The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:03:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204028 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1760 on: July 14, 2021, 12:35:01 pm »

It’s better intent than a perm kid loan.

+
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1761 on: July 14, 2021, 12:35:34 pm »

I assume that's 'if' because it would not make sense to delay and miss out on a target to save a tiny amount on wages waiting for Caleb ti leave.

Personally I would do everything possible to keep Caleb rather than spend money on a fee for someone else.
His agent is running things he’s leaving.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #1762 on: July 14, 2021, 12:35:47 pm »

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the younger McWilliams get a 1yr deal for peanuts to fill this space, or a loanee?

And, of course, Camron McWilliams is 20 years old, so being under 21 would not count towards the 20 player limit
Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1763 on: July 14, 2021, 14:04:30 pm »

Why would Caleb leaving make any difference on paying money for anything. He is hardly taking up much of the playing budget is he? and there is nothing to suggest anyone will pay money to us for signing him? Or have I missed something somewhere?
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1764 on: July 14, 2021, 14:21:30 pm »

Why would Caleb leaving make any difference on paying money for anything. He is hardly taking up much of the playing budget is he? and there is nothing to suggest anyone will pay money to us for signing him? Or have I missed something somewhere?

I am the same as you. Surely they are hoping he stays or its of zero relevance.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3359

« Reply #1765 on: July 14, 2021, 14:57:08 pm »

I think Caleb is a great player, although from the littke we've seen still needs to learn a lot, which I'm sure he will.
Would love him to stay but clearly either he or his agent think he's too good for us. So personally I hope he leaves quickly. We need people who want to be at the club not players who take far more headlines about them staying than they deserve, and let the rest of the squad form the sort of bond that helps win leagues
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1766 on: July 14, 2021, 14:58:56 pm »

I think Caleb is a great player, although from the littke we've seen still needs to learn a lot, which I'm sure he will.
Would love him to stay but clearly either he or his agent think he's too good for us. So personally I hope he leaves quickly. We need people who want to be at the club not players who take far more headlines about them staying than they deserve, and let the rest of the squad form the sort of bond that helps win leagues

Good post Woody agree.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #1767 on: July 14, 2021, 15:14:43 pm »

Re. FC Bruges:
That would be great move for our Chuck.
Winners of the League
30,000 capacity stadium
Reputation for bringing on young talent
Best beer in the world
Best chocolate in the world

I don’t believe this nonsense about freeing up money for a new striker! Doesn’t make sense given Chuck’s likely wages.
I Do agree though - if you don’t wanna be somewhere then it’s best for all concerned if you ain’t there!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1768 on: July 14, 2021, 15:40:32 pm »

Re. FC Bruges:
Winners of the League
30,000 capacity stadium
Best beer in the world

I don’t believe this nonsense about freeing up money for a new striker! Doesn’t make sense given Chuck’s likely wages.
I Do agree though - if you don’t wanna be somewhere then it’s best for all concerned if you ain’t there!

Could it be because the contract offer they've actually made to him is far better than we think?

If so, until he accepts or rejects (or the club withdraws), that money will be set aside from the budget.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1769 on: July 14, 2021, 15:46:22 pm »

It’s better intent than a perm kid loan.

Really, we signed Morton on loan who played a big part in getting us promoted. We signed BAS & Rose for fees who played a big part in getting us relegated. While I understand a preference for a contracted player for longer term strategy the priory is to sign good players above everything.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #1770 on: July 14, 2021, 16:13:01 pm »

Maybe the cash signing is linked to the other Chuck...?

I think wait and see what pans out. Pretty sure it's zero to do with wages though and more about cash to buy someone. Don't pay out until the other is confirmed, surely?
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 14, 2021, 16:31:07 pm »

Maybe the cash signing is linked to the other Chuck...?

I think wait and see what pans out. Pretty sure it's zero to do with wages though and more about cash to buy someone. Don't pay out until the other is confirmed, surely?

I hope you are right Wandering.
Happy to keep hold of Chuck but if we lose him then I see Kabongo Tshimanga is still sloshing about somewhere in the transfer ether!! I’d be happy to see him come in as a replacement.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 14, 2021, 22:15:26 pm »

Re. FC Bruges:
Winners of the League
30,000 capacity stadium
Best beer in the world

Dear Jimbo,
There are two FC Bruges, that is Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge, both play in the same stadium, one attracts gates of approx 21000 the other 5400! Often wondered which Club people refer to. Hope his Agent/Chucks know. Expect Coolie can help?
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 14, 2021, 23:22:58 pm »

Dear Jimbo,
There are two FC Bruges, that is Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge, both play in the same stadium, one attracts gates of approx 21000 the other 5400! Often wondered which Club people refer to. Hope his Agent/Chucks know. Expect Coolie can help?

Oh well, I guess the beer and chocolate are still the best no matter which FC Bruges he ends up at?
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1774 on: July 15, 2021, 06:50:22 am »

Could it be because the contract offer they've actually made to him is far better than we think?

If so, until he accepts or rejects (or the club withdraws), that money will be set aside from the budget.

Exactly that. While his contract offer remains on the table, we can’t make a similar offer to another striker…

You’d assume if we find another target they would take chucks offer off the table.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 15, 2021, 07:03:16 am »

Exactly that. While his contract offer remains on the table, we can’t make a similar offer to another striker…

You’d assume if we find another target they would take chucks offer off the table.

Are you saying they can’t do both, keep Chucks and sign (paying a transfer fee), due to financial restraints? If so we are not even contemplating the ‘Boro method! Simply increase our offer based on the hope that some big club will come in anyway? I know which option Shoey would take Cool
Report Spam   Logged

guest3359

« Reply #1776 on: July 15, 2021, 07:34:27 am »

Oh well, I guess the beer and chocolate are still the best no matter which FC Bruges he ends up at?
"How did you chose which club to sign for?"

"I preferred Affligem to Phipps"
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1777 on: July 15, 2021, 08:01:38 am »

Are you saying they can’t do both, keep Chucks and sign (paying a transfer fee), due to financial restraints? If so we are not even contemplating the ‘Boro method! Simply increase our offer based on the hope that some big club will come in anyway? I know which option Shoey would take Cool
If I was a player choosing between a League 2 side and a Champions League side, I don't even care if the League two side is offering twice the wages, its a very obvious choice.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1778 on: July 15, 2021, 08:21:24 am »

Have we not just got one high earning striker off the books in Harry smith?

Are people now saying we need to get chuks off the wage bill as well to bring a new striker in  Grin

Chucks is on a scholarship , if he’s on more than £200 a week I’d be amazed.

Him staying or leaving would be of no consequence to us buying a decent striker.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1779 on: July 15, 2021, 08:39:52 am »

Really, we signed Morton on loan who played a big part in getting us promoted. We signed BAS & Rose for fees who played a big part in getting us relegated. While I understand a preference for a contracted player for longer term strategy the priory is to sign good players above everything.
Morton was of zero long term benefit to us as a club.
I think we could probably buy him for £250,000 now if we had the ambition and imo it’s no gamble as he would score 20+ goals and be sold on for a million pounds plus.

We won’t do that ,another club will and will reap the long term rewards.
We will continue spending 50k or less and wondering why we can’t emulate Peterborough!!

These sort of loans are only worthwhile if there is an option to buy involved.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: