The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:59:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 203813 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #880 on: June 10, 2021, 16:35:13 pm »

One free transfer leaves , another one arrives

Interestingly for all the clubs soundbytes about a new pathway blah blah blah , the two players we’d have like to have kept haven’t bought into it and have jumped ship

That’s the crux of it
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #881 on: June 10, 2021, 16:47:35 pm »

folk won’t need to be detectives soon hopefully .

0 guesses out of 4 so far. Keep going, you’ll get one soon!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #882 on: June 10, 2021, 17:01:14 pm »

Refreshing to see a manager not being messed around. On the flip side it looks like 3 very average signings so far.

On paper the replacements looks cheaper than those they have replaced. Maybe we are saving cash for a couple of big incomings!?
😂😂😂 maybe KT will answer all the Trusts questions and give full refunds to all season ticket holders as well!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 10, 2021, 17:07:19 pm »

See what i did there
one detective out and another one in

Watson was never a detective. He just rode the coattails. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #884 on: June 10, 2021, 17:51:55 pm »

I am a touch disappointed, although not surprised, by the general negativity greeting our new signings. Brady is in the process of surrounding himself with people that have both a mountain of experience in the game and the club at heart. No doubt there will be failures but, maybe a tad naively, I expect our recruitment to be a step or two up on recent seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #885 on: June 10, 2021, 17:57:52 pm »

0 guesses out of 4 so far. Keep going, you’ll get one soon!
really ?
i am sure i mentioned a detective - Lewis
I thought it would be earlier which is why i asked about Tranmere the other day before the last arrival .
Pleasure beach - calderwood as you will discover .
Others  may be hidden , who knows .
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #886 on: June 10, 2021, 17:58:32 pm »

Emmm we have basically got rid of a midfielder who scored 9 goals in L1 last year for one who scored 7 goals in L2. Not really sure what’s too exciting about it tbh.
Still let’s see him play first.

There is FAR more to a midfielder than goals scored.         Roll Eyes Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 10, 2021, 18:09:33 pm »

really ?
I thought it would be earlier which is why i asked about Tranmere the other day before the last arrival .

Who knows??

NTFC lad that’s who….
The only poster on here with a hundred percent track record.

If you want info he’s the man to take notice of.
He’s the only poster with proper inside info and contacts.

Would it be possible to have a ntfc lad transfer thread that is separate from the other pages of wish lists and guesses just so we can cut to the chase…

Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #888 on: June 10, 2021, 18:14:35 pm »

really ?

You'll learn to be secure in your own self soon enough  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #889 on: June 10, 2021, 18:15:43 pm »

A few thoughts:

1. Watson and Jones were always going to get L1 offers. We shouldn't see their departures as rejection of Brady's 'project', just a exercise of completely justifiable ambition on their parts. Brady showed good management in setting a deadline and sticking to it.

2. I'd have liked Watson to stay but he's not a huge loss. 6 of his goals came in a 5 game purple patch and quite a few were from set pieces. His passing, creativity/assists and tackling were all bang average really and I wouldn't say he stood out when we were last in L2. In fact Curle benched him quite a bit at the start of this season. Will he repeat last season's feat and score 9+ goals again for a team who are not set up for him to play as a kind of advanced false 9? We'll see.

3. What I would say about the new signings so far is this:

- None of them are 'exciting' (not that this necessarily counts for much)
- None of them scream revolutionary 'data-based' recruitment to me

At first glance, the thought process behind the Lewis signing seems to be: we've just lost a goal-scoring midfielder, let's bring another
one in. Once again, I'd like to know the data which was used to identify Lewis as a good signing beyond a simplistic glance at the goals scored column.

If KT has identified poor recruitment as the primary reason for our relegation, and identified a data-based approach as the solution then we need to see some evidence that the process has improved.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #890 on: June 10, 2021, 18:34:23 pm »

They sign a contract to start on 1 July, just like our new players have. The fact they are employed up to the end of June by NTFC is of no relevance really, they are free agents from 1 July. If Watson had signed for someone else I'm sure his new club would have announced it...unless they want do some big unavailing like we did many years ago with Taylor,Jess and Dyche. I doubt Watson warrants that.

Well my real point is if a player 'signs' for us as an example and he then becomes an official signee on the 1st July; Jones
has done the same thing with Cambridge if he has serious second thoughts can he legally opt out prior to 1st July?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #891 on: June 10, 2021, 18:41:01 pm »

Well my real point is if a player 'signs' for us as an example and he then becomes an official signee on the 1st July; Jones
has done the same thing with Cambridge if he has serious second thoughts can he legally opt out prior to 1st July?

I do not believe so, they sign pre-contracts. So basically that contract just kicks in on 1st July, its now set in stone.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #892 on: June 10, 2021, 18:47:14 pm »

I do not believe so, they sign pre-contracts. So basically that contract just kicks in on 1st July, its now set in stone.

Absolutely correct. Otherwise it would be mayhem with players signing then pulling out at the 11th hour. Pre-contract basically means full contract from a certain date - normally 1st July.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 10, 2021, 18:47:39 pm »

If KT has identified poor recruitment as the primary reason for our relegation, and identified a data-based approach as the solution then we need to see some evidence that the process has improved.

There's only one form of evidence that really counts.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #894 on: June 10, 2021, 19:09:03 pm »

A few thoughts:

1. Watson and Jones were always going to get L1 offers. We shouldn't see their departures as rejection of Brady's 'project', just a exercise of completely justifiable ambition on their parts. Brady showed good management in setting a deadline and sticking to it.

2. I'd have liked Watson to stay but he's not a huge loss. 6 of his goals came in a 5 game purple patch and quite a few were from set pieces. His passing, creativity/assists and tackling were all bang average really and I wouldn't say he stood out when we were last in L2. In fact Curle benched him quite a bit at the start of this season. Will he repeat last season's feat and score 9+ goals again for a team who are not set up for him to play as a kind of advanced false 9? We'll see.

3. What I would say about the new signings so far is this:

- None of them are 'exciting' (not that this necessarily counts for much)
- None of them scream revolutionary 'data-based' recruitment to me

At first glance, the thought process behind the Lewis signing seems to be: we've just lost a goal-scoring midfielder, let's bring another
one in. Once again, I'd like to know the data which was used to identify Lewis as a good signing beyond a simplistic glance at the goals scored column.

Pretty much spot on here, but I would suggest that the data-based approach is very much still a planned idea at best. KT said already that they aren't looking into hiring a data analyst "yet" - because, you know, why would we rush something like this after a calamitous relegation with poor recruitment at the heart of the issues?

As for Watson, I don't think he's close to being as much of a loss as Lloyd Jones. The Jones-Horsfall partnership had started to work really well for us and he'll be really hard to replace with the same quality; in fact I don't think we will. Watson is a very good player for L2 level but as you say he didn't massively stand out in that division before. His only real career goal spurt came under Brady, so perhaps we should look more to Brady's tactical nous for being able to get goals from a capable midfielder than to Watson being a regular goal threat?

Paul Lewis clearly has it in him to arrive late in the box and score goals - there was plenty in the club's new signing 'scout report'! Would like to think that Brady is intending on using him as a number 10 with an aerial threat to get on the end of Pinnock's crosses. Think we need a playmaker still but I'm sure one will be signed in the next month or so!
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #895 on: June 10, 2021, 19:28:15 pm »

Where did this data approach come from. I thought Foyle left because we went to that style. He has returned because now we have reverted to z scouting basis.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #896 on: June 10, 2021, 19:29:37 pm »

Interesting - any Lawyers on here who can comment! For a start there must be some mitigating circumstances?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #897 on: June 10, 2021, 19:41:43 pm »

On the Div.2 forum Tranmere fan thought that  Lewis was more suited in a deep midfield role rather than an attacking midfield role. Yet another signing who has played for Macclesfield.
Let's hope he proves the comments on the Tranmere forum incorrect.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #898 on: June 10, 2021, 19:44:41 pm »

Who knows??

NTFC lad that’s who….
The only poster on here with a hundred percent track record.

If you want info he’s the man to take notice of.
He’s the only poster with proper inside info and contacts.

Would it be possible to have a ntfc lad transfer thread that is separate from the other pages of wish lists and guesses just so we can cut to the chase…

i couldn’t agree more .
NTFCLad is the main man
his record is 100% folks

Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #899 on: June 10, 2021, 19:58:17 pm »

Someone said they don't care what opposition fans say about players?

I don't understand that. Generally fans are right about players in the main.

Yes there was the Ricky Holmes case but I struggle to think of many others where fans have said someone isn't very good and he's turned out to be good?

You poll 100 Cobblers fans their opinion on a player and the majority will be about right, of course you get the odd mentalist.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: