The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:54:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Is new KT video / announcement Pie in the Sky?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is new KT video / announcement Pie in the Sky?  (Read 1316 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 05, 2021, 19:55:05 pm »

Today KT has announced some changes around player recruitment and team structures etc

wanting a more planned a cohesive policy, type of player, building for the future etc etc

I've heard this somewhere before.....   where was it?    .........

was it that Trust leaflet my any chance?  No that thinking must be pie in the sky.

Listening to the video more, sounds like KT has just watched Moneyball !!!!!!!

Big question: why has it taken them 6 years to even come out with this Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Oh no hang on.. still listening as I type, nope we are still going for promotion

Oh hang on again..  think they have been reading my posts (least someone has  Grin) back to playing more youngsters

Latest update:  they are not rushing anything, so 6 years not to build the East stand, so hopefully the window will be fixed by 2029.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 20:08:34 pm »

So they leave things the same and you slag them off, so they want to change things, and you slag them off.
Random you just reinforce the point that idiots like you should be no be no where near a football Club.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 20:35:03 pm »

To use the animal farm analogy I think there is far too much “4 legs good, 2 legs bad” philosophy going on? It would be more constructive if people were able to accept that its not as simple as that? That way people might gain a true perspective and appreciation of the issues involved which can only be a good thing?

I maintain that as investor type owners KT/DB have done all that could have reasonably expected of an owner of this type given the amounts they have put in? By their own admission they have made mistakes and poor decisions but there is no shame in that? However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a better way? I just wish people could sometimes keep a more balanced perspective, this constant aggression can often be counterproductive? I think some of the moves by the owners in recent days have been very positive. However, candidate selection will be everything?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest168

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 20:38:27 pm »

so its ok for you to slag off the Trust when they make suggests similar to what the club have just announced

then you slag off me for pointing it out. and then by your way of thinking I shouldn't been anywhere near a football club.

You really can't make it up.

All the time, just like DC our chairman can do no wrong whilst real fans / Trust can't do anything right.

Exactly how does that make me an idiot tcobb?  I will resist in the name calling by return.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 20:48:33 pm »

So Tcobb you think that KT came across as a credible Chairman with a real plan, focus and passion for the football club and it's fans ?  Really?

He contradicted himself at least 3 times, I do understand it is hard, it takes time and there are lots of hard to control elements in football.

Sorry but that video did not convince me of anything. Have you a new Head of Recruitment in mind? er Yes and No. Huh?

We are having a committee to look at players but we are not going to have a say,  we are looking at youngsters but we are focusing on promotion

I also assume that we will not be having loan players again (or very few anyway)

Sorry but again I was there at the 1st end of season dinner when he was talking about community and building a football club to be proud off, is this the start or is it all pie in the sky (like everything any pro fan / Trust person posts?)

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 20:53:51 pm »

How do I become a 'pro fan' or a 'real fan'? What's the criteria?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 20:58:27 pm »

Sounds like good news to me, as long as there is some genuine substance to it.

Let’s see if it gets off the ground before it gets shot down.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 21:41:05 pm »

So they leave things the same and you slag them off, so they want to change things, and you slag them off.
Random you just reinforce the point that idiots like you should be no be no where near a football Club.

Trouble is he is not alone; personally the whole bunch do more harm to the idea of Fan partnership and put off the average fan.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 21:47:48 pm »

So Tcobb you think that KT came across as a credible Chairman with a real plan, focus and passion for the football club and it's fans ?  Really?

He contradicted himself at least 3 times, I do understand it is hard, it takes time and there are lots of hard to control elements in football.

Sorry but that video did not convince me of anything. Have you a new Head of Recruitment in mind? er Yes and No. Huh?

We are having a committee to look at players but we are not going to have a say,  we are looking at youngsters but we are focusing on promotion

I also assume that we will not be having loan players again (or very few anyway)

Sorry but again I was there at the 1st end of season dinner when he was talking about community and building a football club to be proud off, is this the start or is it all pie in the sky (like everything any pro fan / Trust person posts?)

Sounds like you are getting very angry or even losing it!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 22:04:19 pm »

Emmmm having listened to KT what I took from it was;
(i) a portakabin at Moulton in 18 months.
(ii) a committee that is not decision making that discusses players, KT will join sometimes.

The blame lies a bit everywhere except with KT.
Seriously this guy is simply not interested and needs to go, check out the body language, constantly scratching, after answering questions, google what this means!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 22:26:56 pm »

constantly scratching, after answering questions, google what this means!

Crabs
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 04:10:28 am »

DON'T mention the 'ground'............bugger, too late, ANOTHER redev thread!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 07:16:22 am »

DON'T mention the 'ground'............bugger, too late, ANOTHER redev thread!!!!

😀😀😀 Trying not to set them off again, is like trying not to blink...
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 08:12:15 am »

How do I become a 'pro fan' or a 'real fan'? What's the criteria?

I meant pro some sort of fan ownership or say in the running of our football club

Real fans want their club to do well and hold the Directors to account

Not sure what has happened to our fans, I remember the crowd calling for Stonhill to go when we were about 18th in League One, a local NTFC through and through Chairman, replaced since then by 2 chancers focus on land grabbing and development money, yet they are defended to the hilt.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 08:41:46 am »

I meant pro some sort of fan ownership or say in the running of our football club

Real fans want their club to do well and hold the Directors to account

Not sure what has happened to our fans, I remember the crowd calling for Stonhill to go when we were about 18th in League One, a local NTFC through and through Chairman, replaced since then by 2 chancers focus on land grabbing and development money, yet they are defended to the hilt.

I dunno. It feels as though our fan base is disjointed, disbanded and maybe more spread out geographically than it has ever been. It is difficult to put a finger on as football in general is so different as a social occasion these days and its place in peoples world in general. One thing that is clear is that apathy continues to reign. It could be the rise of the Saints, it could be the soulless nature of the PTS, I'm sure there is no straight forward answer. Not forgetting of course that most football fans haven't been near a ground for over 12 months. I don't take much notice of the petty squabbling on here or Facebook as don't believe that is fully representative of the regular fan who isn't interested in the politics of it all.

I think it does need a fully committed, charismatic and high profile 'fan leader' to try and implement any tangible change, whatever that change may be. That may come from the existing Trust forum, or it may need a revitalized approach but it definitely won't be easy.
Maybe nothing noticeable will happen until the current 'issues' are resolved and we are inevitably left in the brown stuff with jangling buckets.
Far from catastrophizing but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we could be flirting with our league status in the coming season(s), which is when things get interesting. It's probably not much fun down at Roots Hall.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 09:13:27 am »

yet they are defended to the hilt.

I'd love to see this groundswell of support for the current situation, that you and few others refer to. Clearly the support is polarised, but how naive must you and a few others be, if all you can do is offer a playground narrative of you either hate KT or love the Cobblers. You come across as so desperate to make everybody as disillusioned as you are. Your type of mentality never solves anything. It just keeps pointing at the problem from increasingly ridiculous angles.

As I have said so often, it's beyond a joke now. The support is looking for a star to follow, it looks like some elements of the Trust are up for modernisation and moving that side of things on. That has to be received as a positive. But at the moment, whether you like it or not, there is not a viable alternative. If the Trusts gets it act together, it will 100% get some traction and respect, and might well reap some benefits.

KT has to know we are all pi$$ed off. We’ve just been relegated and we look forward to another season of starring out on the disastrous East stand fiasco. What needs to be worked on is galvanising that opinion. Pointing out the same thing all the time, has got you and a few nowhere for ever now. Try to be a little more creative.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 09:17:45 am »

Can we submit a transfer bid in for Andy Holt the Accrington Stanley chairman?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3359

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 09:45:17 am »

I must admit when I was listening to interview it did sound like some of the ideas the Trust have put forward. Especially around having a playing style and identifying players that suit that style.

Now just imagine where we could be if the Trust and the club had a positive working relationship at that time. Im not going to get into who's fault it is because I think both sides acted badly, but it shows what could be achieved with a strong trust and a professional relationship.

But lets take this as positive news, embrace it, support it and not look for point scoring or to undermine anything
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 10:01:09 am »

Certain aspects of what the trust suggested were ridiculous, hence the ridicule.

The column listing the qualities future players needed to have particularly brought laughs

Some parts were sensible but it gets diluted by some absolute fluff the authors stuck in there as well
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 10:58:53 am »

The Trust document was actually a good idea in principle? It was obviously an attempt to give the club an identity and psychology that ran through the entire playing and coaching staff, which I kind of understand and is something KT has alluded to. Trouble was the author was probably left to their own devices and lost all touch with reality? I’ve seen it before at work where someone has rushed something through, and what seemed a good idea at 2am kind of sounds a bit ridiculous in the presentation at 9.30? If the author had of had the luxury of sitting on it for a week to reflect on it, it would have probably sounded completely different? So in that respect I kind of felt a bit sorry for them. (If that’s what actually happened that is?)
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: