The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:27:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pre-Season Friendlies

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Season Friendlies  (Read 28289 times)
OCoole

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2021, 19:31:45 pm »

On the evidence that I've seen Flores is the best placed to fulfil that role although there's a rumour on twitter that he might be recalled by Hull.

That would be a real sh1tter right before the start of the season! How legit did the rumour source seem?
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #321 on: July 31, 2021, 19:39:26 pm »

Yes Rob, I’m intending ongoing to Coventry (by train), depending on how the game goes might not get home until 3 or 4 am
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #322 on: July 31, 2021, 19:58:13 pm »

A fairly decent showing on the whole today. Cambridge had the bulk of possession and created the best couple of chances. Stand outs for me were Roberts and Pinnock, everyone else seems rather meh…

I thought Rose changed the game when he came on. I turned up expecting to see the rebranded BAS but was bitterly disappointed, ineffectively, weak on the ball etc I could go on.

One noticeable thing for me was how quiet the back 5 were. I didn’t hear a word between them and it only became apparent in the second half when the back five of Cambridge were constantly communicating. Whilst I think Horsfall was captain today,  given the experience and talk on signing Guthrie, I was expecting to see some sort of leadership out there from him. He may have lost his voice, who knows.

Roberts -  Looks strong, couple of great saves. Seemed very quiet.
McGowan - Was awful, looked completely out his depth.
Guthrie - Won most of his battles, looked good enough. Expected more leadership and organisation.
Horsfall - Looked composed, starting to play more like Goode with each game.
Koiki - Average, did some good things but looked vulnerable.
Connolly - Touched the ball three time and left McGowen exposed. Looks absolutely rapid though and put in a good couple of crosses.
McWiliams (S) - outmuscled a few times but put himself about. Didn’t do anything stand out either way.
Lewis - as above
Pinnock - Looked good, hungry for the ball. Couple of good runs.
Ashley-Seal - carried on from where he left off last season, spent most of the game on his backside.
Kabamba - missed an absolute sitter but lined up well and looked keen for the ball.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #323 on: July 31, 2021, 20:24:13 pm »

A fairly decent showing on the whole today. Cambridge had the bulk of possession and created the best couple of chances. Stand outs for me were Roberts and Pinnock, everyone else seems rather meh…

I thought Rose changed the game when he came on. I turned up expecting to see the rebranded BAS but was bitterly disappointed, ineffectively, weak on the ball etc I could go on.

One noticeable thing for me was how quiet the back 5 were. I didn’t hear a word between them and it only became apparent in the second half when the back five of Cambridge were constantly communicating. Whilst I think Horsfall was captain today,  given the experience and talk on signing Guthrie, I was expecting to see some sort of leadership out there from him. He may have lost his voice, who knows.

Guthrie - Won most of his battles, looked good enough. Expected more leadership and organisation.
Connolly - Touched the ball three time and left McGowen exposed. Looks absolutely rapid though and put in a good couple of crosses.
McWiliams (S) - outmuscled a few times but put himself about. Didn’t do anything stand out either way.
Lewis - as above
Ashley-Seal - carried on from where he left off last season, spent most of the game on his backside.
Kabamba - missed an absolute sitter but lined up well and looked keen for the ball.

Didn’t go but seems like an objective report - thanks MC.

The terrifying thing is that sounds so much like a report from the start of last season:
- no leadership at the back
- little creativity in the middle
- BAS on his arse and forwards missing the rare opportunities they do get.

The only difference being we haven’t got Mitchell in goal- TFFT

Assuming Chucks is on his way, we really do need someone that knows where the goal is!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #324 on: July 31, 2021, 20:39:24 pm »

Actually think we’ve got less goal scoring threat than we had last season. Carr stated we needed to sign 2 strikers and that was before Smith left.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2021, 20:55:23 pm »

That would be a real sh1tter right before the start of the season! How legit did the rumour source seem?

Very doubtful I would suggest. I think the earliest they can recall him is January. That's unless the contract states he can be recalled at any time and surely we wouldn't agree to such a clause.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2021, 21:13:18 pm »

Lewis - as above

Fair enough but not necessarily what I saw in the last two home friendlies.

We play a back four not five and all have captained previous teams. McGowan (impressed me), Guthrie, Mills and Horsfall (who was captain today). Therefore leadership shouldn't be a problem.

Connolly & Pinnock provide genuine width and pace. When Pollock, McWilliams and Sowerby are up to fitness along with Lewis & Flores, we should be fine.

Goal scoring striker still needed though.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2021, 21:20:15 pm »

Fair enough but not necessarily what I saw in the last two home friendlies.

We play a back four not five and all have captained previous teams. McGowan (impressed me), Guthrie, Mills and Horsfall (who was captain today). Therefore leadership shouldn't be a problem.

Connolly & Pinnock provide genuine width and pace. When Pollock, McWilliams and Sowerby are up to fitness along with Lewis & Flores, we should be fine.

Goal scoring striker still needed though.

By back 5 I mean 4 defenders and the goalkeeper.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2021, 21:29:27 pm »

Didn’t go but seems like an objective report - thanks MC.

The terrifying thing is that sounds so much like a report from the start of last season:
- no leadership at the back
- little creativity in the middle
- BAS on his arse and forwards missing the rare opportunities they do get.

The only difference being we haven’t got Mitchell in goal- TFFT

Assuming Chucks is on his way, we really do need someone that knows where the goal is!

It is a worry, fingers crossed it was a one off!

Maybe Mills will encourage them to be bit more vocal when he is back. In my opinion, likely defensive starters are worse than last season (Jones and Kioso appear better than Guthrie and McGowen). We now have better depth at full back, but not centre back.

Creativity, we appear to have significantly strengthened outwide. Both Pinnock and Connolly look capable of beating their man and providing quality into the box. In the middle the jury is out on whether Lewis or Flores are up to the standard of Watson.

BAS was a big disappointment after supposedly kicking on in training. We were much more of a threat after he had been taken off.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2021, 21:38:27 pm »

It is a worry, fingers crossed it was a one off!

Maybe Mills will encourage them to be bit more vocal when he is back. In my opinion, likely defensive starters are worse than last season (Jones and Kioso appear better than Guthrie and McGowen). We now have better depth at full back, but not centre back.

Creativity, we appear to have significantly strengthened outwide. Both Pinnock and Connolly look capable of beating their man and providing quality into the box. In the middle the jury is out on whether Lewis or Flores are up to the standard of Watson.

BAS was a big disappointment after supposedly kicking on in training. We were much more of a threat after he had been taken off.
BAS is absolute w@nk, just like I said last week.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2021, 22:23:58 pm »

Would tend to take some of the comments from Mys.Curle with a pinch of salt. Do agree with him on Pinnock and
Roberts and also his belated comment on how Rose changed the game when he came on. Talking about Rose he was put through some serious training schedules before he came on. Guthrie was calm and collected as was Horsfall. As for McGowan he did ok and looked a good buy and player for that matter. Certainly for the majority of the game we kept Cambridge at bay reasonably comfortably certainly during the first half. Whichever way you look at it Cambridge did not do enough to break us down and missed two clear decent scoring chances of which one was the penalty all of which Roberts was equal too.Mid Field was just about ok, combated well and MC was right to to suggest that they were a bit ordinary. Flores probably the pick from a creative point of view. We could have had a penalty perhaps even two. Thought that the speed merchant Connolly was disappointment and perhaps Mannys comment 'headless chicken' seemed to stick a bit. Chucks came on somewhat belatedly and didn't really impress and poor old Bas had a poor game but was not falling over. Bungle is right to suggest that the real issues are up front, Kabamba missed an absolute sitter and sort of flattered to deceive! Form wise Chucks seems to have gone backwards! For the benefit for all on here McGowan is not a fall guy and is my opinion far to good a player to be dismissed or referred as the fall guy. Both sides lacked the necessary fire power to win the game; in other words lack of quality up front where it truly matters.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3338

« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2021, 22:35:14 pm »

Would tend to take some of the comments from Mys.Curle with a pinch of salt. Do agree with him on Pinnock and
Roberts and also his belated comment on how Rose changed the game when he came on. Talking about Rose he was put through some serious training schedules before he came on. Guthrie was calm and collected as was Horsfall. As for McGowan he did ok and looked a good buy and player for that matter. Certainly for the majority of the game we kept Cambridge at bay reasonably comfortably certainly during the first half. Whichever way you look at it Cambridge did not do enough to break us down and missed two clear decent scoring chances of which one was the penalty all of which Roberts was equal too.Mid Field was just about ok, combated well and MC was right to to suggest that they were a bit ordinary. Flores probably the pick from a creative point of view. We could have had a penalty perhaps even two. Thought that the speed merchant Connolly was disappointment and perhaps Mannys comment 'headless chicken' seemed to stick a bit. Chucks came on somewhat belatedly and didn't really impress and poor old Bas had a poor game but was not falling over. Bungle is right to suggest that the real issues are up front, Kabamba missed an absolute sitter and sort of flattered to deceive! Form wise Chucks seems to have gone backwards! For the benefit for all on here McGowan is not a fall guy and is my opinion far to good a player to be dismissed or referred as the fall guy. Both sides lacked the necessary fire power to win the game; in other words lack of quality up front where it truly matters.
Good report Mr Brite. More of the same throughout the season please 🙏
Report Spam   Logged
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2021, 22:43:41 pm »

I think it's a great song! I agree with you - it is a pathetic message
If this thread irritates as much as it seems too stop reading and posting on it. it's not difficult is it my lover.
if English comprehension completely devalues the sentence, it all makes sense now.To be honest some of your remarks lack aforethought Quite unbelievable, shocking and incompetent.Apparently it depends on if they are doubles or singles but he is trying to squeeze as many in as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #333 on: August 01, 2021, 10:16:33 am »

Tuesday night games are all well and good...but what about a Wednesday night at Coventry?  Wink

I see there are direct trains from Oxford ... 47 minutes  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2021, 11:15:40 am »

I see there are direct trains from Oxford ... 47 minutes  Grin
And 20 minutes by taxi to the ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2021, 11:30:49 am »

I think it's a great song! I agree with you - it is a pathetic message
If this thread irritates as much as it seems too stop reading and posting on it. it's not difficult is it my lover.
if English comprehension completely devalues the sentence, it all makes sense now.To be honest some of your remarks lack aforethought Quite unbelievable, shocking and incompetent.Apparently it depends on if they are doubles or singles but he is trying to squeeze as many in as possible.
Youre starting to remind me of someone..
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2021, 12:26:30 pm »

Youre starting to remind me of someone..
That would be a FLY in the ointment……..
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2021, 15:58:41 pm »

That would be a FLY in the ointment……..

At a gut feel Manny possibly not 'Fly'. Whoever it is, has changed his pseudonym judging by his in depth knowledge of people on here. Perhaps Tabasco can give a clue. Can't help feeling Mystery Curle and Ragdoll are in the same boat?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2021, 16:39:46 pm »

At a gut feel Manny possibly not 'Fly'. Whoever it is, has changed his pseudonym judging by his in depth knowledge of people on here. Perhaps Tabasco can give a clue. Can't help feeling Mystery Curle and Ragdoll are in the same boat?

BMON to name one of many.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2021, 18:07:09 pm »

Come again….
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: