The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:44:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

League Two play off final and assorted Cobblers anecdotes of games of old!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League Two play off final and assorted Cobblers anecdotes of games of old!  (Read 8577 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2021, 16:11:34 pm »

it isn't - they finished between 4th and 7th
That was the fourth best team in the league, they couldn’t put two passes together!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2021, 16:16:52 pm »

Thought both teams looked way off League 1 standard, or even the level of our play off winning team last season!
Good luck with the recruitment Morecambe.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2021, 16:22:16 pm »

Thought both teams looked way off League 1 standard, or even the level of our play off winning team last season!
Absolutely spot on, the step up for them will be near impossible, they basically need a new team.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 17:06:16 pm »

It appears Derek Adams already knows that. By all accounts on his way to Bradford. It could be a long season for Morecambe, but if they need inspiration they need to look to their Lancashire neighbours....Accrington Stanley.   
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 08:36:50 am »

Good Morning

Whilst no fans would turn down a promotion the reality is we would have struggled to compete. We are just not strong enough financially or in infrastructure to challenge. Hard work, commitment and organisation only gets you so far. How did last season feel for Cobblers fans? The joy of promotion followed by the misery of relegation?
At our level play off excitement and big cup games are pretty much all we hope for and certainly have provided ample entertainment and excitement for me in the last decade or so.
Each new season begins with hope and optimism, whether looking forward to Sunderland or Sc***horpe.

Without doubt my highlight will be the two games against the Cobblers and I look forward to our future discussions when the time arrives!

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2021, 08:46:17 am »

Last season didn't happen.
When the Pandemic started we were in League Two, when the restrictions (are) lifted we will be in League Two, I don't remember the bit in the middle... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3429

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2021, 09:09:43 am »

I don't remember the bit in the middle... Wink

I do, ooh Gary Davies, ooh Gary Davies on your radio  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2021, 09:32:40 am »

Preferred Simons Bates “our tune” at 11am.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2021, 11:25:45 am »

Good Morning

Whilst no fans would turn down a promotion the reality is we would have struggled to compete. We are just not strong enough financially or in infrastructure to challenge. Hard work, commitment and organisation only gets you so far. How did last season feel for Cobblers fans? The joy of promotion followed by the misery of relegation?
At our level play off excitement and big cup games are pretty much all we hope for and certainly have provided ample entertainment and excitement for me in the last decade or so.
Each new season begins with hope and optimism, whether looking forward to Sunderland or Sc***horpe.

Without doubt my highlight will be the two games against the Cobblers and I look forward to our future discussions when the time arrives!

Phil in Northampton

Why not just support your local team, then every week would be a highlight.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2021, 11:31:42 am »

Smashy and Nicey.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2021, 11:46:30 am »

Last season didn't happen.
When the Pandemic started we were in League Two, when the restrictions (are) lifted we will be in League Two, I don't remember the bit in the middle... Wink

You lucky bleeder.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2021, 12:53:31 pm »

I can remember Gary Davis doing the late night slot on Saturdays.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2021, 14:02:20 pm »

I can remember Gary Davis doing the late night slot on Saturdays.

Ooh Matron... Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2021, 15:16:44 pm »

Worked on site then, tools down at 11am for our tune. Do do do dooo.
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2021, 16:34:33 pm »

Good Afternoon Shoemender

I totally understand your thought process, however my reason for supporting Newport is quite unique and one I have told often and has been published in the match day programme in years past. If you are at all interested please message me your e-mail address and I’ll gladly forward the story to you.
As a football fan I have seen many Cobblers games in my time, two Wembley play off finals, Aston Villa at the County Ground, Man City at Maine Road and many sub 1000 attendances at the County Ground.

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2021, 17:09:06 pm »

We'd lose the majority of this board if we did that?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2021, 17:53:46 pm »

Worked on site then, tools down at 11am for our tune. Do do do dooo.
Not quite but everyone did down tools.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2021, 11:44:17 am »

Good Afternoon Shoemender

I totally understand your thought process, however my reason for supporting Newport is quite unique and one I have told often and has been published in the match day programme in years past. If you are at all interested please message me your e-mail address and I’ll gladly forward the story to you.
As a football fan I have seen many Cobblers games in my time, two Wembley play off finals, Aston Villa at the County Ground, Man City at Maine Road and many sub 1000 attendances at the County Ground.

Phil in Northampton

Hi Phil. I think I read on here that you support Newport because you stuck a pin in a map and that's who you got. While I fully respect your decision to support whoever you want although most on here know my views on supporting your local team or one you have family connections with or where you were born/brought up I still don't get it, maybe it's just me. At least you're not a glory hunter, they're the most annoying.
One more thing. I'm pretty sure we've only ever had one sub 1000 crowd in any meaningful game, ie; League, FA Cup or League Cup and that was against Chester 1985.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2021, 11:55:14 am »

Hi Phil. I think I read on here that you support Newport because you stuck a pin in a map and that's who you got. While I fully respect your decision to support whoever you want although most on here know my views on supporting your local team or one you have family connections with or where you were born/brought up I still don't get it, maybe it's just me. At least you're not a glory hunter, they're the most annoying.
One more thing. I'm pretty sure we've only ever had one sub 1000 crowd in any meaningful game, ie; League, FA Cup or League Cup and that was against Chester 1985.
I was there along with 10000 others.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2021, 12:10:30 pm »

Wasn't it 942?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: