The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:23:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS TIME TO GO.  (Read 9516 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2021, 07:15:08 am »

To be honest if the Trust wanted me to sort this out for them I could with my IT boffs. To set up a monthly email to all members and a facility to respond would cost about $900 AUD as a one off fee, so about £450. It needs a bit of management at the backend monthly which someone at the Trust could be trained to do and this whole communication issue could be sorted? It’s really not difficult, let me know GPC/Drilling and I’ll co-ordinate the whole thing?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:17:56 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2021, 08:03:42 am »

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/public-vote-backs-football-reform

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/infrastructure-the-conversations-big-talking-point

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HFYNDHJ
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2021, 08:29:29 am »

All very interesting.

And then what will happen?
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2021, 08:41:30 am »

The Trust will not engage with this forum, even though it has a sizeable membership. The Hotel End website was mentioned at most board meetings and was considered as anti Trust. I would argue, that it has been hugely supportive of the Trust, allowing it free access to publicity, actually pinning its topics at the top of the page for as long back as I can recall. However, some on here, and it is representative of the support base, do exercise their right to question certain aspects of the Trusts direction. By no means is that an attack on the individual members of the board. But has been seen as so, due to certain sensitivities within that committee.

The Trust has limped along for some time now. Whilst it has a group of genuinely well intended people, the lions share of any activity is confined to just a few people. That is not necessarily by design, it more down to the fact that a lot of the committee are not all that motivated. Those that do put in the main share of work have become very protective of their stance. IMO this has lead to a narrowing of the arteries, of what was once a very dynamic group.

For me there were critical points, where the Trust could have shown its teeth, leading to an increase in respect from the supporters. But it went on to be almost an investigative think tank, trying desperately to accrue information from various sources, only to then meet over and over again to mull over what to do with it. It has lost all spontaneity. At one point it knocked out fantastic sound bites in keeping with the general thoughts of the support, turning on a sixpence. It reflected the ups and downs of fans. Now, it has the turning circle of an ocean liner, expecting supporters to wait for weeks, sometimes months, for another stilted Trust statement to be released. Only for it to be another request for the meek to inherit the earth.

One of biggest nails in the coffin had to be the ill fated meeting at the Moat House, regarding fan ownership. What should have been a rallying call, turned out to be a dirge. Whilst the speakers were nice people, the whole thing was a series grey and vanilla speeches, plus the (not to mention) leaflets. It was very poorly attended. But for those who were there, it offered no inspiration. It cried out for someone from the Trust to issue a call to arms. But instead it was never followed up and just frittered out like a two penny firework on a wet night.

The Trust has lost what supporters are about. We don’t respond to multiple page reports, or thought provoking speculation. We respond to charismatic, energetic individuals, who’s hearts are on their sleeves when it comes to our club. That is what our Trust was found on. For that model to survive as an integral part of the supporters psyche. It has to incorporate dynamism and passion. Without that, it will exist as it does, barely afloat and on life support.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2021, 08:49:54 am »

How about we draw a line under the past and put our best foot forward for the sake of the future of the club? I’m game and I reckon everyone else would be too. This forum and the Trust is chockablock full of decent people who care about the club? All that is needed is for people to put their personal feelings and agendas to one side and work for the collective decision? It cant be that hard surely. The tools are all available, whether you use the ones offered or elsewhere, they are inexpensive, quick and simple to use?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2021, 09:38:45 am »

To backtrack a bit, to earlier comments about attracting 4000 people to put forward £1000 for a takeover, how about looking towards a Trust led crowdfunding type exercise to secure land and build a training base?

Trust owned, rented to NTFC on a peppercorn basis, with grounds keeping and agreed levels of maintenance also the club's responsibilities?

The fans then have contributed an infrastructure upgrade, allowing for (hopefully) better players and performance levels, and the owners (hopefully) then concentrate on stadium matters.

I have no idea of the cost if I am honest, but wouldn't have thought that it would get anywhere near to 4 million?
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2021, 10:51:10 am »

How about we draw a line under the past and put our best foot forward for the sake of the future of the club? I’m game and I reckon everyone else would be too. This forum and the Trust is chockablock full of decent people who care about the club? All that is needed is for people to put their personal feelings and agendas to one side and work for the collective decision? It cant be that hard surely. The tools are all available, whether you use the ones offered or elsewhere, they are inexpensive, quick and simple to use?

Spot on Melly
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2021, 10:52:35 am »

To backtrack a bit, to earlier comments about attracting 4000 people to put forward £1000 for a takeover, how about looking towards a Trust led crowdfunding type exercise to secure land and build a training base?

Trust owned, rented to NTFC on a peppercorn basis, with grounds keeping and agreed levels of maintenance also the club's responsibilities?

The fans then have contributed an infrastructure upgrade, allowing for (hopefully) better players and performance levels, and the owners (hopefully) then concentrate on stadium matters.

I have no idea of the cost if I am honest, but wouldn't have thought that it would get anywhere near to 4 million?

Sound idea. And a constructive suggestion not just a personal dig or an impossible dream. That said, I’m guessing ground and facilities may well be in the millions!!?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2021, 10:57:51 am »

Excellent idea, we the fans need to come together. We all want the best for NTFC but we need a unified voice.
Let’s bury our differences and move forward.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2021, 11:04:37 am »

On the surface a brilliant idea, I think the problem however is that by the nature of the beast it is not inconceivable that the club and trust could fall out and this facility could become problematic.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2021, 11:27:27 am »

Excellent idea, we the fans need to come together. We all want the best for NTFC but we need a unified voice.
Let’s bury our differences and move forward.
Agree 100%
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2021, 13:32:27 pm »

If there was a clear tangible project that could be funded by fans, lets say something crazy like building a stand? I would put a grand in.

As mentioned there are a myriad of ways in which people can donate now. If there was an online totaliser and some impetus with such a clear target who knows how much we might find lurking behind claret sofas around the world?

We've been buggered around for long enough now, there will be some very red faces if we raise it ourselves.

All the news is about fan power. £4m is peanuts.

Dig deep boys.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2021, 13:56:54 pm »

I wonder what percentage of fans would currently prefer to follow a Phoenix club under fan/local ownership, and how low KT/DB will need to take us before that percentage becomes acceptable to the majority?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2021, 14:01:21 pm »

£4m is peanuts.
Best of luck with that crusade.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2021, 14:24:25 pm »

Here here.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2021, 14:25:06 pm »

Here here. But can I just say ........  Cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2021, 14:33:36 pm »

On the surface a brilliant idea, I think the problem however is that by the nature of the beast it is not inconceivable that the club and trust could fall out and this facility could become problematic.

For me, this is the problem! Kelvin does not want fan participation in the financial sense.....a fund raising scheme to purchase shares in the club for example is a complete non-starter. So its about how we raise funds and what are we actually raising them for?

A couple of weeks ago there was a scheme being talked about where we would provide safe standing at the North End of the ground......but what would happen if that were to draw fans out of the other areas (and thereby actually reducing revenue), would the chairman go for it? Would it be a standalone scheme with some sort of payment to the club?

Whatever is proposed, KT wants to be in control of it.....unless the aim is to actually raise enough money to buy him out.....and that will only happen if he wants to leave! Its been quite a few years since KT said he was open to offers for extra investment by outside parties.....yet nothing has come to fruition. Why is this? Why is nobody willing to buy into Kelvins plans?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2021, 14:49:46 pm »

For me, this is the problem! Kelvin does not want fan participation in the financial sense.....a fund raising scheme to purchase shares in the club for example is a complete non-starter. So its about how we raise funds and what are we actually raising them for?

A couple of weeks ago there was a scheme being talked about where we would provide safe standing at the North End of the ground......but what would happen if that were to draw fans out of the other areas (and thereby actually reducing revenue), would the chairman go for it? Would it be a standalone scheme with some sort of payment to the club?

Whatever is proposed, KT wants to be in control of it.....unless the aim is to actually raise enough money to buy him out.....and that will only happen if he wants to leave! Its been quite a few years since KT said he was open to offers for extra investment by outside parties.....yet nothing has come to fruition. Why is this? Why is nobody willing to buy into Kelvins plans?

One big problem about owning shares is that if other shareholders stump up a cash injection to keep the club running you have to match the amount based on the percentage of your shareholding, if you don't your shareholding can be diluted by the majority shareholders.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2021, 15:03:10 pm »

One big problem about owning shares is that if other shareholders stump up a cash injection to keep the club running you have to match the amount based on the percentage of your shareholding, if you don't your shareholding can be diluted by the majority shareholders.

And I guess this is what happened, the Trust still own the same number of £1 Ordinary shares in the club that they have done for years yet their percentage holding of the club has dropped from near 20% (if I remember rightly) to less than 3%, whilst Fantastical, Northampton Town Ventures, Belle-de-Jour and any other made up company you can name hold the lions share.....

Simple maths.....if the owners are £6-£7m in, and control 85% of the overall shareholding, then its going to take over £4m to become majority shareholders...... didn't the Chinese pay over £4m for 60%?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 15:14:27 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2021, 15:08:35 pm »

Would it be a standalone scheme with some sort of payment to the club?

That went well the last time !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: