The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:08:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Next week's open house

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next week's open house  (Read 9904 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2021, 11:43:19 am »

Agreed which is why you Minute and record the call - the problem with simple written answers is they almost always provoke a response for clarity and more information
Don’t take up the legal profession, written answers have accountability.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2021, 12:14:03 pm »

So do verbal ones.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2021, 12:15:16 pm »

So do verbal ones.
Thanks for that James.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2021, 12:17:41 pm »

Regards context and clarity... I think you have it the wrong way around. Written english is far less easily manipulated than a two way verbal conversation.
I agree to an extent, but what I mean is if there is any ambiguity or anything not clear, on a call you can ask questions and either have additional context added or have it worded differently to make it clearer. That will take a matter of minutes. In a written statement you will have to write back, then they will need to rewrite etc which if you're lucky will be days but as we've seen with this more likely months. That's why I said the call followed by something in writing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2021, 12:21:19 pm »

Thanks for that James.
You've indirectly called me a hater and I can only assume you either think Im James Whiting or trying to be funny and say im his puppet or something.
If you read this thread you will actually see that whilst there is passion on both sides everyone else is engaging in actually some good discussion. Maybe you can try to join in too.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »

I agree to an extent, but what I mean is if there is any ambiguity or anything not clear, on a call you can ask questions and either have additional context added or have it worded differently to make it clearer. That will take a matter of minutes. In a written statement you will have to write back, then they will need to rewrite etc which if you're lucky will be days but as we've seen with this more likely months. That's why I said the call followed by something in writing.

Agree - we have a rule of thumb we work with in my team at work, if something takes any more than 3 or 4 back and forths to get to the bottom of then it should be a phone/Teams call.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2021, 13:41:09 pm »

It seems odd that the chronicle and echo aren’t running a story on the trust not backing the redevelopment plans.
Is it not newsworthy??
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2021, 13:45:12 pm »

It seems odd that the chronicle and echo aren’t running a story on the trust not backing the redevelopment plans.
Is it not newsworthy??
Puppets, it’s not even a newspaper, remember the Cardoza debacle and the Chrons lack of coverage.
They are quick enough to report he was taking legal action against me, it made front page I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2021, 14:28:28 pm »

I stopped buying the chronicle after their coverage of the Cardoza saga.

I’ve never bought it since or follow their sport coverage as it became apparent they didn’t represent the fans.

Report Spam   Logged
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2021, 14:35:52 pm »

Having become something of a doubting thomas through the years of KT and DB's tenure,  I'm mildly excited at the big reveal. Given the ‘under promise over deliver’ mantra I'm expecting a brand new beast of an East and firm plans for the North and South as a minimum.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2021, 14:55:52 pm »

Having become something of a doubting thomas through the years of KT and DB's tenure,  I'm mildly excited at the big reveal. Given the ‘under promise over deliver’ mantra I'm expecting a brand new beast of an East and firm plans for the North and South as a minimum.
😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2021, 17:43:51 pm »

Thanks for that James.

Whoever has told you that is wrong…
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2021, 17:45:07 pm »

Is that why the Trust board has refused to minute meetings between the club and them, and with the council?

FOR THEIR MEMBERS.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2021, 17:46:08 pm »

No they don't unless they form part of a contract.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2021, 17:52:48 pm »

There was never any chance of a written response to those questions.

One of them could have 50000 word thesis and  still not elicited a definitive response.  As stated at the time,naive beyond belief. I thought the Trust chairman was an ex journalist and he submitted that rubbish! I assume his resignation is imminent.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2021, 19:20:17 pm »

There was never any chance of a written response to those questions.

One of them could have 50000 word thesis and  still not elicited a definitive response.  As stated at the time,naive beyond belief. I thought the Trust chairman was an ex journalist and he submitted that rubbish! I assume his resignation is imminent.

Sadly your comments on the questions are in my opinion completely correct - Andy is a good guy and I'm certain has nothing but good intention for the club but I'm sorry to expect written answers to all those questions outside of a discussion meeting is as you say naive in the extreme.

I really don't understand the objectives here - Manwork professes to some insider knowledge suggesting the trust have solid links with the council and this move is likely to block any legitimate favours to KT & DB but goes on to suggest with no land deal and the next being step administration - whilst I'm somewhat sceptical of these progression of events, even if partially true, how the hell can this benefit the club - unless of course there is really a viable white knight wearing trust colours waiting in the wings - even if so it would suggest the trusts actions are somewhat duplicitious and certainly not reflecting the member democracy they state in their mission statement.
Outside all talk of East stand redevelopment (which given the current structure ) is a complete red herring I am modestly optimistic re player and management signings so far - of course the moaners will moan but it still doesn't strike me as the action of a club dead in the water so I'll still go for my e/w bet at 16.1 to finish top..........
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2021, 21:31:25 pm »

Is it not newsworthy??
12 people having a chat online have decided they are not happy with events at Sixseats? Im just wondering why its not in the Chronic myself? Although by using that standard for relevant newsworthiness the pages of this forum should be headlining on the Washington Post?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2021, 21:39:03 pm »

By the way for the sake of balance as a member I fully endorse the meetings with Tracey Crouch and St Pauli which were both excellent initiatives in my opinion. Thanks for asking.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2021, 21:59:47 pm »

By the way for the sake of balance as a member I fully endorse the meetings with Tracey Crouch and St Pauli which were both excellent initiatives in my opinion. Thanks for asking.
Hamburg SV all the way.
https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/rangers-and-hsv-enter-club-partnership/68dtIhjgBv7ljtzkffl5qD
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2021, 16:16:29 pm »

Any feedback about KT/DB's plans for us out of towners?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: