The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:33:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.  (Read 9507 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2021, 08:28:25 am »

You attended a forum with NBC a couple of years ago but NO board meetings for nearly 5 years, and that is according to the secretary. No one has claimed that there as been a presence from the Trust board on here.
    Why not exclude a few more groups from the meeting and, eventually, you could get it down to "poorly attended" I sat in the foyer because there was no room in the main room. 
Again you are having a dig and using things from YEARS AGO to back it up
     You acknowledge that the only way forward is if all the fans are together ,yet you take EVERY opportunity to discourage people from joining the only fan group we have by bringing up perceived faults from years ago. 
     We could get a new democratic fans group, which everyone joins, instead of the Trust but it would only be copying something which already exists so why not encourage people to join the existing group and re mould it to what the majority wants to do ?

Roger... I also attended another meeting not a million miles from that date. I sat right behind John, and spoke a few times, all friendly exchanges. I was opposite Kev, Drilling to my right. But that is irrelevant. And a distraction from my point.

As for my information on the Trust being from years ago, let’s put that to the test. Name one thing that has changed in the Trust boards perspective since I was on the board? At that time they were all for fan ownership. In fact it was muted back when Ant Collett was chair. So being as that is the only issue I have, what’s your point??

As for me “acknowledging that the only way forward is if all the fans are together”. Damn right I do Roger. Yet not one single Trust member has been offered the chance to vote. If you are assuming that “all the fans together” means agreeing with the Trust board, then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. That absolutely can and will happen, if a more inclusive, and informative model gets implemented.

I’d love a world where we all hold hands and skip to Sixfields, then oust the meanies who run the club. But unlike some, I am realistic about the shape of modern football and modern business. The Trust needs a presence on all forums, they need to be media savvy and in the limelight. Whether you take that as a criticism or not, I am only stating the obvious. No amount of meetings held in a poorly lit working men’s clubs, will attract new blood. Nobody wants the wheel tappers and shunters club anymore. They want a vibrant, media savvy, fast turning supporters group, with a modern colourful website, updated regularly, that is in constant touch with its supporters. If that’s the sort of language that you think destroys the Trust, then I’m sorry. Maybe you're right, it’s my fault that the Trust has failed to increase its membership for goodness knows how many years now 🙄🙄🙄

Just try to see what I am saying mate. It is a few quick fixes. The Trust board is not the Trust. The Trust should be an organic representation of the supporters. For that to happen, the board has to wake up and engage with it members and the wider support base.

If that’s anti Trust, I don’t know what to say.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: