The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:25:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204412 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2060 on: July 26, 2021, 15:32:15 pm »

I wonder if Caleb's agent / dad reads this message board and has a good chuckle to himself...

On paper we've got a 19 year old kid, who is bit part player of an average league two club and available for absolute peanuts.

So far we've had Club Brugge, Villa, Spurs, Rangers, Southampton & Norwich all 'very interested' but failing to land the scholar whose contract is up in 5 months.

This speculation has been rumbling on for 8 months.

Time we, our 5th choice striker and his agent / dad get back into the real world.
You’ve hit the nail on the head with his agent, he’ll be pushing like hell to get this deal done.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2061 on: July 26, 2021, 15:51:44 pm »

We don't really have a great track record at bringing people on and selling them onto big clubs, usually players move onto another club before then moving on again, Caleb possibly has a chance to skip the stepping stone and go straight to a big club, like Toney did and although that didnt work out for him in terms of longevity at Newcastle it did give him the chance to work with better coaches and facilities and its hard to argue that he would have developed the same way had he stayed with us for longer.
My opinion is the same as that of a few others here - he wasn't a regular starter for us last year when other strikers were not scoring, he doesn't want to be here so let him go, other than a potentially bigger windfall are we actually going to miss him? There is no guarantee he would set the world alight if he stayed so I think we should just get the best deal we can for him now.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2062 on: July 26, 2021, 16:22:23 pm »

You’ve hit the nail on the head with his agent, he’ll be pushing like hell to get this deal done.

But given the very minor sums involved and the 8 months + of discussions, are we certain there is a deal on the table at all?

As Brady says, he has heard nothing...
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2063 on: July 26, 2021, 19:08:20 pm »

You are a bit late there Coolcat, I posted that West and Sheehan had joined KC at Oldham 3 days ago.
OK, will try again;
Good 2-0 win this evening against R&D at the 🦮&🦆  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #2064 on: July 26, 2021, 19:54:09 pm »

OK, will try again;
Good 2-0 win this evening against R&D at the 🦮&🦆  Smiley

Only two  Huh? I expected at least 10.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2065 on: July 26, 2021, 20:08:18 pm »

Have another try, we are not playing until tomorrow evening.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 26, 2021, 22:28:19 pm »

But given the very minor sums involved and the 8 months + of discussions, are we certain there is a deal on the table at all?

If there was a hint of a serious deal he would be gone.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #2067 on: July 27, 2021, 07:26:50 am »

I heard that Caleb has the same agent as George Weah's cousin.
It does all seem to be agent talk and paper talk.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:14 am »

I heard that Caleb has the same agent as George Weah's cousin.
It does all seem to be agent talk and paper talk.
Trying to talk up his value, happens all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 27, 2021, 10:27:31 am »

Trying to talk up his value, happens all the time.

The value of which is very very low.

Caleb is 20 in a couple of months and is yet to break into the first team. He remains the 5th choice striker of an average league two side. To date, he’s scored 1 in 22 league games over around 530 minutes and has one assist. 

To put it into perspective, Caleb is nearly two years older than Toney when he was scoring goals regularly at league 2 level. By the age of 20 Toney was well established and scoring regularly at league 1 level.

Caleb has a long way to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #2070 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:28 am »

Callum Morton joins Fleetwood on a season long loan.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2071 on: July 27, 2021, 10:39:02 am »

I dunno, whenever I see him play I do think he does have the X factor. Last game of the season he came on for 10 minutes, and got us the free-kick that got us a goal which was more than his seasoned professionals around him have him done. He's definitely coasting on potential rather than ability right now, but I watch his confidence on the ball and his desire to go at players and think he's got something in there, particularly at his age. Obviously, where he is at the moment does mean that losing him is not like losing a key player, but I think if we kept him I'd back it to be his breakthrough year. Maybe the same with Pollock as well of course. That said, it's all academic, as it is an impossible task to keep him if Champions League teams are coming calling.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #2072 on: July 27, 2021, 10:52:33 am »

He is still young though and could go either way. With the right coaching, development, opportunities, dedication and luck, any talented young player can be unrecognisable in 5 years time.
Apart from the personal dedication (and potential opportunity) he probably won’t see it with us.
Remember Toney did nothing at Newcastle.

Not every player is an obvious superstar at 19/20 and there are plenty of established Championship players out of our league.
I hope we see some more of him.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 27, 2021, 10:57:44 am »

Have another try, we are not playing until tomorrow evening.
Oh Lord! Look what's 🚀 over your 🧔!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 27, 2021, 11:00:39 am »

The value of which is very very low.

Caleb is 20 in a couple of months and is yet to break into the first team. He remains the 5th choice striker of an average league two side. To date, he’s scored 1 in 22 league games over around 530 minutes and has one assist. 

To put it into perspective, Caleb is nearly two years older than Toney when he was scoring goals regularly at league 2 level. By the age of 20 Toney was well established and scoring regularly at league 1 level.

Caleb has a long way to go.
So either, he's past it...or still a long way to go?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 27, 2021, 11:08:50 am »

So either, he's past it...or still a long way to go?  Huh?

Maybe there’s a clue in the last line of the post  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #2076 on: July 27, 2021, 11:33:58 am »

I think some of the comments here have taken too much to heart that one of our youngsters doesn't want to be at the club. Some thoughts:

- Ivan Toney wasn't judged to be Championship level until aged 24. Caleb has 5 years until that age. Comparisons at age 18/19 are somewhat redundant as accurately judging the level of potential a player has, and what chance they have of reaching it is a very difficult skill which I doubt any of us on this site have.

- Caleb is at least 6'3, strong and quick, a good dribbler, technically strong, and is an aesthetically-pleasing forward. This is going to be ticking a lot of boxes for higher level clubs looking to take a low-value punt on a talented young player.

- A club like Spurs can afford to pay what would seem like a big sum to us (but would merely be a week's wages for one of their squad players) and give him time to play in their u23's squad. If in the off-chance Caleb has an unexpected rise to the first like Dele Alli then great, if more likely not then he probably stays in the u23's for 3 years until 22/23, and then is probably sold to recoup the initial fee paid, or perhaps more. Transfers like these to big clubs are like spread betting, the deals pose them very low risk and can net them a small continual flow of easy money (or perhaps better if things go well).

- I seem to be in the minority given the other comments but I think Caleb is already a really excellent player, and certainly not a "5th choice striker". As a forward he already has an excellent physique and great technical attributes aged just 19. Any in-game short comings can be corrected over time with coaching - and I'll add that I believe that JB and CC could address this themselves if Caleb does decide to sign.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:38:32 am by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2077 on: July 27, 2021, 11:59:05 am »

So Fleetwood now have 2 prolific strikers on loan that we previously had, Morton and Edmondson.

Why are people saying Chucks is our 5th choice striker I thought we only had 4 or have I missed a signing. Kabamba, Rose, Benny and Chucks surely  you are not rating our winger, midfielder, wingback Hoskins as an out and out striker.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2078 on: July 27, 2021, 13:04:26 pm »

So Fleetwood now have 2 prolific strikers on loan that we previously had, Morton and Edmondson.

Why are people saying Chucks is our 5th choice striker I thought we only had 4 or have I missed a signing. Kabamba, Rose, Benny and Chucks surely  you are not rating our winger, midfielder, wingback Hoskins as an out and out striker.
Just the one i think
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 13:06:59 pm by Clarity » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 27, 2021, 13:10:06 pm »

BAS isn’t even a footballer.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: