The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:43:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204066 times)
bungle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #760 on: June 08, 2021, 17:51:14 pm »

Good management from Brady re: Jones. Hasn't allowed him to leave us high and dry in the vein of Oliver and Coke. Fully expect Watson to go the same way later in the week.

With Bolger and Sheehan leaving we were always going to need to recruit at least one additional centre back; now we need at least two: a guaranteed starter and leader and a decent back up. (I'm assuming that Brady isn't a fan of 3 at the back from what we've seen so far.)

Horsfall has a lot of potential but he needs to be alongside a dominant leader. I'd like to see us sign one experienced leader like Luke Chambers and one up-and-coming centre back with a bit of pace to provide back up and competition.

Pinnock looks decent enough but I'm wondering why the Dons and Killie let him go. It does make me chuckle a bit that KT made all those noises about a data-based approach but our recruitment so far seems to be based on players that Foyle happened to see play against Motherwell.

Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #761 on: June 08, 2021, 17:53:44 pm »

Good management from Brady re: Jones. Hasn't allowed him to leave us high and dry in the vein of Oliver and Coke. Fully expect Watson to go the same way later in the week.

With Bolger and Sheehan leaving we were always going to need to recruit at least one additional centre back; now we need at least two: a guaranteed starter and leader and a decent back up. (I'm assuming that Brady isn't a fan of 3 at the back from what we've seen so far.)

Horsfall has a lot of potential but he needs to be alongside a dominant leader. I'd like to see us sign one experienced leader like Luke Chambers and one up-and-coming centre back with a bit of pace to provide back up and competition.

Pinnock looks decent enough but I'm wondering why the Dons and Killie let him go. It does make me chuckle a bit that KT made all those noises about a data-based approach but our recruitment so far seems to be based on players that Foyle happened to see play against Motherwell.

Pinnock was offered a new deal by Kilmarnock, but turned it down as wanted to come back to England
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #762 on: June 08, 2021, 18:03:20 pm »

LLoyd Jones has indeed signed for Cambridge United.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #763 on: June 08, 2021, 18:07:10 pm »

LLoyd Jones has indeed signed for Cambridge United.

Actually I'm more interested in Alex Jones teaming up with Pinnock.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #764 on: June 08, 2021, 18:08:15 pm »

Mitch Pinnock looks to have some talent...give him a chance. He's the sort of player who could do it for us!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #765 on: June 08, 2021, 18:10:58 pm »

He's got to get a contract first.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 08, 2021, 18:12:47 pm »

He's got to get a contract first.

He's got to prove his fitness
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #767 on: June 08, 2021, 18:20:52 pm »

He's got to prove his fitness

Well, he's been invited to training. He might decide not to come or will get himself fixed up somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 08, 2021, 18:35:49 pm »

Well, he's been invited to training. He might decide not to come or will get himself fixed up somewhere else.

I liked what I saw of him last season, I think he has potential for L2.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #769 on: June 08, 2021, 18:50:50 pm »

Kilmarnock Forum:-
Poster 1 - Pinnock has joined Kabamba at Northampton.
Poster 2 - I feel for their fans.
Obviously both highly rated, we will judge for ourselves in a couple of months time.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #770 on: June 08, 2021, 19:10:31 pm »

No chance .
As for Powell - even less chance .
Happy with Pinnock though - i think that’s a good signing .
Shows we will be playing 442
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #771 on: June 08, 2021, 19:10:52 pm »

Kilmarnock Forum:-
Poster 1 - Pinnock has joined Kabamba at Northampton.
Poster 2 - I feel for their fans.
Obviously both highly rated, we will judge for ourselves in a couple of months time.
Just read that, the next post says, who the fûck are their agents?
Scottish Prem is way better standard than L2 so they maybe ok, I’m not holding my breath though.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #772 on: June 08, 2021, 19:11:16 pm »

According to the Chron we offered L Jones a better contract than Cambridge but he wanted league 1 football.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 08, 2021, 19:17:36 pm »

According to the Chron we offered L Jones a better contract than Cambridge but he wanted league 1 football.

Am I being a bit nasty if I hope he falls flat on his face?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #774 on: June 08, 2021, 19:29:42 pm »

Nope fcuk him.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #775 on: June 08, 2021, 19:32:46 pm »

Me too Sing.
We showed him a lot of respect and loyalty by giving him 2 chances to rebuild his career.
As soon as he has the upper hand he flips the finger to the club and fans.

I guess it’s the way of the world though. It makes us all feel a bit better if it’s all about money but in this case it doesn’t seem to be …. So, as far as I’m concerned, he can rot!

Don’t need anyone that don’t need us -  so let’s move on
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #776 on: June 08, 2021, 19:41:07 pm »

Mitch Pinnock looks to have some talent...give him a chance. He's the sort of player who could do it for us!

I liked the look of his show reel - mind you if you wait long enough you’ll fill a 5 minute video of nice football for anyone (excluding all our forwards last year though!!?).

A 6 foot plus tricky winger - reminds me of the legendary Josh Low. If he’s half as good as the Welsh wizard he’ll get some hearts beating faster next season at Sixfields!!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
guest3086

« Reply #777 on: June 08, 2021, 21:10:12 pm »

So it looks like Danny Rogers will be the goalie.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #778 on: June 09, 2021, 03:16:28 am »

Me too Sing.
We showed him a lot of respect and loyalty by giving him 2 chances to rebuild his career.
As soon as he has the upper hand he flips the finger to the club and fans.

I guess it’s the way of the world though. It makes us all feel a bit better if it’s all about money but in this case it doesn’t seem to be …. So, as far as I’m concerned, he can rot!

Don’t need anyone that don’t need us -  so let’s move on

Agreed. This is sport and having a half hearted want away with Charlie big potato ambitions is worthless. Heart, desire and pride are what you need.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #779 on: June 09, 2021, 08:21:58 am »

Scottish Prem is way better standard than L2

aside from 2 teams - it isnt
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: