The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:40:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Assistant Manager

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Assistant Manager  (Read 10768 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2021, 15:43:30 pm »

Full credit to Kelvin Thomas and co. for assembling this fantastic non-playing staff team during this off-season period - Brady, Calderwood, Rico, Sammo, Carr, Foyle. I can't think that there will be many teams, if any at all, in our division that will have a better backroom staff than we do now. All seem to be committed to this being a project (2+ years minimum) and this should stand us in great stead for the future!

The first team additions have been strong too (in my opinion).

The club is starting to have quite a good feeling to it again!

I would not get too far ahead on your hopes. It really all depends on the recruitment drive. Some quality additions notably in midfield and firepower should, even may, bring  the best out of the current new signings. If not the same 'hope for the best' team selection will be much in evident again. Before your time we signed Joe Kiernan from Sunderland and with his artistry and clever passing transformed a good but workmanlike side.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2021, 16:22:38 pm »

I would not get too far ahead on your hopes. It really all depends on the recruitment drive. Some quality additions notably in midfield and firepower should, even may, bring  the best out of the current new signings. If not the same 'hope for the best' team selection will be much in evident again. Before your time we signed Joe Kiernan from Sunderland and with his artistry and clever passing transformed a good but workmanlike side.

Too late I'm afraid Evers, I've already put the wheels into motion on the 21/22 L2 Champions merchandise! T-shirts especially are a treat. £10 a pop but for you I can stretch to a mates rate of £11!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2021, 16:29:55 pm »

Excellent appointment. I have fond memories of his time as the first head coach of the NTFC International Football Academy. https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/october/calderwood_international_academy/
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2021, 17:05:39 pm »

I’m going to have to intersect here too.

Rob Page was useless. I’ll never forget how he LET ALL NTFC fans down by picking that ludicrous line up and formation away at the Posh. Our first game against them in several years and he totally fuc*ed us.

We were in poor form when the Bristol Rovers hammering happened, and didn’t he also have his sexist meltdown on air as well? Good riddance to this day.

👍
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2021, 08:23:38 am »

CC returning is great news.

Some solid foundations to build on now.

Time to shift some of the deadwood from the squad.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2021, 08:47:15 am »

Well Rob Page was rubbish for us wasn’t he? How many other managers can we collectively name who have been hopeless for us but have been inexplicably successful elsewhere? Tony Barton was probably the pick of the bunch. Perhaps it’s because there is a curse that has befallen the club. On the other hand maybe it’s because it’s sport, so by nature has an element of unpredictability therefore things won’t always go as intended. The minute they don’t naturally everybody has no effing patience whatsoever and it’s off with their head. There’s a moral here somewhere, not that anyone will listen. I just hope when Lady Luck desserts JB as it will at some point he gets cut some slack. That would make a refreshing change and might save yet another load of expensive heart ache.
Gary Johnson
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2021, 11:53:38 am »

CC returning is great news.

Some solid foundations to build on now.

Time to shift BAS from the squad.
Better.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2021, 11:56:43 am »

He wasn't useless as yesterday proved. More likely our prejudicial expert opinions were useless.  I don't think Curle deserved the sack either.  Do you think the players were blameless? However I like the idea of Calderwood 'is back', one of the rare Managers we have not sacked. Just think how this board, after the Tranmere game back in 2015 reacted with howls for CW to be sacked Roll Eyes

If we cannot manage our expectations better we will still be a Cinderella Club within 2/3 years.
You were still defending Cardoza right up until the moment the arresting officer told him to "mind your head" so it's no surprise to still see you defending failures

As for Calderwood, as long as he has no say in anything that happens past the halfway line or tries to play Des Lyttle in midfield then it could work out ok
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2021, 12:12:17 pm »

I had a quiet moment this morning and did some totting up of numbers (courtesy of Wikipedia and Soccerbase, so perhaps not 100% but ball park accurate).

Between Brady, Calderwood, Sammo, Rico, Foyle and Carr they have a total of:

• Nearly 3.5k career appearances (almost 700 of which were for us)
  • Around 550 goals (nearly 100 for us)
  • 1.5k games as a manager (over a third of which involved managing us!)

That's an average of 560 appearances, nearly 100 goals scored and 250 games managed each (with that last figure skewed by Rico having a zero in that column).

Those figures don't include any games played/managed too far down the pyramid to be found on the internet without more time than I had.

That is a phenomenally experienced backroom team whichever way you look at it, and that's before you include the likes of Warburton and Watson!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2021, 14:19:05 pm »

You were still defending Cardoza right up until the moment the arresting officer told him to "mind your head" so it's no surprise to still see you defending failures

As for Calderwood, as long as he has no say in anything that happens past the halfway line or tries to play Des Lyttle in midfield then it could work out ok

I joined the Trust to support their campaign before the Chairman was exposed! I also attended that fateful Feb 2015 Meeting with Cardoza when so many of the big hitters on here failed to attend.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2021, 16:37:53 pm »

I joined the Trust to support their campaign before the Chairman was exposed! I also attended that fateful Feb 2015 Meeting with Cardoza when so many of the big hitters on here failed to attend.
You consistently called anybody that aired anti-Cardoza views as "moaners" and in fact you were still calling people that were against Cardoza "moaners" as late as January 3d 2016. Cardoza was arrested on January 26th. Don't try to rewrite history, not when it's all been documented.

He was not shouted down but let down by supporters in the "know" who failed to support him! Your prejudice knows no bounds! Some of his "supporters" said they were too busy or even said it was pointless to attend.IMO the moaners missed a great opportunity to present a decent case based on some evidence available at the time! You in particular seem more adept on moaning as opposed to organising a meaningful support for Mr  Iestyn at that Feb meeting!

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2021, 16:54:38 pm »

I also attended that fateful Feb 2015 Meeting with Cardoza when so many of the big hitters on here failed to attend.
How would you know what they looked like?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2021, 18:27:04 pm »

Excellent appointment. I have fond memories of his time as the first head coach of the NTFC International Football Academy. https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/october/calderwood_international_academy/
WTF was that all about???
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2021, 20:55:45 pm »

You consistently called anybody that aired anti-Cardoza views as "moaners" and in fact you were still calling people that were against Cardoza "moaners" as late as January 3d 2016. Cardoza was arrested on January 26th. Don't try to rewrite history, not when it's all been documented.

Spot on
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2021, 21:28:06 pm »

How would you know what they looked like?
A question I frequently ponder. I always imagine Evers to be an amalgamation of Terry Thomas and  Lesley Phillips. I don’t know why?

Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2021, 09:16:17 am »

A question I frequently ponder. I always imagine Evers to be an amalgamation of Terry Thomas and  Lesley Phillips. I don’t know why?

Loved TT, bit like Eric Morecombe, started to smile on as soon as I saw them! Liked the LP ding dong sketch as well! Anybody remember the Hotel End appreciating a well endowed policewoman!
Report Spam   Logged

Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2021, 10:06:39 am »

I know exactly what you mean.
There’s two older chaps that drink In Carrs Bar that look like brothers. They dress in country attire and look as if they should be watching rugby instead. I’ve definitely got one of those down as Evers. I wonder?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2021, 19:11:28 pm »

I know exactly what you mean.
There’s two older chaps that drink In Carrs Bar that look like brothers. They dress in country attire and look as if they should be watching rugby instead. I’ve definitely got one of those down as Evers. I wonder?

I suspect that the two older ‘chaps’ are my 2xBr-in-Law both dress like country farmers. Both fervent Cobbs fans and ST’s. The Rows we have!
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2021, 19:18:39 pm »

It's Colin Calderwood! Can we close this thread now?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2021, 19:34:33 pm »

I suspect that the two older ‘chaps’ are my 2xBr-in-Law both dress like country farmers. Both fervent Cobbs fans and ST’s. The Rows we have!
Its strange the way that people change. One of my old lodgers liked to dress like Bill and Ted. Or Waynes world.
The next time that I saw him he popped on on facebook. In a flat cap, hunter wellies, tweed jacket, and a bit of string tied around his stomach. Whats that all about?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: