The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:13:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Trust statement on club finances

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trust statement on club finances  (Read 35214 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2021, 13:48:22 pm »

TBH the letter answers nothing it’s more hot air, posting it on Twitter is also not very helpful IMO.

It’s now all out war between the club and the Trust, it’s all very undignified and quite frankly embarrassing.

There’s never any smoke without fire, conversely the Trust need to make public all they know and in layman’s terms so fans can get there heads around it.

If I was KT and these were false accusations I would sue them.

Have they actually made any accusations? There has been a lot of inuendo and rumours, but I'm not sure anything libelous has come from the Trust(maybe a few comments on here are close though).
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2021, 13:52:13 pm »

Have they actually made any accusations? There has been a lot of inuendo and rumours, but I'm not sure anything libelous has come from the Trust(maybe a few comments on here are close though).
It needs to end, one way or another.
I don’t think anyone on here has said they have broken the law TBF.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2021, 14:09:38 pm »

Fully agree with this, whether you believe KT or the Trust this bickering needs to stop, if the Trust aren't careful and don't play this right this could end up finishing them. I have been critical of the trusts actions, however, we need a Trust so this needs sorting out quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2021, 14:19:40 pm »

Fully agree with this, whether you believe KT or the Trust this bickering needs to stop, if the Trust aren't careful and don't play this right this could end up finishing them. I have been critical of the trusts actions, however, we need a Trust so this needs sorting out quickly.
+1
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2021, 14:20:27 pm »

Headline - 'Club Chairman sues own supporters trust'

Whilst I agree in principle and get the wider point you're making, he simply wouldn't do that

I think he has given them enough rope.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2021, 14:42:02 pm »

Let's be honest about this. The whole thing has obviously been orchestrated by a party or parties unknown who obviously have a grudge against the club and it's current owners. However this cannot become the start fo the finish for The Trust. The Trust can and should work with the club for the benefit of the fans, but The Trust in it's present guise is making itself look very foolish. For The Trust to continue there has to be some serious changes and the egos that are there now need to be put in check. I for one would be unhappy if The Trust were to disappear.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2021, 14:47:31 pm »

Maybe start another organisation, a rival trust. In the mists of time didn't Sixfields Travel form out of disillusioned Trust Travel Club punters?

Absurd? I reckon I've read worse on here
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2021, 16:25:19 pm »

Let's be honest about this. The whole thing has obviously been orchestrated by a party or parties unknown who obviously have a grudge against the club and it's current owners. However this cannot become the start fo the finish for The Trust. The Trust can and should work with the club for the benefit of the fans, but The Trust in it's present guise is making itself look very foolish. For The Trust to continue there has to be some serious changes and the egos that are there now need to be put in check. I for one would be unhappy if The Trust were to disappear.

Yep, yep and yep!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2021, 16:54:37 pm »

I don’t think for one minute the Trust board are completely unified over this issue anyway let alone the support base, if they are it will be the first board in history? Perhaps it has been marginalised by 2 or 3 individuals. The main issue I remain to have is that given the discussions I have had with other members I don’t believe it represents the majority view of its membership. I also believe that the board have tried to put a veneer of compliance with its mission statement by appearing to do the right thing rather than actually doing the right thing. This defence of using the statement “in the opinion of the board” as justification for apparently acting in the interests of the members doesn’t follow in the spirit of the organisation IMO. I mean WTF, that just gives licence for the board to do what it wants when it wants without reproach and that’s nonsense. It’s the subjective commentary to vindicate their actions that I find controversial, such as “many” members and the like. There is rarely if ever any exact quantification with regards to the endorsement of the membership to any action to support it. Even on the pages of this thread the “opinion of the board” defence has been used.

As an example if this is wrong then I would ask the board of the trust to quantify exactly how many members endorsed its withdrawal of support for the development. This would then justify the “in the opinion of the board” precedent to support this action. If they can’t or won’t and the board truly believe that this is in the true spirit of the organisation then I am afraid IMO it is lost. This has been coming for a while and is going to end in tears, and I don’t think it’s the clubs owners or “many” members that will need the Kleenex either.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:11:13 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3359

« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2021, 09:30:55 am »

Please please please tell me the Trust haven't gone to any media outlet trying to get a dirt piece written.
Is the relationship that bad that you would sh1t on the owners from that high. What would it achieve? "oh look were in the Daily Star, we better sell the club to the Trust for a £1 and grovel". Or would it push them even further to say F*ck it and sell to any idiot like we've seen at far too many clubs.
If you had real dirt you should have gone to the Police, HMRC, council... any authority. Clearly you didn't so what was the desired outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2021, 09:35:32 am »

Please please please tell me the Trust haven't gone to any media outlet trying to get a dirt piece written.
Is the relationship that bad that you would sh1t on the owners from that high. What would it achieve? "oh look were in the Daily Star, we better sell the club to the Trust for a £1 and grovel". Or would it push them even further to say F*ck it and sell to any idiot like we've seen at far too many clubs.
If you had real dirt you should have gone to the Police, HMRC, council... any authority. Clearly you didn't so what was the desired outcome.
I agree, but what would you think if they haven't but the club are telling it otherwise!
Is there at this stage a definitive answer to that, it needs to be known if there is?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2021, 09:40:38 am »

I agree, but what would you think if they haven't but the club are telling it otherwise!
Is there at this stage a definitive answer to that, it needs to be known if there is?

Well its very difficult for the trust to prove the negative (that they didn't go to the press for a hit piece).  They should confirm or deny though.

If they deny, then i would say that the onus lies with the club to provide actual evidence that they did
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2021, 09:44:22 am »

If the Trust have evidence of wrong doing, if they publicly state that they haven't contacted any local or national media, then they will have my backing.
I don't want to see the evidence, but I would like to know they have gone to the correct authorities.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2021, 10:25:03 am »

I doubt we'll get an answer to this. IF the Trust did go to the press to try and trigger a hatchet job then they won't want to admit to it, but if they deny it and IF the club really do have the evidence described in the letter then they would have carte blanche to release it, prove the Trust were lying and win the war.

If the club make the first move and release the "evidence" then they will be seen as the aggressor and it won't do them any favours as they are attacking their own supporters Trust.

The only way I can see anything coming out is if the letter is a complete fake and either the club or the Trust or both announce it as such. The fact that hasn't happened makes me think the letter is legit (I'm not commenting on whether what it says is true, just that it probably really was a letter from the club to the Trust).

Otherwise it's Catch-22, stalemate, call it what you will - it's a move no one will want to make.

Either way, it's a pretty sorry situation that no one comes out of well, even before you get to question of how the person on Twitter got hold of a copy...
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2021, 10:28:48 am »

I believe the club are insinuating they have been told by journalists, bit of a risk to make that up if it isn’t true? I would suggest either the club or the Trust have a real problem coming.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2021, 10:42:59 am »

I believe the club are insinuating they have been told by journalists, bit of a risk to make that up if it isn’t true? I would suggest either the club or the Trust have a real problem coming.
If the trust have done this then they need winding up and a new supporters trust not tarnished by the old one needs forming.

If the trust can prove there has been wrongdoing from the club then they have every right to make their findings public to the supporters of the club and continue as is.

This can’t be brushed under the carpet
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2021, 10:50:38 am »

If the trust have done this then they need winding up and a new supporters trust not tarnished by the old one needs forming.

If the trust can prove there has been wrongdoing from the club then they have every right to make their findings public to the supporters of the club and continue as is.

This can’t be brushed under the carpet

Completely agree. I guess there is one other option - if this did happen and it can be traced back to one individual acting on their own then the Trust could (and I'd argue should) just throw that individual under the bus. I hasten to add I know nothing about it this is the case or not! I do get the impression there are factions within the Trust though and I don't think all of those factions are particularly helpful, so it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, particularly as I genuinely believe the majority of the Trust are well intentioned.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2021, 10:54:23 am »

It’s not difficult to work out which “journalists” have told them, I don’t think we have to look that far TBH.

The letter in question, now how did that find its way onto Twitter?
There’s only two ways, from the club or the recipient, this really is turning nasty.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2021, 11:29:23 am »

It’s not difficult to work out which “journalists” have told them, I don’t think we have to look that far TBH.

The letter in question, now how did that find its way onto Twitter?
There’s only two ways, from the club or the recipient, this really is turning nasty.

Letter thing is pretty clear.

Fan asked for info, club shared with fan, fan puts on Twitter.

No real issue from me as the club said they're happy to share any comms they've had with the Trust to anybody that asks as they feel like they've done nothing wrong and happy to be transparent - which people kick them for.

My issue is it should all be played out and sorted out behind closed doors, this is doing nobody any good and neither side comes out with any real credit.

The trust should rightly scrutinise the club but there is a way of going about things and my view is the Trust have the tone wrong and the approach wrong.

The club should have been more clear earlier and should have been more open and honest all along, we'd probably never have got to this point if that was the case.

Overall, both at fault and roll on the actual football.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2021, 11:46:17 am »

Storm in a tea cup springs to mind.
The only thing really coming out of this is that the Trust are clearly not currently a cohesive and well run organisation, who represent their membership and definitely not the common fan.
You can think what you will but I don't believe for one second that the club are making these allegations up about the press. I also don't believe they were behind the publication of the letter, although this isn't known. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the nationals have been knocking on the door armed with information, which the club clearly know came from the Trust...or individual(s) deeply embedded in the Trust.
If the letter doesn't actually exist then there are some people about a lot sadder than I thought.

Silence from both parties is probably the best option.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: