The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:55:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

North, East or West?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North, East or West?  (Read 3100 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2021, 08:30:42 am »

What's your row/seat number, I'll come and cramp your style next time I'm up... Wink
Next time your up let me know 👍🍺🍺🍺🍺
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2021, 10:30:20 am »

Pay for a North one and walk into the West before the game starts, simple.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2021, 11:40:16 am »

Pay for a North one and walk into the West before the game starts, simple.
Knowing every game you are likely to be sitting in someone else's seat, moved on or worse!

Do you apply the same tactics every time you board a train too?
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2021, 08:05:51 am »

A simple question asking for advice.

For the last few seasons I have our season tickets in the East Stand with my youngest, sat about halfway up and on the halfway line as I like the view it gives.

However my lad no longer wants to go, and the atmosphere is pretty dead in the East. I do long for a bit of singing/shouting/hurling abuse like I used to have when I went years ago.

Should I stick with my current seats or look to move into the North or West?

It’d be interesting to know why your youngest doesn’t want to go anymore...

I used to take my son (now 26) and although he never said he didn’t want to go anymore, I think he mainly came to please me. 

He lives in Bristol now (following university) and is a Liverpool supporter.  He still comes to a game if there’s one on when he comes back to visit; or when we’re away to Rovers and I’ve travelled down.

He’s not a Cobblers supporter however and doesn’t even keep up with the results.  Like you we used to sit in the East stand and I have wondered whether he might have got bitten by the bug had we sat somewhere there was more atmosphere - that’s what got me hooked in the county ground days.

On the other hand maybe I’ve done him a favour...

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2021, 08:28:19 am »

It’d be interesting to know why your youngest doesn’t want to go anymore...

He's 15 and is a Cobblers supporter, but plays Saturday football and his girlfriend plays Sunday football and visits family afterwards. So Saturday afternoons are his time to see her at the weekend.  Roll Eyes

I'm tempted just to buy him a ticket anyway and then he can just turn up to what games he feels like.

Like you, I do think a bit more of the atmosphere might get him more excited but who knows.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2021, 08:52:52 am »

He's 15 and is a Cobblers supporter, but plays Saturday football and his girlfriend plays Sunday football and visits family afterwards. So Saturday afternoons are his time to see her at the weekend.  Roll Eyes

I'm tempted just to buy him a ticket anyway and then he can just turn up to what games he feels like.

Like you, I do think a bit more of the atmosphere might get him more excited but who knows.
Why not buy him and his girlfriend a ticket?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2021, 09:14:17 am »

Careful, I took my new girlfriend on a first day out to watch the Cobblers and we ended up getting married.

Wouldn't tell her where we were going on this "surprise" day out but took her for a lunchtime drink in the Elephant, after a few I said we wont be needing the car now and walked her down Abington Avenue, did it for her!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2021, 09:16:29 am »

I had M18 or nearby for a few seasons, quite a few window lickers from Milton Malsor sat around there at the time.

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2021, 09:17:47 am »

I would rather like the peace and quiet for a couple of hours.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2021, 09:18:21 am »

Careful, I took my new girlfriend on a first day out to watch the Cobblers and we ended up getting married.

Wouldn't tell her where we were going on this "surprise" day out but took her for a lunchtime drink in the Elephant, after a few I said we wont be needing the car now and walked her down Abington Avenue, did it for her!
Haha did she marry you if you promised not to take her again 😀
I bet she loved it in the Hotel end, with the smell of poorly wiped arses, p1ss, BO, fags and of course those moorish Ansell burgers emmmm.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2021, 09:19:24 am »

I would rather like the peace and quiet for a couple of hours.  Grin
I know what you mean, get in the west upper.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2021, 10:01:06 am »

Girlfriend plays sunday football...
What's happening, the world has passed me by. Too late to persuade your son to persuade his girlfriend to simply watch him Saturday mornings? Yeah, I suppose so.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2021, 10:01:39 am »

Haha did she marry you if you promised not to take her again 😀
I bet she loved it in the Hotel end, with the smell of poorly wiped arses, p1ss, BO, fags and of course those moorish Ansell burgers emmmm.

Eau du Hotel End. Splash it all over!

Makes girls weak at the knees...by nearly passing out  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2021, 10:11:05 am »

We're going to have such a blinding season and as half of teams now in league two's entire away support come in a car, expect a few forays into the south stand.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2021, 11:10:27 am »

I had M18 or nearby for a few seasons, quite a few window lickers from Milton Malsor sat around there at the time.

M18?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3429

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2021, 11:37:00 am »

M18?

Unfortunately Sixfields only has one stand with a row M. Do you think any redevelopment will start soon. Oops!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2021, 13:32:27 pm »

I was very close to there. I feel that I know some of the people that you refer to?
Was there a couple of very fat lads from Dav, in front of you, and to your left?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3429

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2021, 15:59:15 pm »

I was very close to there. I feel that I know some of the people that you refer to?
Was there a couple of very fat lads from Dav, in front of you, and to your left?

This would've been throughout the Atkins era, not he Atkins diet for the fat lads. Didn't they sit close to the exit with their bellies hanging over the barrier and extort food from passers by?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2021, 16:11:17 pm »

This would've been throughout the Atkins era, not he Atkins diet for the fat lads. Didn't they sit close to the exit with their bellies hanging over the barrier and extort food from passers by?
Sounds classy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2021, 17:25:07 pm »

Yeah. you got em. And had three seats between the two of them. And their mum used to work as a steward. And she was hefty as well.
I could name them, but im not going to.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: