The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:54:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.  (Read 9500 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2021, 21:33:31 pm »

I posted on here a few weeks ago asking what people don't like about the Trust but got no answers. So I'll make it personal, TCobb says "Personally don't want either anywhere near the running of the Club"  and Singcobb says in answer to Manwork saying we should back the Trust  "If that's the case we're fúcked"
     I accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion, so can I politely ask what are the reasons for you to hold such views ?

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2021, 22:09:08 pm »

Are people forgetting that DC received unquestioned support by the majority, virtually to the bitter end. I can remember the abuse I received handing out the ‘We Want Answers’ leaflets and numerous comments about what a fantastic chairman he was.
There is zero chance of getting the masses to believe that KT is anything other than our saviour and throughly nice chap.
Any efforts needs to be concentrated on the council, although I don’t see a happy ending for KT.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2021, 22:31:13 pm »

Are people forgetting that DC received unquestioned support by the majority, virtually to the bitter end. I can remember the abuse I received handing out the ‘We Want Answers’ leaflets and numerous comments about what a fantastic chairman he was.
There is zero chance of getting the masses to believe that KT is anything other than our saviour and throughly nice chap.
Any efforts needs to be concentrated on the council, although I don’t see a happy ending for KT.

Apathy reigns!!

Pressure on the council? For what? To get them to hand over a load of land to KT so that they can sell it off for redevelopment and from the proceeds we'll get a few quid to put some boxes in the stand and put cladding on the back?
Oh, we might get a car park on the East stand side too........

The Council have been consistent for the past few years, and the new WNC are continuing in the same vein. The Chairman must deliver on the completion of the stand BEFORE any land deals are signed off.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2021, 23:26:06 pm »

There doesn't seem to be anyone willing to invest in or buy the football club, so surely if you get your wish and Kelvin Thomas goes then the football club would be liquidated and be no more?

Or are you, Shoemender and SadOldGit getting together and buying the football club and knocking down and rebuilding the stand and building the hotel blah blah blah?

Dead right St Edmund  - all this hate and abuse will get us nowhere and we may end up on the Racecourse! It’s the curse of the Bottomfeeders as Terry eloquently( Cheesy) puts it!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2021, 23:30:27 pm »

Right, I'll put my money where my mouth is. How many regular supporters and season ticket holders do we have? Maybe around 4000. If all these supporters could pledge £1000 towards buying the club/ousting KT, then there's £4000,000 and that's just a start and I'm sure a few of our supporters could afford a lot more than this and once the interest was generated then maybe other outside interest might start taking notice and we could get some way towards getting genuine fan ownership. I know this will be ridiculed and poo pooed by certain elements and it may be pretty naive but without a Russian oligarch or Arab Sheik, what alternatives are there. I'll be the first to pledge my £1000 even though I'm by no means wealthy and without enough interest it's not being thrown into a pointless folly. It needs organising and publicising and unfortunately I'm not the man to do it. Over to the trust, what do you think?
I'm in
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2021, 23:58:22 pm »

Dead right St Edmund  - all this hate and abuse will get us nowhere and we may end up on the Racecourse! It’s the curse of the Bottomfeeders as Terry eloquently( Cheesy) puts it!

Thanks for your input...as usual! Big on name calling, short on substance.

Do you really think KT will walk away? What if he does? The vast majority of money invested (loaned to) in our club is not even his.

£6-£7m down, sitting on land leases worth upwards of £20m......and you think he'll liquidate the club??
Report Spam   Logged

Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2021, 01:30:03 am »

If he was to go (and I'm say I'm one who's nailed his flag to that mast) who is going to coming in for us? Where's the money coming from? 
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2021, 02:17:53 am »

Maybe, but still no alternative suggestions apart from the the fact that we're all a load of wánkers.

If it helps your post was right up there with the most constructive. I’m in for a grand, possibly more? Not suggesting I’m totally convinced it is the right solution, but if it’s the only offer on the table so be it?

As a member of the trust all I have ever asked is engage with the membership? I have known Andy Robert’s since we were little kids. I don’t know him well, but he has always come across as a thoroughly decent bloke who would only act with the best of intentions.

However, that’s not enough? Right now what this club needs is the support base to be galvanised into some sort of unified voice with a clear direction on where we want the club to go? That is going to be a considerable challenge and far from easy. But if we want to instigate change and want the future to be different it’s a challenge that has to be overcome otherwise it will probably be more of the same, and that’s at best?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:27:44 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 04:16:44 am »

What is the alternative to KT?

The usual suspects repetitively pontificate their opinion but not one has come up with a viable future plan from behind their keyboards.

Obviously KT has tested the patience of the loyal support of Cobblers fans.
Now is the time to stop 'talking the talk and START walking the walk'!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2021, 04:52:23 am »

What is the alternative to KT?

Didn’t you know there’s an orderly queue for ownership of 25 defunct ex league one players. Because that’s all you really get for your money.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2021, 07:12:40 am »

Could this club survive or thrive as a league club on an ongoing break even/ surplus income basis? It would have to if the Trust somehow got control if there was no one with deeper pockets to stump up occasionally. I honestly don’t think the bulk of support would be happy with a position that the trust owns the club and is running at a break even position but in National league south.

What does bother me is the rate of debt being racked up in the five and a half years of their stewardship. I’m assuming a chunk is part of the 5USport time which still is a mystery to me in how they brought in and were then brought out?

Anyhow something has to give. KT should have spent the money early doors on the stand and a few decent players then cashed out quick with a better product on offer to the market rather than this war of attrition waiting for something to give.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3086

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2021, 08:20:34 am »

Due to the investment (debt!) the current pair have in this project there is no way they are just going to write it off unless they flounder. The councils, old and new, cannot be seen to cock it up for a third time so they are likely to remain uncommitted. The 'club for a pound' deal was made on an understanding the stand be completed and I would be amazed if they backed down from this position. If 4k fans put in a grand each (count me in) the only way they would ever actually get ownership is when the club is once again at death's door. I think this moment will arrive when this debacle is played out but it could be a while away yet.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2021, 08:31:33 am »

Apathy reigns!!

Pressure on the council? For what? To get them to hand over a load of land to KT so that they can sell it off for redevelopment and from the proceeds we'll get a few quid to put some boxes in the stand and put cladding on the back?

The Council have been consistent for the past few years, and the new WNC are continuing in the same vein. The Chairman must deliver on the completion of the stand BEFORE any land deals are signed off.

To sort the lease.
Do you think KT is going to walk away, or that anyone would buy us until it is sorted?
They are clearly not going to shell out to finish the ground until something is in place.
If they weren’t £8m in (whatever the figure is) I’m sure they would have jacked by now.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2021, 08:34:12 am »

Apathy reigns!!

We should make it clear that the fans have had enough of KTs stalling and are fully behind the council’s demands that he completes the east stand ( to a decent standard)  BEFORE the land deal.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2021, 08:56:28 am »

To sort the lease.
Do you think KT is going to walk away, or that anyone would buy us until it is sorted?
They are clearly not going to shell out to finish the ground until something is in place.
If they weren’t £8m in (whatever the figure is) I’m sure they would have jacked by now.

But the leases are sorted, they have been for ages! KT/DB now want to buy the freehold of the land and sell it off in parcels for development....the second subsidiary lease which covers the athletics track would remain in situ.
What mechanism is there for any of the proceeds to filter their way back to the club, other than to pay off the mountain of debt accrued over the past five years?

Buy the land for X, sell it in bits for X+Y, and walk away with a profit....that seems to be what’s on offer.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2021, 08:59:39 am »

Count me in on the grand as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2021, 09:13:06 am »

I deliberately didn't open this thread when it appeared yesterday because I suspected it would be people from both sides of a barely coherent debate having a hissy fit in the immediate wake of our relegation that would  inevitably descend into finger pointing and name calling. To be honest, that was the last thing I wanted to read yesterday. Looking at it now though, lo and behold...

Come on guys, pull yourselves together. We got relegated, we'll play another 46 league matches and a handful of cup matches next year, just at a lower level. Throwing your toys out of the pram and taking lumps out of each other won't change that and just looks embarrassing; any Peterborough fans coming along for a good gloat would be pìssing themselves reading this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2021, 09:18:24 am »

I deliberately didn't open this thread when it appeared yesterday because I suspected it would be people from both sides of a barely coherent debate having a hissy fit in the immediate wake of our relegation that would  inevitably descend into finger pointing and name calling. To be honest, that was the last thing I wanted to read yesterday. Looking at it now though, lo and behold...

Come on guys, pull yourselves together. We got relegated, we'll play another 46 league matches and a handful of cup matches next year, just at a lower level. Throwing your toys out of the pram and taking lumps out of each other won't change that and just looks embarrassing; any Peterborough fans coming along for a good gloat would be pìssing themselves reading this thread.
I couldn’t disagree more, there are a couple of people trying to deflect but the majority are united, we need to put pressure on the owners to tell us what there plans are for our club.
As for boro fans, I think they should be happy they have a chairman who has their interests at heart.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2021, 09:18:43 am »

Yes and with some sort of alternative, maybe along the lines of what I've suggested. Where do our new West Northants council stand on the Cobblers/ Thomas situation? As for giving opinions on all things regarding our club, it"s what a forum's for.

4000 members each contributing £1000 talk about pie in the sky figures!  
£1000 each are you serious  Grin Grin Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2021, 09:20:42 am »

4000 members each contributing £1000 talk about pie in the sky figures!  
£1000 each are you serious  Grin Grin Roll Eyes
Why not Wimbledon did it?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: