The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:12:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204469 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1380 on: June 27, 2021, 07:45:34 am »

To give an example if posh had signed Callum Morton on loan they’d have put cash on the table and made the deal permanent in order to make a few million.

So we could sell him to Cheltenham for £10m  Grin

You make good comparisons but sadly comparing us to P*sh these days is like comparing P*sh to Man City.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1381 on: June 27, 2021, 07:59:45 am »

Imo there’s no comparison
Posh do things properly and speculate to accumulate (the onus being on strikers who make the most money)
Britt asombalonga was purchased for a record fee and sold on for 6 million
Dwight Gayle £500,000-£4.5 million
Toney bought and sold for massive profit
Clarke Harris bought for a million and will no doubt be sold for many more.

I’m sure there are many more.

The difference is that they are spending proper money in order to make things work….
We are spending 50k on Harry smith etc,an expenditure of roughly 10% of the posh model.

To give an example if posh had signed Callum Morton on loan they’d have put cash on the table and made the deal permanent in order to make a few million.

We didn’t and signed Ryan edmondson on loan

I don’t necessarily disagree but the whole Peterborough model started with a good youth policy that was able to produce the likes of Davies and Ethrington. If you then have money to invest, have good scouting so you have more hits than misses, are confident enough to offer long contracts while not getting stuck with duds and are able to get top money for your players then it will work.
It can’t be that easy because I can’t think of other clubs at our level that have invested to the same level as Peterborough with the same success.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1382 on: June 27, 2021, 08:02:13 am »

The Sky sports app mentions Rangers are after Chucks, I blame Manwork!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1383 on: June 27, 2021, 08:18:57 am »

So we could sell him to Cheltenham for £10m  Grin

You make good comparisons but sadly comparing us to P*sh these days is like comparing P*sh to Man City.
Very true and how has that happened??
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1384 on: June 27, 2021, 08:25:29 am »

Big Ron Manager showcasing them to a multi millionaire.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1385 on: June 27, 2021, 08:32:19 am »

Just now the efl zone have said northampton are after  kabongo tshimanga, with leyton orient and Hartlepool the others.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
guest49

« Reply #1386 on: June 27, 2021, 08:42:07 am »

Very true and how has that happened??

Tons of reasons:
- Wealthier chairman…complete with questionable past business dealings.
- More forward thinking council.
- More successful managers.
- Bigger ground.
- Increased investment in players.

Can’t comment on the day to day professionalism and info structure but can probably assume it is next level.
Despite this they have struggled to establish themselves as a Championship team and their first time back since 2013. I’m sure their fans moan about flogging the likes of Toney. I think this demonstrates how far away we are from reaching it. It’s possible though as shown by the likes of Wycombe. Staying there is a whole new challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 27, 2021, 09:13:45 am »

Tons of reasons:
- Wealthier chairman…complete with questionable past business dealings.
- More forward thinking council.
- More successful managers.
- Bigger ground.
- Increased investment in players.

Can’t comment on the day to day professionalism and info structure but can probably assume it is next level.
Despite this they have struggled to establish themselves as a Championship team and their first time back since 2013. I’m sure their fans moan about flogging the likes of Toney. I think this demonstrates how far away we are from reaching it. It’s possible though as shown by the likes of Wycombe. Staying there is a whole new challenge.
+1

They’ve left us so far behind that our rivalry will soon be consigned to history….
Our future local derby is more likely to be brackley unfortunately.

Sad but true
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 27, 2021, 09:27:39 am »

Just now the efl zone have said northampton are after  kabongo tshimanga, with leyton orient and Hartlepool the others.
Now this signing would be acceptable
It would show a bit of ambition to replicate the proven posh formula

However I doubt we will speculate ,instead relying on our free transfer journeyman and unproven youth loans approach that has served us so well Roll Eyes

Here’s hoping for a bright new dawn under KTs new management conglomerate.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1389 on: June 27, 2021, 09:44:01 am »

Come on man, give your head a wobble. 'Brackley will be our biggest local rivals', FFS. Get some perspective in life please. Posh have a great model becaus they're lucky enough to have an owner who can spend some cash. However, it's not Championship cash or championship crowds, so we will be playing in the same league as them within 5 years, I have absolutely no doubt.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 27, 2021, 10:18:45 am »

Come on man, give your head a wobble. 'Brackley will be our biggest local rivals', FFS. Get some perspective in life please. Posh have a great model becaus they're lucky enough to have an owner who can spend some cash. However, it's not Championship cash or championship crowds, so we will be playing in the same league as them within 5 years, I have absolutely no doubt.
Posh are two leagues above us
Brackley two leagues below

We are a million miles away from being able to compete with Peterborough and other championship sides having been left behind,but brackley are only a thousand miles away from being able to compete financially with us and other league two clubs.

Posh by JCH for a million
We buy the likes of smith for £50k
Brackley must be able to buy players for 10/20k at a guess (I’m sure someone must know)

That’s my analogy.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1391 on: June 27, 2021, 11:07:03 am »

We are a million miles away from being able to compete with Peterborough and other championship sides having been left behind,but brackley are only a thousand miles away from being able to compete financially with us and other league two clubs.
Brackley must be able to buy players for 10/20k at a guess (I’m sure someone must know)
Compete with us, and other league two clubs? Have you ever been there? Nice enough day out, but football league standard, no way.
And a population of 13 thousand. I can recall what happened at Nene park.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1392 on: June 27, 2021, 11:40:32 am »

Various rumours from efl hub :-
We are interested in defender Jordan Thomas
Together with Walsall and Bradford we are interested in ex Bristol Rovers midfielder Ed Upson
We are also interested in Oldham midfielder Dylan Bahamboula, so are Portsmouth.
Perhaps ntfclad could indicate if any of these are true.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1393 on: June 27, 2021, 11:41:26 am »

Would be very happy if we were in for Tshimanga. Nearly a goal every 2 games over the last 2 league seasons. Boreham played 3412 and would say he definitely needs a partner as he wins nothing in the air. But he puts the ball in the net and has some real pace, could be the near 20 goal a season scorer we still need.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1394 on: June 27, 2021, 11:42:05 am »

Together with Walsall and Bradford we are interested in ex Bristol Rovers midfielder Ed Upson
We are also interested in Oldham midfielder Dylan Bahamboula, so are Portsmouth.

Ed Upson signed for newport 6 days ago.....
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #1395 on: June 27, 2021, 12:56:53 pm »

Posh are two leagues above us
Brackley two leagues below

Posh by JCH for a million
We buy the likes of smith for £50k

That’s my analogy

Surely a better analogy is Rushden and Diamonds. Very ambitious clu b,paying large wages,
.owner then decided to move on and transferred it for a minimal amount to the supporters Trust.They then went from strength to strength.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1396 on: June 27, 2021, 13:47:18 pm »

Surely a better analogy is Rushden and Diamonds. Very ambitious clu b,paying large wages,
.owner then decided to move on and transferred it for a minimal amount to the supporters Trust.They then went from strength to strength.
Fûck me there’s simplifying a situation and what you’ve just tried to type, there were a lot more extraneous factors that meant it went tîts up than just because it was transferred to fan ownership FFS.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 27, 2021, 14:01:29 pm »

You may be right there

My one hope is that now the club have gone to the effort of getting a decent back room staff in place (all of which costs money) they now take the plunge and speculate to accumulate.

I’ve said many times that imo the current owners have a massive catchment area in northants and lots of extra fans would come to watch if they think the on field project is to their liking.

I know others laugh at me (as is their prerogative) but if the right ambition was shown and the owners had the financial clout/backing then this club could be in the championship playing in a 16/20 thousand stadium and selling out within five years.

I’ve no idea where the club lies in the current owners list of priorities and I may have claret specs on but I can’t help think that although they may be blinded by land deals (the complexities of which are beyond me) they may be missing a trick in that they actually own a football club with so much potential that itself could be built up and sold for vast profit if the will was there.

Luton town have flown by us to the championship and I know which of the two clubs has more potential and it’s not Luton.

The land deal may be at the forefront of the current owners (I really don’t know) but if they make their money and sell the club on without first investing in it to sell on as it’s own entity then they’re losing out on another potential windfall imo.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1398 on: June 27, 2021, 16:25:34 pm »

EFL hub  Grin They haven't updated anything since 20th May. So, I wouldn't trust anything they've mentioned.

EFL Zone is probably a better place to look.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1399 on: June 27, 2021, 20:05:21 pm »

The two lads who were offered to come for training have both decided not to take up the option of coming back for pre-season.
Morgan Roberts currently considering some offers from non-league clubs and Alex Jones sounds like his injuries have finished him.

Taken from the horses mouth today.

Alex Jones is only 26. I would have thought he would give pre-season training a go, if given a chance. More likely the club have said no and are exploring other options.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: