The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 14:03:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Simon Tracey & Dan Watson

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Tracey & Dan Watson  (Read 5275 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« on: May 01, 2021, 18:10:28 pm »

So rather than aligning their contracts to the then managers one (ie if he leaves/gets sacked so do they), we're stuck with head of recruitment Simon Tracey & goalkeeping coach Dan Watson for another season!

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/july/back_room_staff/

Surely, whoever becomes the permanent manager, will want to bring his own backroom team in...

The club really don't do themselves any favours  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 18:12:16 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 18:41:13 pm »

So rather than aligning their contracts to the then managers one (ie if he leaves/gets sacked so do they), we're stuck with head of recruitment Simon Tracey & goalkeeping coach Dan Watson for another season!

Surely, whoever becomes the permanent manager, will want to bring his own backroom team in...

I don’t get it? If a new manager wants to bring in his own people we can let the current staff go and pay them off, I’m not sure how having something in place where when the manager goes they go to helps? they would still have to be paid off. Am I missing something?.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 18:48:22 pm »

I don’t get it? If a new manager wants to bring in his own people we can let the current staff go and pay them off, I’m not sure how having something in place where when the manager goes they go to helps? they would still have to be paid off. Am I missing something?.

No, many clubs put clauses in, to prevent pay offs if manager failings...I know Peterborough do & they ain't doing too bad!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 18:55:28 pm »

I think the crux is - and we will never categorically know the answer to this despite us all being pretty much certain - what sort of budget were Tracey and KC having to play with in terms of recruitment? By the looks of it we were shopping at Aldi rather than Waitrose and it then comes down to making the most with what you’ve got and getting lucky with some punts. In my opinion the measure of how good a manager/head coach is in whether or not he is able to get the most out of his squad and by this token both KC and JB failed. Make no mistake, if KT goes with Brady the major reason will be that it is the cheap option.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 18:55:51 pm »

i would like to hear what Simon Tracey has to say about things .
He is getting a lot of attention and rightly so but i wonder what brief he was working to and who we were not prepared to pay for .
I think the real finger needs pointing at the board .
We simply have not prepared for division 1 and i think the club has been kicked into the long grass by the owners .
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 19:07:54 pm »

I think the crux is - and we will never categorically know the answer to this despite us all being pretty much certain - what sort of budget were Tracey and KC having to play with in terms of recruitment? By the looks of it we were shopping at Aldi rather than Waitrose and it then comes down to making the most with what you’ve got and getting lucky with some punts. In my opinion the measure of how good a manager/head coach is in whether or not he is able to get the most out of his squad and by this token both KC and JB failed. Make no mistake, if KT goes with Brady the major reason will be that it is the cheap option.

I’m still not convinced by the budget argument, just because the players we signed have been awful people assume the budget isn’t competitive to staying in the league. I still feel our budget and you can add Swindon & Bristol Rovers (bottom 2 teams) to that too are higher than Accrington, Rochdale, Wimbledon & Crewe, or at worst only minimal difference that any manager had a reasonable chance to stay up.
Let’s not forget when KC got Miller and Edmondson on loan he said how delighted he was at picking up 2 of his main targets.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 19:10:30 pm »

Jesus, I can only wish we were shopping at Aldi. This lot came from a bowl in the market square.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 19:10:37 pm »

i would like to hear what Simon Tracey has to say about things .
He is getting a lot of attention and rightly so but i wonder what brief he was working to and who we were not prepared to pay for .
I think the real finger needs pointing at the board .
We simply have not prepared for division 1 and i think the club has been kicked into the long grass by the owners .

Correct. People were mostly happy with the recruitment by Tracey and KC in league 2. We were also told our number one targets weren't successful before our league 1 campaign.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 20:27:41 pm »

Signing an already injured Joe Nuttall is unforgivable & he easily becomes the worst most costly loan signing we've ever made. I guarantee he's on more money than Oliver is at Gillingham...hence why Blackpool wouldn't cancel his loan!

Also, all our alledged first choice targets were signed in January!

Absolute s***ter of a season!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 20:38:50 pm »

Signing an already injured Joe Nuttall is unforgivable & he easily becomes the worst most costly loan signing we've ever made. I guarantee he's on more money than Oliver is at Gillingham...hence why Blackpool wouldn't cancel his loan!

Also, all our alledged first choice targets were signed in January!

Absolute s***ter of a season!

I'm sure we had more targets last summer than Edmondson & Miller.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 00:10:04 am »

Our wage budget for this season was £1.9-£2m..... you decide whether or not you think that was adequate.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 07:56:43 am »

Not when the staffing costs on published accounts for 19/20 were shown as £3.9 million for the club. I’d be pretty sure than in most instances the playing costs would form the bulk of the staffing costs.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:04:40 am »

A few points from my perspective:

1. We spent transfer fees on Rose, Ashley-Seal and Sowerby in a season when a lot of lower-league clubs spent zilch due to pandemic belt-tightening.

2. Budget wise, I would say that we have probably been in a 'mini-league' with Swindon, Rochdale, Wigan, AFC Wimbledon, Crewe, Accrington and Gillingham. To have finished significantly higher that those clubs would realistically have taken a dangerously risky level of outlay which would have put the club at financial risk at a time of zero gate receipts.

I would argue that the primary reason that we've finished second-bottom of this 'mini-league' is down to poor recruitment rather than budget.

3. The forward area is the best case in point. This year we've had Smith, Rose, Ashley-Seal, Nuttall, Edmondson, Miller, A. Jones and Chuks on the books, two of which cost transfer fees. Last year we had Oliver (on peanuts), Williams, Morton (unknown young loanee) and Smith. The outlay has clearly been a lot greater but we've ended up with vastly inferior quality because the scouting has been piss poor.

The thing that still staggers me is that Curle went into this season trying to play hoofball without anything resembling a proper targetman/centre forward! I suspect that the Oliver switch caught him by surprise and his plan B, Nuttall, was a panicky signing which was rushed through without due dilligence.

Gillingham and Wycombe have proven that you can get results at this level with a lower budget direct style if you have the right personnel.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 08:47:34 am »

People bang on about these transfer fees but had anyone got any idea how much we might have paid? What % of the players contract have they constituted?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 11:21:28 am »

Can you clarify this statement please?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 14:21:18 pm »

Can you clarify this statement please?

What on Earth has confused you?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 14:29:57 pm »

What confuses me is everyone banging on about contracts, when this article goes back to July 2020!?!?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 18:18:38 pm »

Why does he specifically suggest "we are stuck with HR and Gk Coach" ?.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 18:34:53 pm »

We spent money on BAS, ye Gods.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 18:55:30 pm »

Why does he specifically suggest "we are stuck with HR and Gk Coach" ?.
When Curle left these would have gone too, is what he is saying. Instead, had we appointed from outside, the new manager would have had to have used somebody elses staff for 6 months
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: