The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:05:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 203979 times)
Follyking

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 2 10 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2040 on: July 25, 2021, 20:41:52 pm »

Kion Etete
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #2041 on: July 25, 2021, 20:46:18 pm »

Kion Etete

Possible player involved in the alledged swap deal involving Celeb to Spurs?

Whatever happens, would be ideal to get it sorted before the season starts as Celeb ain't ever signing a pro deal with us....rather we get something / someone in exchange for him now, else he'll just wait out & walk in Jan
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 20:49:03 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #2042 on: July 25, 2021, 22:41:07 pm »

Kion Etete

At 6’6” he’s one inch taller than Big ‘Arry.
Recent posts seem to suggest that the club and their supporters rate him higher than a Div 2 loanee!
Talking of Championship loan or even getting his chance in their first team!!
Why would they want Caleb when they have him?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 26, 2021, 08:04:11 am »

Kion Etete

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-offering-etete-in-exchange-as-talks-advance-on-striker-signing/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1627279465
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2044 on: July 26, 2021, 08:07:18 am »

Player swap deals are always included in bizarre made up rumours, and I never know why because they're impossibly uncommon.
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #2045 on: July 26, 2021, 09:15:54 am »

Controversial opinion maybe but I would not be devastated if we lose Caleb

Obviously I'd rather keep him, I think there is a real player there and would be an asset/go on to make us some money in a sale
However he's never nailed down a starting spot, he is not unreplaceable in what he offers to the squad

When Toney or Goode left, we were sat round thinking how do we get a similar player of that quality in the playing team and the answer was we couldn't
Chuks shows glimpses of raw talent and there's a reason big clubs will be in for him to take a chance he develops but he clearly hasn't impressed either KC or JB enough to be 'the main man' up front

I'd love to keep him for a year or so in L2, watch him develop with some game time and make money in a sale but if he does go then I think we'll be fine
As for the Kion Etete swap deal, it does seem to have some relative heat from decent sources but I agree how rare swap deals are, would be an eye brow raiser!
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2046 on: July 26, 2021, 09:24:05 am »

As for the Kion Etete swap deal, it does seem to have some relative heat from decent sources but I agree how rare swap deals are, would be an eye brow raiser!

If it is True I'd imagine it would be cash for Caleb and the lad on loan as a sweetener.
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2047 on: July 26, 2021, 10:00:59 am »

Surely there is no logic behind this Caleb to Spurs story?

Why would they Spurs be mulling over possibly offering a 19 year old his first professional contract, maybe even looking to negotiate a swap deal. Times can't be that tough for them.

What have they got to loose other than a grand or so a week?

This isn't a high ranking professional we are talking about, it's a kid whos on a couple of hundred quid a week and the 8th richest club in the world.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2048 on: July 26, 2021, 10:07:15 am »

Potentially to replace Kane... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2049 on: July 26, 2021, 10:13:57 am »

Just Googling it, this Spurs link seems to be getting widely reported and there's no mention of Etete being a loan. I'm wary of any untried youngsters from Premier League clubs though - remember Paul Rogers from Arsenal?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2050 on: July 26, 2021, 10:18:54 am »

I would have thought it would be more likely that they might buy him and loan him back to us - having said that I’m not sure whether JB trusts or rates him enough though. I think it’s telling that JB probably knows CC better than anyone and he still doesn’t seem overly bothered about playing him last season or this.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 26, 2021, 10:34:47 am »

Caleb ain't ever signing a pro deal with us, so we've got him til Jan at the latest...

He could sign a pre contract with a club abroad & we'd get nowt...

Rather we cash in / swap deal now for a player that obviously doesn't want to be here...
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2052 on: July 26, 2021, 11:27:03 am »

Didn't we get a swap deal for goode when Brentford brought him?

Look how that turned out!!
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
guest2995

« Reply #2053 on: July 26, 2021, 12:31:57 pm »

it’s a pity caleb can’t learn his trade with first team football at our club before moving on after a season.
What’s the point in developing players from kids if there is no reward for the club whatsoever .
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #2054 on: July 26, 2021, 12:49:15 pm »

I would have thought it would be more likely that they might buy him and loan him back to us

This would be the ideal scenario for both player and club IMO. There's no way he's going to be starting for a Premier League or Championship club any time soon so it make sense for him to stay with us, and to continue learning his trade and making an impact at L2 level.

Toney had at least two loan deals (Shrewsbury, Sc***horpe) at fairy unglamorous locations before he was ready to make a name for himself. 
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2055 on: July 26, 2021, 14:18:29 pm »

it’s a pity caleb can’t learn his trade with first team football at our club before moving on after a season.
What’s the point in developing players from kids if there is no reward for the club whatsoever .

Its an absolute no brainer, choosing between a contract at Tottenham and Northampton, not even taking into account that your younger brother is already knocking down the door at Aston Villa, no-one wants to be the underachieving brother! I guess the point with the youth team is for every Chuk who is good enough to poached for zilch due to epp, you'll get a few McWilliams who are at our level or just above, and if the big club scouts misjudge someone you may get a payday come from it later.

The performance plan giving multi billionaire clubs the ability to plunder smaller clubs at under market value is just dumb all around however. Like allowing Tesco to buy up stock from local grocers at 20% of normal price as and when they want.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 14:20:55 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2056 on: July 26, 2021, 14:38:58 pm »

Welly Cobb hits the nail on the head.

I came to the conclusion a few months ago that peer pressure will be the key here. His younger brother is making a big impact at Aston Villa and Caleb will want a piece of the action more than most. In his bubble, he will most likely consider himself to be at least at his brothers level, and is probably very frustrated that he's having to tough it out in the lower leagues whilst his brother is looking ahead to a season where he could well break into Villa's first team on a regular basis and lord it up as a premier league player.

If I was 18 years old, and was in his position Id feel exactly the bloody same...

I think its one of those where we have to simply hold out for a bit before taking the best offer (if it comes), and let him get on with it.

Its a real shame he wont commit himself here. If he did, I think come January things would likely play out (if he's good enough) and he'd have earned a stab at a higher level. But in his mind, he's probably thinking 'what if I get injured'...

Of course Im making this all up as I go along, I may well be completely wrong. But thats how I see it from looking outside, in!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2057 on: July 26, 2021, 14:47:48 pm »

I see the great but woefully injury prone Sheehan has teamed up with KC at Oldham. Player/coach role.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2058 on: July 26, 2021, 14:58:16 pm »

You are a bit late there Coolcat, I posted that West and Sheehan had joined KC at Oldham 3 days ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2059 on: July 26, 2021, 15:14:10 pm »

I wonder if Caleb's agent / dad reads this message board and has a good chuckle to himself...

On paper we've got a 19 year old kid, who is bit part player of an average league two club and available for absolute peanuts.

So far we've had Club Brugge, Villa, Spurs, Rangers, Southampton & Norwich all 'very interested' but failing to land the scholar whose contract is up in 5 months.

This speculation has been rumbling on for 8 months.

Time we, our 5th choice striker and his agent / dad get back into the real world.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: