The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:36:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Next week's open house

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next week's open house  (Read 9915 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2021, 21:04:52 pm »

This is your opinion, I’ll say it again, in the eyes of the decision makers they are very relevant.

I’m confused why you would think that - or am I being dim ........
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2021, 21:26:17 pm »

Just when I was starting to think the Trust had started to engage positively they do this.
They have no position of strength to insist or dictate the method of engagement with the club. They are on the outside and if they want to be allow inside they need to be flexible and make concessions.
The club asked for questions. You provided them. They offered a call to discuss them, you should have accepted not responded like this.
There has been far too many written statements, the fact you recently had an actual call with them was a huge step forward and now you want to go back to written statements. You can get so much more context from an actual discussion than you can in statement tennis.
Unfortunately I think you have taken the positive step forward and shot yourself in the foot and hobbled back 3 or 4 steps.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2021, 21:35:23 pm »

Just when I was starting to think the Trust had started to engage positively they do this.
They have no position of strength to insist or dictate the method of engagement with the club. They are on the outside and if they want to be allow inside they need to be flexible and make concessions.
The club asked for questions. You provided them. They offered a call to discuss them, you should have accepted not responded like this.
There has been far too many written statements, the fact you recently had an actual call with them was a huge step forward and now you want to go back to written statements. You can get so much more context from an actual discussion than you can in statement tennis.
Unfortunately I think you have taken the positive step forward and shot yourself in the foot and hobbled back 3 or 4 steps.

Quite right, good post.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2021, 21:35:51 pm »

Hahahah pathetic, it’s you who are on the outside, soon to be gone aye James?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2021, 21:38:10 pm »

Quite right, good post.
No it’s not, FFS wake up and smell the coffee, why do you think the trust are doing this? Why are the club having an open day after 6 fûcking years, a coincidence?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2021, 21:39:18 pm »

Hahahah pathetic, it’s you who are on the outside, soon to be gone aye James?
No idea who you think I am, but please explain how the Trust are not on the outside, and have any strength to dictate terms on engagement with KT or the club
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2021, 21:39:45 pm »

Indeed. Very disappointing.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2021, 22:03:20 pm »

Just shows how far detached the Trust are from the far base.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2021, 22:13:40 pm »

No it’s not, FFS wake up and smell the coffee, why do you think the trust are doing this? Why are the club having an open day after 6 fûcking years, a coincidence?

I just think the Trust lost a lot of credibility by not having the zoom meeting, if you want to know something talk to the people who have the answers.
You are suggesting big events unfolding behind the scenes and you may be right, but, along with 99% of supporters I have no idea what you are talking about.
KT and Co. were never going to spend the 'ring fenced' money on the East Stand until the land deal was sorted and who would expect them to? That would make no business sense and since the pandemic started common sense prevented spending.
By the way I can't stand the smell of coffee roasting and that seems to be where we are at the moment, unless you care to enlighten us?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2021, 22:27:25 pm »

I just think the Trust lost a lot of credibility by not having the zoom meeting, if you want to know something talk to the people who have the answers.
You are suggesting big events unfolding behind the scenes and you may be right, but, along with 99% of supporters I have no idea what you are talking about.
KT and Co. were never going to spend the 'ring fenced' money on the East Stand until the land deal was sorted and who would expect them to? That would make no business sense and since the pandemic started common sense prevented spending.
By the way I can't stand the smell of coffee roasting and that seems to be where we are at the moment, unless you care to enlighten us?
I’d love to enlighten everyone but it’s not my place or information.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2021, 22:31:41 pm »

I’m confused why you would think that - or am I being dim ........
Your not being dim mate, believe me the council and the Trust are closer than the haters on here make out.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2021, 22:43:01 pm »

Haters? What a juvenile expression.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2021, 23:02:00 pm »

If the majority of opinions on here are representative then the trust are probably irrelevant in the eyes of the owners and that would make them powerless? However they might have the majority of the membership on board, I don’t know? Unfortunately neither do the Trust. Whilst they persist with this strategy they, and by definition the support base will probably influence nothing and that is unfortunate. I genuinely wish things were different.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2021, 06:39:42 am »

Your not being dim mate, believe me the council and the Trust are closer than the haters on here make out.

Unlike you, I believe the majority of any big reveal, will just bog everything down even further, leading us into a deeper hole. Plus, their is genuinely a reason why it would be really wise to make sure you don’t live in a glass house, before casting a stone. I'm taking my seat firmly on the fence.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:08 am »

from what I heard the club wanted a public zoom call with them controlling the narrative.

Still don't understand why KT and DB get unquestioned support whilst the Trust get knocked and questioned regarding their actions time and time again.

The Trust are genuine die in the wool Cobblers fans, who want the best for their football club.

We have for the last 16 years had owners who have broken promises after promises, kept supporters in the dark, lied, covered-up info, allowed the ground and everything around it to literally rot, have no real progress on the pitch, loaded the club with millions of debt without anything to show for it, taken money in the name of the club which the club or town have not benefited from, have no business plan, have not produced credible plans for the East stand, etc etc and of course had a total focus of developing the land that the 105 year lease sit on.

Suddenly as some important information has come to light and after KT wanted the Trust to support his land deal with absolutely NO information or detail, after 6 years KT decides to show us some , almost meaningless CGI images. That he said THEY HAD HAD FOR A WHILE !!!!!!! He didn't think it was worth show us fans !!!!! and some are happy with that.

In the meantime the Trust ask some questions and it's them in the wrong for actually wanted some answers. I would think they wanted it in writing as KT has a big history of talking a lot of bullsh@t and squirming out of promises and understandings.

Those defending KT please let me know why I should support him more, the smiling Cardoza??

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2021, 07:54:27 am »

Will Kelvin be at the open meeting or will he be appearing via zoom ?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2021, 09:19:32 am »

from what I heard the club wanted a public zoom call with them controlling the narrative.

Still don't understand why KT and DB get unquestioned support whilst the Trust get knocked and questioned regarding their actions time and time again.

The Trust are genuine die in the wool Cobblers fans, who want the best for their football club.

We have for the last 16 years had owners who have broken promises after promises, kept supporters in the dark, lied, covered-up info, allowed the ground and everything around it to literally rot, have no real progress on the pitch, loaded the club with millions of debt without anything to show for it, taken money in the name of the club which the club or town have not benefited from, have no business plan, have not produced credible plans for the East stand, etc etc and of course had a total focus of developing the land that the 105 year lease sit on.

Suddenly as some important information has come to light and after KT wanted the Trust to support his land deal with absolutely NO information or detail, after 6 years KT decides to show us some , almost meaningless CGI images. That he said THEY HAD HAD FOR A WHILE !!!!!!! He didn't think it was worth show us fans !!!!! and some are happy with that.

In the meantime the Trust ask some questions and it's them in the wrong for actually wanted some answers. I would think they wanted it in writing as KT has a big history of talking a lot of bullsh@t and squirming out of promises and understandings.

Those defending KT please let me know why I should support him more, the smiling Cardoza??
Personally I'm not saying you should and the fans and the Trust have every right to ask questions and expect answers. My issue is the Trust had a way of getting the answers through a Zoom call. Ok it might not be the way they wanted but it was a way. Now they have publicly closed that door so therefore the questions will go unanswered.
As I said in a previous post I think written statements have lead to, or at least exacerbated some of the situation as its very difficult to get context and sometimes clarity is needed that can only come from a 2 way conversation. A zoom call, followed by a joint statement surely was the best way forward. Unless the club refused anything written after the call.

Its good to talk!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2021, 11:24:56 am »

Personally I'm not saying you should and the fans and the Trust have every right to ask questions and expect answers. My issue is the Trust had a way of getting the answers through a Zoom call. Ok it might not be the way they wanted but it was a way. Now they have publicly closed that door so therefore the questions will go unanswered.
As I said in a previous post I think written statements have lead to, or at least exacerbated some of the situation as its very difficult to get context and sometimes clarity is needed that can only come from a 2 way conversation. A zoom call, followed by a joint statement surely was the best way forward. Unless the club refused anything written after the call.

Its good to talk!
Regards context and clarity... I think you have it the wrong way around. Written english is far less easily manipulated than a two way verbal conversation.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2021, 11:27:54 am »

I haven’t a clue what’s going on here and not taking sides but if people take the trouble to actually read the Trust‘s compilation of questions whilst they are generally reasonable they are also context related and if people believe a simple sentence reply will be sufficient they are in my opinion being naive - surely a minuted face to face (or Zoom call) would have been the way forward.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2021, 11:30:49 am »

Regards context and clarity... I think you have it the wrong way around. Written english is far less easily manipulated than a two way verbal conversation.

Agreed which is why you Minute and record the call - the problem with simple written answers is they almost always provoke a response for clarity and more information
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: