The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:57:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204337 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #600 on: June 02, 2021, 15:35:22 pm »

The Goode money was used for good old ‘running costs’ and meant that the chairman didn’t have to write any cheques until the end of April......
The playoffs would have cost the club money, there was no income, and the loss in match day revenue was negated by the FA cup run money and the PL bailout cash......

I can’t believe I’m going to defend KT here but….
If you are in a few million deep, plus playing to an empty stadium, anyone in their right mind would cut their cloth accordingly. Whether it is a big bucks sale, cup run etc, I don’t foresee the ‘profits’ being thrown at additional playing budget for the foreseeable. The only time we may see some bigger wedge is if we start flirting with the potential drop.
You have to assume we have a budget that is in the ball park of enabling some league two success on the pitch, so having the right management team is essential. IF JB ever starts complaining about a lack of resources then his credibility will probably already been left long behind him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #601 on: June 02, 2021, 15:35:46 pm »

The first thing I would be asking KT/JB if I was a journalist (or in one of the open forums) is simply: tell me how this signing is evidence of an improved recruitment process.

Because he's going to be brilliant. Next.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #602 on: June 02, 2021, 15:45:56 pm »

Give him a chance, he could be our new Vadaine Oliver
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #603 on: June 02, 2021, 15:49:21 pm »

I didn't get the first la bamba clue despite being obvious, probably because its annoying shite,

I first thought of afrika bambaataa and Soul Sonic Force  

Maybe my age or just the drugs I take.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2021, 16:17:49 pm »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/15133532/english-football-league-money-troubles/
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #605 on: June 02, 2021, 16:31:18 pm »

This is possibly a bit racist and lazy but watching his highlight reel he looks like he could be a bit like Jamille Matt.  Hopefully this is the case as Matt has always been a handful at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2021, 16:36:32 pm »

I think some fans can't make their mind up what they want.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2021, 17:12:02 pm »

I think some fans can't make their mind up what they want.

Bring back the days when we used to turn up at the County Ground and support whoever was wearing Cobblers colours irrespective of their previous exploits, have the usual 'lost again' comments amongst us socially that night and forget about it until the next game.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2021, 17:50:17 pm »

I can’t believe I’m going to defend KT here but….
If you are in a few million deep, plus playing to an empty stadium, anyone in their right mind would cut their cloth accordingly. Whether it is a big bucks sale, cup run etc, I don’t foresee the ‘profits’ being thrown at additional playing budget for the foreseeable. The only time we may see some bigger wedge is if we start flirting with the potential drop.
You have to assume we have a budget that is in the ball park of enabling some league two success on the pitch, so having the right management team is essential. IF JB ever starts complaining about a lack of resources then his credibility will probably already been left long behind him.
But he’s not.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #609 on: June 02, 2021, 18:35:08 pm »

could be a week for the pleasure beach
Spot on transfer info...

Apparently nicke kabamba once went on holiday to Blackpool as a youngster....

Or are we about to do some business with Blackpool in the next few days/months/years ??
Any more transfer clues??
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #610 on: June 02, 2021, 18:42:04 pm »

No one has taken the club forward financially in a long time and questions must be asked over what happened to the Goode and play off money from last season.

No one has ever taken this football club forward financially, not one owner has managed to do that. Our two home grounds haven't helped that.

Secondly, not sure if you've been around Planet Earth recently, but football clubs haven't been able to earn a lot of money over the last 15 months and are still two months away from maybe starting to, although that's still TBC. The fact they've all managed to complete an entire season is quite a feat. So where do you think the Charlie Goode transfer money and the money from the FA Cup run has ended up?

Certainly not on refurbishing a house in Church Brampton.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest49

« Reply #611 on: June 02, 2021, 18:48:11 pm »

But he’s not.

Hence the big if. I’m sure he won’t and always prefer those accountable manager types. KT has shown faith on the back of a relegation, so I’m sure JB will want to show what he can do with a clean slate…or KT couldn’t be arsed to roll the dice again.
I predict we’ll be at the right end of the table this season….as long as he signs a goalie  Tongue
If not the merry go around will continue….
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #612 on: June 02, 2021, 19:49:06 pm »

Spot on transfer info...

Apparently nicke kabamba once went on holiday to Blackpool as a youngster....

Or are we about to do some business with Blackpool in the next few days/months/years ??
Any more transfer clues??

a little premature with your numpty comments even by your standards .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #613 on: June 02, 2021, 19:58:36 pm »

Bring back the days when we used to turn up at the County Ground and support whoever was wearing Cobblers colours irrespective of their previous exploits, have the usual 'lost again' comments amongst us socially that night and forget about it until the next game.

Wasn’t always the case as can remember Roly Mills, Leck, Everett and Sanders getting the ‘treatment’; no internet then but can remember some vocal opinion ringing out!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 23:13:24 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #614 on: June 02, 2021, 21:00:28 pm »

a little premature with your numpty comments even by your standards .

Oh me sides  Grin
Obviously your info didn’t stretch to today’s signing  Grin

I can match you’re accuracy....
We are about to sign some players who have league one/two experience before the season starts....

Not able to give names though blah blah blah

Just leave it to ntfc lad whose the only in the know poster left on here nowadays.

One source of genuine info and loads of guessers /attention seekers.

I have no idea whose signing and to be honest I’m not too fussed as unless Kelvin pulls his finger out and builds the much trumpeted redevelopment it will be a fourth season of sixfields exile for me.

Something needs to change and sadly the only certainty is unlike other clubs the change will not be bought about by the apathetic fans of Northampton who are more than satisfied bobbing along forever in league two...

Enjoy a few more seasons of on and off the field stagnation.
Il visit when things change

UTC
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2021, 23:20:42 pm »

Oh me sides  Grin

We are about to sign some players who have league one/two experience before the season starts....

Just leave it to ntfc lad whose the only in the know poster left on here nowadays.

I have no idea whose signing and to be honest I’m not too fussed as unless Kelvin pulls his finger out and builds the much trumpeted redevelopment it will be a fourth season of sixfields exile for me.

Something needs to change and sadly the only certainty is unlike other clubs the change will not be bought about by the apathetic fans of Northampton who are more than satisfied bobbing along forever in league two...

UTC

I prefer a successful team doing well in League 1 and support growing! Then that might be the time to think about redevelopment. Horse first followed by carriage! Without a successful side nothing much will happen!
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2021, 07:51:17 am »

Oh me sides  Grin

UTC
You just cant keep away, can you?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2021, 08:10:30 am »

You just cant keep away, can you?

Touche
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2021, 08:19:34 am »

Oh me sides  Grin

UTC
oh dear .
Have you sought any kind of help at all ? It is freely available and people to talk to at the end of a phone .
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2021, 08:50:32 am »

Is there another thread where moaners and bigger picture stuff can happen and we can keep this clear for ntfclad to give us clues or anyone who has spotted Bayo in the sixfields McDonalds?

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: