The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:57:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Simon Tracey & Dan Watson

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Tracey & Dan Watson  (Read 5270 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 20:23:36 pm »

When Curle left these would have gone too, is what he is saying. Instead, had we appointed from outside, the new manager would have had to have used somebody elses staff for 6 months

I get that but they didn’t as it was perhaps it was KT decision to keep them on; the cheap option perhaps or did Brady ask them to be kept on? Where Ragdolls argument appears confusing is whatever happens - Brady/Somebody is appointed Manager then new staff maybe appointed and current staff are paid off. Basically Ragdoll argues with himself! This is what I and some others wish to query. Of course Ragdoll presented his post in a factual manner. For instance the Nuttall situation ; I believe we simply don’t know. My source suggested that because of his injury the two clubs came to an agreement who paid what. If we have a good Barrister then that would be in our favour! Otherwise it would have involved the EFL Contracts People. Whether HR/Coach deserve such good fortune is a separate question.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 20:42:58 pm »

I get that but they didn’t as it was perhaps it was KT decision to keep them on; the cheap option perhaps or did Brady ask them to be kept on? Where Ragdolls argument appears confusing is whatever happens - Brady/Somebody is appointed Manager then new staff maybe appointed and current staff are paid off. Basically Ragdoll argues with himself! This is what I and some others wish to query. Of course Ragdoll presented his post in a factual manner. For instance the Nuttall situation ; I believe we simply don’t know. My source suggested that because of his injury the two clubs came to an agreement who paid what. If we have a good Barrister then that would be in our favour! Otherwise it would have involved the EFL Contracts People. Whether HR/Coach deserve such good fortune is a separate question.

Sometimes old fella it is just best to accept your shortcomings and take a bath, maybe with some salts. See if the old lady will scrub your back and be grateful that you are still knocking back the odd sherbert. You wouldn't want to look foolish now would you? Now, what team did you say you supported?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 21:00:04 pm »

Given what happened last season, when the inevitable second wave of Covid hit it was reasonable to assume the season would have been suspended and probably cancelled? The future was so uncertain that would have dominated most clubs (and indeed any businesses) financial planning. This was certainly the case from our perspective. Obviously certain assumptions didn’t materialise but I am loath to be overly critical of individuals who called it wrong? The stress and turmoil the situation caused cannot be overstated, and it is difficult to convey to people just what it was like from a business sense.

I’ve touched on this with others recently, but what annoys me is that we seemingly played the sensible and cautious route financially. Other clubs were apparently far more reckless and by definition competitive as a result? Therefore if this was the case, when the bailout materialised they were handed a significant advantage for their recklessness, and as a result we end up relegated. It all seemed really unfair to me, unless I’m just twisting things to appease myself?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 21:06:39 pm »

I’m still not convinced by the budget argument, just because the players we signed have been awful people assume the budget isn’t competitive to staying in the league. I still feel our budget and you can add Swindon & Bristol Rovers (bottom 2 teams) to that too are higher than Accrington, Rochdale, Wimbledon & Crewe, or at worst only minimal difference that any manager had a reasonable chance to stay up.
Let’s not forget when KC got Miller and Edmondson on loahe said how delighted he was at picking up 2 of his main targets.

I think that introducing the Budget simply confuses the strategy proposed by Ragdoll! Whether NTFC appoint coaches independently outside and a new manager is appointed the new manager might well want their own staff purely on loyalty basis. In any case do we know who appointed the current HR/Keeper Coach? Might be interesting  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 21:41:47 pm »

Sometimes old fella it is just best to accept your shortcomings and take a bath, maybe with some salts. See if the old lady will scrub your back and be grateful that you are still knocking back the odd sherbert. You wouldn't want to look foolish now would you? Now, what team did you say you supported?

Ok Dad
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 11:03:55 am »

Simon Tracey has left the building.

Could this be paving the way for an another announcement...?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 11:35:46 am »

Recruitment has been poor this year but what we don’t know is the details and circumstances he has was working under. Here’s some buttons and belly button fluff now go out and sign world beating players that no one else with a competitive budget wants. While you’re at it how’s your turd polishing ability?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 13:10:52 pm »

So to summarize the futility of this thread;
OP posts an article from nearly a year ago, bemoaning why recruitment kept on (they haven't been) and should go with the manager as a package.
Another twenty posts more or less saying the same, ignoring the fact the article was from July 2020.
Simon Tracey has (as could be expected) left the building!
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 13:53:10 pm »

I think deep down Curle knew the squad would be crap this season hence why he kept going on about good housekeeping as deflection, and many on here ended up seeing through that pretty quickly.

Now I don’t know if the club thought there would be loads of desperate players out there so we could get some players who’d be otherwise out of our price range but that clearly never happened.

I assume Curle had final say over signings so I can’t fully blame Tracey but it’s almost like the scouting team never adjusted their expectations of players and continued to sign L2 quality players thinking that’d be acceptable. Was anyone we signed in the summer actually an improvement on what we had in the position last season? The club get a pass for Goode as 7 figures would’ve been ridiculous to turn down. But Horsfall and Bolger (we paid a small fee for him too didn’t we?) were obviously worse than any of our core back 3 last season - whom formed a solid base for us to build off. Others have already mentioned the slew of forwards brought in who failed to fill the void left by either Oliver or Morton.

It’s clear that good players are available ‘within our budget’ because we had some of them already. Can almost be certain that last season’s league two squad would’ve finished above this season’s squad.

So yeah the recruitment needs an overhaul. You see other clubs sell a good find to a higher league club, then they replace them with another one and do it again. The Posh did it a number of times with strikers over the last 10-15 years.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2021, 14:40:30 pm »

The club will be implementing a ‘recruitment committee’ made up of first team manager, Head of Academy (Sammo), Graham Carr, Head of Recruitment (To be appointed), James Whiting and Kelvin Thomas #ntfc

The focus on the committee will be on a particular style of player which will fit a new club philosophy. A playing style identifiable with the first team down to the academy. Statistics will also play a more important role

£75,000 is being spent on upgrading the pitches at Moulton which will become the permanent training base. A decision will be made and announced in the next week on the next manager to give the club as much time as possible over the summer to implement the structure #n
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 15:18:12 pm »

Interesting that KT mentions disconnect between academy and first team. I've been saying this for some time. The academy/ youth team are trained to play good football. The formation is consistent through the age groups. There is no point having a first-team manager that plays direct like KC. This would make JB a good choice because he would have the same formation/ style of play. If not him, someone with same principles. This is a step in the right direction but should have been made some years ago. Other issues exist within the structure but hopefully these will also be addressed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 15:23:42 pm »

Interesting that KT mentions disconnect between academy and first team. I've been saying this for some time. The academy/ youth team are trained to play good football. The formation is consistent through the age groups. There is no point having a first-team manager that plays direct like KC. This would make JB a good choice because he would have the same formation/ style of play. If not him, someone with same principles. This is a step in the right direction but should have been made some years ago. Other issues exist within the structure but hopefully these will also be addressed.
i too have been saying this for a long time .
There was no policy to integrate the youth set up to the first team whatsoever .
This is a good move overall as is involving graham carr on a formal basis - although he has already been involved more than people may realise i think.
The big question is the next appointment of course
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2021, 15:37:21 pm »

Yes, b & S. The changes may indicate JB as he said he wanted them before taking the job. I hope so.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 17:06:02 pm »

So to summarize the futility of this thread;
OP posts an article from nearly a year ago, bemoaning why recruitment kept on (they haven't been) and should go with the manager as a package.
Another twenty posts more or less saying the same, ignoring the fact the article was from July 2020.
Simon Tracey has (as could be expected) left the building!

Grin

Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 18:28:36 pm »

Yes, b & S. The changes may indicate JB as he said he wanted them before taking the job. I hope so.
let’s hope there is a decent budget and you may well be right .
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 15:02:19 pm »

Is the issue really the differences in style of play between academy and first team or that there isn’t a Under 23’s or reserve team anymore to allow a better transition from youth to first team?

Sunderland are looking at Johnstone and the other young lad for their Under 23’s NOT their first team.

Arguably the Cobblers don’t have room in the first team budget to give all our promising youngsters pro deals. While clubs like Sunderland and Cardiff, who do have that transition system set up, as well as a larger budget, are able to take more risks and give young players more time to develop.

Just a thought that there is more to it than just who is in charge of the first team and recruitment.
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 15:17:35 pm »

Is the issue really the differences in style of play between academy and first team or that there isn’t a Under 23’s or reserve team anymore to allow a better transition from youth to first team?

Sunderland are looking at Johnstone and the other young lad for their Under 23’s NOT their first team.

Arguably the Cobblers don’t have room in the first team budget to give all our promising youngsters pro deals. While clubs like Sunderland and Cardiff, who do have that transition system set up, as well as a larger budget, are able to take more risks and give young players more time to develop.

Just a thought that there is more to it than just who is in charge of the first team and recruitment.

Not having an U23s is a massive problem. Clubs with similar budgets - or in some cases less - do have U23s. Comes down to how money is spent.
Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 15:51:16 pm »

Not having an U23s is a massive problem. Clubs with similar budgets - or in some cases less - do have U23s. Comes down to how money is spent.

Out of interest could you give us some examples? I've had a look and other than the U23s Premier league I'm not finding anything useful.. I think Coventry do, but then i'd not put them as a similar size club.
Cheers
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 15:53:25 pm by LawfordCob » Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 16:09:08 pm »

Many people have discredited Under 23’s football for its usefulness in preparing players for senior football. BAS is a good a example who was scoring goals for fun at a premier league u23’s team but looked out of his depth for us this season.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 16:56:21 pm »

Out of interest could you give us some examples? I've had a look and other than the U23s Premier league I'm not finding anything useful.. I think Coventry do, but then i'd not put them as a similar size club.
Cheers

There is an Under 23 Professional Development League, this contains teams such as Crewe Alexandra, Wigan and Barnsley in the North Group, with others such as Ipswich, Charlton and Colchester in the South Group.

U23 Premier League
U23 Premier League 2
U23 Professional Development League
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: