The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:54:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Next week's open house

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next week's open house  (Read 9953 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2021, 14:29:11 pm »

"So I’ve had a few spats with Random but to step in his shoes for a moment I genuinely don’t think it’s KT the man he hates - rather any out of town owner that he believes is more interested in return on investment than the benefits to the club - I still believe we may get both but I don’t think he shares that view",

I sort of agree CW, I am very happy for any owner, local or foreign to get a return on investment PROVIDING it is by building, improving and developing the club rather than by mainly asset stripping the land around the ground.

I'm not getting any younger so just so frustrated that KT came in with £4m to spend and just wasted 6 years of my life with broken promises and spin.

Also I would help out any way I could to help make it happen. As I said I know what is possible, just wish there was more belief from our owners and fans about what we could achieve.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2021, 14:29:50 pm »

In the meantime I could see that nothing was changing off the pitch, KT had promised the £4m and I foolishly thought with new owners talking about community and growth and development, things were going to change. But nothing did. I said to Fez at York away (23 Feb 2016) that KT will not build that stand. All the staff members that had watched over DC's actions and been employed by him, all remained, not one change. Perhaps I was impatient then but I have certainly been proved 'right' (please do not take that as gloating)

I do remember that York game and you saying that - but I have to say I was thoroughly enjoying the football that night  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2021, 14:30:51 pm »

yeah even their goal was stunning  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2021, 17:02:14 pm »

At the time I said to DC that I am his biggest fan and his biggest critic. Remember I was one, along with manwork, that was publicly threatened with libel action, but after that meeting with him, continued to 'work' at the club.

And me. Threatened 3 times by DC. Then a further few times by some of the others allegedly involved in the missing money.

There was a time when the HE was getting threatened by the hour 😀😀

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2021, 18:11:56 pm »

And me. Threatened 3 times by DC. Then a further few times by some of the others allegedly involved in the missing money.

There was a time when the HE was getting threatened by the hour 😀😀

Couldn't argue with the facts though could they?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2021, 18:39:52 pm »

yeah even their goal was stunning  Smiley
As you know Random I have been a bit vocal in criticising you in the past, but you have done far more for the club than I have or ever will. I didn’t realise, so respect to you and I’ll bear that in mind moving forward.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest168

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2021, 21:13:17 pm »

Thanks Melbourne, it is appreciated but it is fine, it is not about me, I only posted that info because you asked.

My other claim to fame is I provided (free) the office chair that DC done his famous cupboard videos on  Grin Grin Grin

Little things make the big differences (except in the case of Sam Hoskins  Grin )   

UTC

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2021, 22:05:03 pm »

Couldn't argue with the facts though could they?  Grin

There was a time when I/we wasn’t sure who’s comments they were going to pick up on next. We had three different lawyers on the case about posts on here. Then it went silent. And has been since. Other than one dick who came after one of us. He doesn’t realise his time is definitely coming though. 😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2021, 07:59:15 am »

I know you have shared before how involved you have been in the past Random but this was a lot more detail. Always good to get a sneak at what happens behind the scenes and its extremely disappointing to hear the volunteers didn't / dont get the respect they deserve. Not at football but I have worked with volunteers before and all the staff always looked after them for two reasons. One they are there out of love for the thing they are doing, and two, if they didnt do those jobs we would have to and no one wanted to  Grin

I can only assume that the reason the staff came out so strongly isn't related to the club as even people like me who 'support' KT can see that there is very limited progress, but due to how he has looked after them financially. He has paid them on time (as far as I am aware), which fair enough is his job, but after not being paid on time must be a huge relief, and also topped up their salaries during Covid, again remove a financial stress.

Manwork.... I'll give you in this post I sound like James but I assure you im not  Cool Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2021, 08:30:23 am »

My impression of KT is that he's fundamentally a decent bloke. Everyone at the club seems to like him and I think he genuinely wants to do the right thing by his employees which, while you could say it's the least you could expect, is actually a good measure of a man (see also: how someone speaks to those serving him in a restaurant or shop).

On the odd occasion I spoke to Cardoza he was polite but awkward, standoffish and it was clear he didn't really want to talk to you. I've never personally spoken to KT; I have smiled and nodded as I've passed him and he returns the gesture, but I have seen him on many occasions having a laugh and a joke with other supporters and he always seems very happy to engage with them. Turning on the charm, hollow gestures? Maybe, but I don't get that feeling.

However, he's also a businessman and, unlike us, has to have a degree of objectivity. I think he'll do what he says he will, only within his timescales and not ours. While that may frustrate us at times, we need to remember it's easy to spend other people's money!

I don't think KT does himself any favours at times with the spin he churns out - I think it's done to placate rather than to mislead, but people aren't stupid and they recognise a bit of guff when they hear it. Unfortunately a lot of people will, upon recognising spin, assume it's a deception of some sort and start second guessing what's really going on. Sometimes it's better just to say "the update is we have no update" rather than issue forth a load of hot air to try and make everyone realise how busy you've been. Again, people recognise waffle and assume it's there to obfuscate the truth. Sometimes, it really is just waffle though!

That's all just my opinion. I've nothing to back that up, but the fact I read him as being pretty much a nice guy buys him quite a lot of slack from me.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest168

« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2021, 11:38:22 am »

yeah Woody, it is difficult as you would come in on matchday, which for full-time staff / management is obviously their busiest and most stressful day.

We had a good team of around 6 / 7 volunteers selling programmes / 50-50 sellers, yes some were not vocal or the most glamorous but I maintain from a business point of view was the most effective. Programme selling is the worst job at the club as you are outside, in all weathers, in the dark, responsible for money, with minimum equipment etc, you are also away from any of the action re players etc. Compare that to the many many security staff we had on main reception at times, all paid, all eating and drinking, meeting and talking with players, VIPs etc etc. Different job I know

Club preferred to have paid staff I think as they thought they could 'motivate' them better to sell more. Not sure that worked plus programmes are far less relevant in today's instant news via social media.

The volunteers didn't ask for much and over time they did get slight more acknowledgement and invited to the end of Season dinner.

When you read about really successful clubs, especially those that are 'overachieving' they all talk about everyone being a very valued member of the team, from the tea lady to the Chairman. Sense of community and pulling toward certainly worked that amazing season with Wilder.
Harder to get the wider community of Northampton involved when we have the £10m loan fiasco and a real lack of promised development as that is all they see & know. Let alone the spates between fans, Trust, staff and owners.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2021, 12:02:19 pm »

The only thing of would say BOTN is that actions speak much louder than words !!!!

If KT is so nice and accommodating why did he insist that he would only takeover if the Trust released their place on the board?  What didn't he want them to know going forward?

Off-shore accounts, off-shore companies, Chinese investment money and agreements Huh?Huh?Huh?  Just asking!
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2021, 13:32:44 pm »

yeah Woody, it is difficult as you would come in on matchday, which for full-time staff / management is obviously their busiest and most stressful day.

We had a good team of around 6 / 7 volunteers selling programmes / 50-50 sellers, yes some were not vocal or the most glamorous but I maintain from a business point of view was the most effective. Programme selling is the worst job at the club as you are outside, in all weathers, in the dark, responsible for money, with minimum equipment etc, you are also away from any of the action re players etc. Compare that to the many many security staff we had on main reception at times, all paid, all eating and drinking, meeting and talking with players, VIPs etc etc. Different job I know

Club preferred to have paid staff I think as they thought they could 'motivate' them better to sell more. Not sure that worked plus programmes are far less relevant in today's instant news via social media.

The volunteers didn't ask for much and over time they did get slight more acknowledgement and invited to the end of Season dinner.

When you read about really successful clubs, especially those that are 'overachieving' they all talk about everyone being a very valued member of the team, from the tea lady to the Chairman. Sense of community and pulling toward certainly worked that amazing season with Wilder.
Harder to get the wider community of Northampton involved when we have the £10m loan fiasco and a real lack of promised development as that is all they see & know. Let alone the spates between fans, Trust, staff and owners.

I used to do the 50/50 tickets when I was at School. I remember designing a logo for posters and lost all interest when the club suggested I could pay for the printing my self  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2021, 17:14:53 pm »

yep I remember you mate  Smiley

and yes i remember them saying that too. Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2021, 19:33:38 pm »

I know you have shared before how involved you have been in the past Random but this was a lot more detail. Always good to get a sneak at what happens behind the scenes and its extremely disappointing to hear the volunteers didn't / dont get the respect they deserve. Not at football but I have worked with volunteers before and all the staff always looked after them for two reasons. One they are there out of love for the thing they are doing, and two, if they didnt do those jobs we would have to and no one wanted to  Grin

I can only assume that the reason the staff came out so strongly isn't related to the club as even people like me who 'support' KT can see that there is very limited progress, but due to how he has looked after them financially. He has paid them on time (as far as I am aware), which fair enough is his job, but after not being paid on time must be a huge relief, and also topped up their salaries during Covid, again remove a financial stress.

Manwork.... I'll give you in this post I sound like James but I assure you im not  Cool Grin
Thanks James 😉
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: