The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:24:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 203822 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2300 on: August 03, 2021, 07:56:32 am »

Feel a little bit sorry for Brady, from what I’m hearing it’s one of the lowest budgets we’ve had in this division for some time.
Still looking forward to the first game.

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2301 on: August 03, 2021, 08:13:36 am »

It's a bit of a tough one to call. We haven't signed anyone that makes people sit up and take notice, a la the Gabbiadini/Forrester era, but a couple of marquee signings don't bring you success, which is more likely to come from a carefully assembled squad that complement each other. I'm quietly confident that Brady and Co have done a decent job on that front.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating though, and we should have a better idea about that come Saturday evening. At the very least I think we've got a side that can give anyone else in this league a good run for their money and play some exciting, attacking football in doing so. If we can get a measure of consistency while doing that then I think a tilt at the playoffs could be on the cards.

Either way, bring it on!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2995

« Reply #2302 on: August 03, 2021, 08:21:11 am »

it’s good to see some sensible expectation on here with talk of building for the future and playing attractive football .
Hopefully people remember that come Christmas if we are mid table .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #2303 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:40 am »

Everybody keeps going on about us signing Marquis again. This obsession with signing ex-players is unhealthy, virgin blood isn't for vampires alone.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2304 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:03 am »

Everybody keeps going on about us signing Marquis again. This obsession with signing ex-players is unhealthy, virgin blood isn't for vampires alone.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2305 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:32 am »

A bit tenuous
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2306 on: August 03, 2021, 08:39:47 am »

It's a bit of a tough one to call. We haven't signed anyone that makes people sit up and take notice, a la the Gabbiadini/Forrester era

But who has though? I see a few shrewd signings here or there but no marquee signings at the level of a Gabbiadini. Unless you’ve got a chairman splashing some cash thinking he’s getting a big payout down the line I think that level of signing is a bit of a blast from the past.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #2307 on: August 03, 2021, 08:44:01 am »

Budget doesn’t necessarily correlate with league position, otherwise the table would be decided at the start of the season.
We’ve made a big thing of our strong management team and support structure (on paper), so no reason why we have anything to fear in the bottom tier.
Not saying we should run away with the title but a bit early to be making any excuses up front.
I’m sure Brady wouldn’t have taken the job, especially after asking for certain assurances. I doubt the bar is set as low as purely maintaining our league status.
There could be a comparison of what we have spent on our back room team compared to squad verses other clubs but we’ll never know that.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #2308 on: August 03, 2021, 09:43:04 am »

I think a top 10 finish with a more expansive style and some decent development of our young players (McWilliams, Pollock, Horsfall) would represent good progress after several years of sterile Curle-ball. Top 7 would be slightly above expectations and top 3 would be a truly excellent achievement.

I agree with Boot and Shoe: this looks like a balanced squad with cover and competition in key areas and the recruitment of the kind of wide players which we lacked under Curle.

Kion Etete looks like a good prospect. It will be interesting to see who emerges as our first choice front two and how the dynamics work. Despite his 6'6 frame, I think he'll prove to be more of a skilful-receive-the-ball and lay-it-off/run in behind type striker rather than an old-school Oliver-style battering ram targetman.

I think Brady will expect the front two to be quite mobile, quick and fluid. When this clicks  (c.f. the Birmingham friendly) we will be good to watch. However, this style is very much dependent on creative input from the midfield and I think it will take time for the likes of Flores and Pinnock to build an understanding with the front two.

We will need to be patient but I'm quietly confident that at the very least we will be more entertained than we have been for a few years.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2309 on: August 03, 2021, 09:48:48 am »

I think a top 10 finish with a more expansive style and some decent development of our young players (McWilliams, Pollock, Horsfall) would represent good progress after several years of sterile Curle-ball. Top 7 would be slightly above expectations and top 3 would be a truly excellent achievement.

I agree with Boot and Shoe: this looks like a balanced squad with cover and competition in key areas and the recruitment of the kind of wide players which we lacked under Curle.

Kion Etete looks like a good prospect. It will be interesting to see who emerges as our first choice front two and how the dynamics work. Despite his 6'6 frame, I think he'll prove to be more of a skilful-receive-the-ball and lay-it-off/run in behind type striker rather than an old-school Oliver-style battering ram targetman.

I think Brady will expect the front two to be quite mobile, quick and fluid. When this clicks  (c.f. the Birmingham friendly) we will be good to watch. However, this style is very much dependent on creative input from the midfield and I think it will take time for the likes of Flores and Pinnock to build an understanding with the front two.

We will need to be patient but I'm quietly confident that at the very least we will be more entertained than we have been for a few years.

Winning is the elixir of entertainment  at least for us
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #2310 on: August 03, 2021, 09:53:26 am »

good post and i agree with all that you say here .
I think Kabamba will start as the first choice front player and we will play 3 central midfield players in a 4 3 2 1 formation .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 03, 2021, 11:07:58 am »

good post and i agree with all that you say here .
I think Kabamba will start as the first choice front player and we will play 3 central midfield players in a 4 3 2 1 formation .
I thought Brady was a 4-4-2 man with two strikers?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #2312 on: August 03, 2021, 13:20:42 pm »

You're right, he is.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2313 on: August 03, 2021, 14:07:16 pm »

We will see .
We haven’t played a game that means anything this season with his choice of players .
4 at the back , yes but it depends on the opposition i would say .
Report Spam   Logged
LovelyMilkyMilky

View Profile
Topic Starter Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #2314 on: August 03, 2021, 15:23:32 pm »

In fairness to Boot and shoe this is a transfer rumours thread and he has supplied rumours and also some correct information.

If we stop everyone from giving information, right or wrong, there will be no point having a forum at all.

Keep going B&S, ntfclad, even Shoemaker  Evil

No problems with rumours or pure speculation. They are welcome.

Fair play to NTFC Lad, a genuinely reliable source. Shoey is just doing his thing, but never pretends to be informed / something he isn’t.

But this other dude? And he called me a warrior when all I’ve done is try to help him. If you had a bogey hanging from your nose, would you rather somebody told you so that you gained some self awareness and knew what everyone else sees,  or would you rather they said nothing and left it hanging there making you look silly?
Report Spam   Logged
LovelyMilkyMilky

View Profile
Topic Starter Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #2315 on: August 03, 2021, 15:34:34 pm »

Feel a little bit sorry for Brady, from what I’m hearing it’s one of the lowest budgets we’ve had in this division for some time.
Still looking forward to the first game.

UTC.

Where did you hear that? A reliable source?

I think the general discourse on here tells you that we are all pretty unsure about this team. Lots of unproven players, lot of talk of potential, a bit of pre-season optimism.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2316 on: August 03, 2021, 15:49:08 pm »

I think it’ll give me a further insight into the standard of the SPL compared to the 4th Division
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 03, 2021, 17:03:01 pm »

Where did you hear that? A reliable source?

I think the general discourse on here tells you that we are all pretty unsure about this team. Lots of unproven players, lot of talk of potential, a bit of pre-season optimism.
A reliable source, but that was compared to others seasons Cobblers budgets not the rest of the league.
Salford are trying to spend their way out.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #2318 on: August 03, 2021, 20:41:13 pm »

No problems with rumours or pure speculation. They are welcome.

Fair play to NTFC Lad, a genuinely reliable source. Shoey is just doing his thing, but never pretends to be informed / something he isn’t.

But this other dude? And he called me a warrior when all I’ve done is try to help him. If you had a bogey hanging from your nose, would you rather somebody told you so that you gained some self awareness and knew what everyone else sees,  or would you rather they said nothing and left it hanging there making you look silly?
for the second time , i’m not a dude .
I would be interested to learn what part of the American ghetto you are from though and what street gangster life is like .
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2319 on: August 04, 2021, 11:46:15 am »

It seems that Mark Marshall is on trial at Crawley.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: