The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:18:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.  (Read 9515 times)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 18:45:20 pm »

There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to invest in or buy the football club, so surely if you get your wish and Kelvin Thomas goes then the football club would be liquidated and be no more?

Or are you, Shoemender and SadOldGit getting together and buying the football club and knocking down and rebuilding the stand and building the hotel blah blah blah?
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 19:06:37 pm »

There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to invest in or buy the football club, so surely if you get your wish and Kelvin Thomas goes then the football club would be liquidated and be no more?

Or are you, Shoemender and SadOldGit getting together and buying the football club and knocking down and rebuilding the stand and building the hotel blah blah blah?
Obviously yes, as that's exactly what I've suggested. What's your suggestion?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2021, 19:10:17 pm »

PS; Blah blah blah.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2021, 19:21:47 pm »

Kelvin.thomas@ntfc.co.uk
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2021, 19:26:37 pm »

It’s not embarrassing at all. I am entitled to see their efforts as a shortcoming, as much as I do the owners.

We've had years of good intentions and **** footing around. Where as it got us. The Trust has spent years identifying the issues, very adequately. But to what effect? Do you honestly think the origins of the Trust would have put up with this?

“Snide dig at the Trust”. You’re taking the pi$$. It is totally the opposite. I want our Trust back. I want to see a spine against this shyte.
I've said all along that for the fans to have any say we need to be together. Like it or not ,the Trust are the only democratic supporters group at NTFC, yet you take every opportunity to put our fans off joining the Trust, thus leaving the fans without a strong voice.
     If the Trust had 5,000 members KT/DB & JW would have to take a lot more notice of fans thoughts, I know that , you know that and KT certainly knows that. You say "I want our Trust back" but you must see that every time you post, knocking the Trust, it could put people off joining and giving us that strong fans voice ?
     If "I want our Trust back" means you want a strong Trust stop the digs and encourage people to join, that's the way to get "Our strong Trust" back not by continual unfounded digs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2021, 19:31:29 pm »

i think there is no doubt it is time for Thomas to go but there is no one ready to step in .
The club is being run on a shoestring and it appears he hasn’t got a hold on it at all .
The East Stand scenario is nothing short of a calamity and patience has run out .
There is no plan for anything and it is clear we are going nowhere right now .
Quite honestly i have had enough of his bluffing and stalling .
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 19:43:17 pm »

Anyway. Nearly 2 hours since my admittedly probably naive but definitely from the heart suggestion and the apathy is deafening, especially considering this forum is representative of NTFCs' fan base.
Anyone else apart from me and hamster prepared to put their money where their mouths are because with KT we're going nowhere fast and don't seem to have any alternatives. What has KT got to say as I'm sure he or his minions read this.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2021, 19:45:25 pm »

I don't see why KT can't feck off immediately, he ain't the owner he is a lacky and a s***e one at that.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2021, 20:12:48 pm »

We should rally behind the Trust, the one true voice of the fans.
We need to know what’s going on with our club?
GPC what are your thoughts? we need to get the media on board and on our side, Thomas’s time is up we need to make our voice heard, especially to the new council.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2021, 20:18:15 pm »

I've said all along that for the fans to have any say we need to be together. Like it or not ,the Trust are the only democratic supporters group at NTFC, yet you take every opportunity to put our fans off joining the Trust, thus leaving the fans without a strong voice.
     If the Trust had 5,000 members KT/DB & JW would have to take a lot more notice of fans thoughts, I know that , you know that and KT certainly knows that. You say "I want our Trust back" but you must see that every time you post, knocking the Trust, it could put people off joining and giving us that strong fans voice ?
     If "I want our Trust back" means you want a strong Trust stop the digs and encourage people to join, that's the way to get "Our strong Trust" back not by continual unfounded digs.

So it my fault that the membership has dwindle and gone into a state of malaise? Get real mate.

You know as well as I do Roger that I made suggestion after suggestion when both on the board and as a non board member. The top table insisted on accruing information after information, through either hearsay or a series of FOI requests. Once it had that information it would trot out a succession of meetings to mull over it, with no concrete proposal or action points. The truth is, they never knew what to do with anything they had.

I have total respect for the Trust and those that work hard in the direction they do. But I will not accept that it has been anything more than a think tank and paper tiger since the day Tony Clarke jumped ship and joined DC. I have never shied away from presenting my point in person, as well as on here. Yet rather than the Trust board accepting any criticism, certain members have embarked on a relentless campaign, to suggest that anyone who does not agree with the Trusts standing, must be by default in the DB and KT camp. That narrative, is what serves to alienate new members and dissolve any chance of an inclusive atmosphere. It is not a black and white issue for most. They need swaying and definitely need to see that the Trust board are prepared to get out there and win them over. They won't do that from KPWMC.

I stand by what I have said from day one. The Trust has to come out into the open and try to engage the main body of the support, and in particular its own members. If they believe so strongly, along with others on here, have the conviction to come off the forums, out of the shadows, and stand in front of Sixfields making a point. Certainly the founders of the Trust would of done. This one example where the pen is most definitely subordinate to the sword.

In short. EITHER SH*T. OR GET OFF THE POT

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 20:26:04 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2021, 20:24:48 pm »

Like it or not there are 2 parts to this debate (I use the term loosely). The first surrounds KT/DB and the club’s performance during their tenure and its prospects moving forward?

As I have said many times, they have put in as much finance as any investor could reasonably expected to have done for a club at our level over their period of ownership. By the end of this season that will be circa 8 million? However, the fact remains that the club has stood still and has not moved forward either off, and certainly not on the pitch. Therefore the assessment has to be that they have ultimately failed in this venture to date?

Secondly they are clearly not the future of the club or the ideal owners? As they have themselves said, they fully intend to move on at some point and as they are not supporters of the club, therefore their motives will always be geared elsewhere when it comes to the crunch, and are not the long term answer. This doesn’t make them bad people or owners, just not ideal?

As touched on by others the next part of this debate is who or what comes next? Often on here you will see calls for a managers head with no real foresight as to any alternative and criteria attached to that suggestion? How has that worked out? Be under no illusion, whilst KT/DB are far from perfect things could be far far worse? There are plenty of potential owners out there generally who would love the opportunity to take over a league club but have neither the resources or expertise to take the club forward or even worse, allow it to tread water? A fair percentage of the dross out there would almost certainly drive it into oblivion?

So whilst the tenure of KT/DB could not be described as a success, the very fact that the club is still a league club should not be dismissed as irrelevant, because it’s a long way from that? What everyone needs to understand and accept is that there is a very real chance that the next owners take the club into oblivion?  Is that a reason not to instigate change, you can argue it isn’t but don’t assume it will be a positive experience? It could very well be the beginning of the future, but chances are it may be the beginning of the end?

Whatever side of the fence you sit on in this debate is pretty irrelevant because one day in the future (possibly near) KT and DB will move on. Instead of kicking lumps out of each other, perhaps it would be an idea for the support base to decide what we want the future of the club to look like and actually do something constructive about it? All I see so far with far too few exceptions is a bunch of total w@nkers far to keen to spend hours on a keyboard playing oneupmanship whilst Sixfields burns and do fcuk all else (and before you start I’ll put myself firmly at the forefront of that group).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 20:29:20 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2021, 20:25:29 pm »

Manwork04, im not defending KT at all, but , if you're putting the Fans /Trust  forward as new owners of NTFC then you will lose the backing of a lot of the fan base.  Personally don't want either anywhere near the running of the Club.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2021, 20:25:34 pm »

What has KT got to say as I'm sure he or his minions read this.

Nothing, because there's a social media boycott  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2021, 20:27:49 pm »

Like it or not there are 2 parts to this debate (I use the term loosely). The first surrounds KT/DB and the club’s performance during their tenure and its prospects moving forward?

As I have said many times, they have put in as much finance as any investor could reasonably expected to have done for a club at our level over their period of ownership. By the end of this season that will be circa 8 million? However, the fact remains that the club has stood still and has not moved forward either off, and certainly not on the pitch. Therefore the assessment has to be that they have ultimately failed in this venture to date?

Secondly they are clearly not the future of the club or the ideal owners? As they have themselves said, they fully intend to move on at some point and as they are not supporters of the club, therefore their motives will always be geared elsewhere when it comes to the crunch, and are not the long term answer. This doesn’t make them bad people or owners, just not ideal?

As touched on by others the next part of this debate is who or what comes next? Often on here you will see calls for a managers head with no real foresight as to any alternative and criteria attached to that suggestion? How has that worked out? Be under no illusion, whilst KT/DB are far from perfect things could be far far worse? There are plenty of potential owners out there generally who would love the opportunity to take over a league club but have neither the resources or expertise to take the club forward or even worse, allow it to tread water? A fair percentage of the dross out there would almost certainly drive it into oblivion?

So whilst the tenure of KT/DB could not be described as a success, the very fact that the club is still a league club should not be dismissed as irrelevant, because it’s a long way from that? What everyone needs to understand and accept is that there is a very real chance that the next owners take the club into oblivion?  Is that a reason not to instigate change, you can argue it isn’t but don’t assume it will be a positive experience? It could very well be the beginning of the future, but chances are it may be the beginning of the end?

Whatever side of the fence you sit on in this debate is pretty irrelevant because one day in the future (possibly near) KT and DB will move on. Instead of kicking lumps out of each other, perhaps it would be an idea for the support base to decide what we want the future of the club to look like and actually do something constructive about it? All I see so far with far too few exceptions is a bunch of total w@nkers far to keen to spend hours on a keyboard playing oneupmanship whilst Sixfields burns and to fcuk all else (and before you start I’ll put myself firmly at the forefront of that group).

Fantastic post, as always Melbourne
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2021, 20:45:56 pm »

Fantastic post, as always Melbourne
Maybe, but still no alternative suggestions apart from the the fact that we're all a load of wánkers.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2021, 20:48:15 pm »

Nothing, because there's a social media boycott  Tongue

Bet they're still reading it though. I'll wait 4 days to see what they've got to say about their intentions.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2021, 20:49:39 pm »

Manwork04, im not defending KT at all, but , if you're putting the Fans /Trust  forward as new owners of NTFC then you will lose the backing of a lot of the fan base.  Personally don't want either anywhere near the running of the Club.
Not at all mate, but they are the recognised voice of the supporters, they have the gravitas with the media.
We as a support base need to ask questions of the owners and if necessary let the council know what we feel as well.
Don’t under estimate the effect this could have.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 20:52:29 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2021, 20:51:32 pm »

We should rally behind the Trust, the one true voice of the fans.
We need to know what’s going on with our club?
GPC what are your thoughts? we need to get the media on board and on our side, Thomas’s time is up we need to make our voice heard, especially to the new council.

If that's the case we're fúcked.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2021, 20:53:07 pm »

If that's the case we're fúcked.
Only we can make it better.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid