The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:35:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Trust statement on club finances

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trust statement on club finances  (Read 35217 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #700 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:07 am »

Grin That is SO going to annoy a certain other customer

Grin Grin It will…  We have to be fair though. Manwork has really up his game since he won the Trust boards brown noser of the year award. 😜😜
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #701 on: July 27, 2021, 11:29:09 am »

For the attention of "Back of the Net"
Re the East Stand, NTFC said on 25th June 2021 "We are positive about the direction we are heading and felt confident enough that a few months ago we were able to commission these conceptual images to show both the council, supporters and stakeholders what we are trying to achieve with the East Stand". It is a know fact that the plans displayed at the Open Evening are over 5 years old, so isn't that statement a little misleading ?
No idea. Do we definitely "know" they are over 5 years old? That's a genuine question by the way, I haven't seen where that has been proven beyond the odd person saying they look the same as ones that other people saw years ago.

The drawings were first issued on 11th Feb 2016

OK. So maybe they dusted off some old images, but again this is the same thing other people have mentioned where those criticising the club (or the Trust for that matter) just state something as fact without citing where it's come from and expect everyone else to just accept it as gospel. Do the images have date stamps on them? Do you have copies attached to an email from 11th Feb 2016? If so, are they identical or have they been tarted up a bit?

I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just looking for clarification. If the images are 100% identical to ones that were released over 5 years ago then yes, I'm more than happy to admit that it's a little misleading for KT to say they were commissioned a few months ago if they weren't.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #702 on: July 27, 2021, 12:43:15 pm »

OK. So maybe they dusted off some old images, but again this is the same thing other people have mentioned where those criticising the club (or the Trust for that matter) just state something as fact without citing where it's come from and expect everyone else to just accept it as gospel. Do the images have date stamps on them? Do you have copies attached to an email from 11th Feb 2016? If so, are they identical or have they been tarted up a bit?

I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just looking for clarification. If the images are 100% identical to ones that were released over 5 years ago then yes, I'm more than happy to admit that it's a little misleading for KT to say they were commissioned a few months ago if they weren't.
I have copies which state "First Issued 11/02/2016". They are identical to the ones displayed by NTFC at the Open Evening  apart from the date has been removed on the Open Evening ones.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #703 on: July 27, 2021, 12:55:06 pm »

I have copies which state "First Issued 11/02/2016". They are identical to the ones displayed by NTFC at the Open Evening  apart from the date has been removed on the Open Evening ones.

But as I said yesterday aren't you talking about two different things.  You, I believe, are talking about the plans.  Whereas it was said the Conceptual Images are new.  The conceptual images are the 3 photographic style images they presented.  If you are saying these are 5 years old then you have a point.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #704 on: July 27, 2021, 13:03:14 pm »

But as I said yesterday aren't you talking about two different things.  You, I believe, are talking about the plans.  Whereas it was said the Conceptual Images are new.  The conceptual images are the 3 photographic style images they presented.  If you are saying these are 5 years old then you have a point.
The 30 second CGI was new, the plans are old. So OK, I'll admit that there is progress on the East Stand, we have a 30 second CGI commissioned.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #705 on: July 27, 2021, 13:05:44 pm »

I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just looking for clarification. If the images are 100% identical to ones that were released over 5 years ago then yes, I'm more than happy to admit that it's a little misleading
for KT to say they were commissioned a few months ago if they weren't.
It’s a outrageous lie.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #706 on: July 27, 2021, 13:09:12 pm »

just more smoke and mirrors from Mr Thomas and treating fans with........
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 27, 2021, 13:12:55 pm »

just more smoke and mirrors from Mr Thomas and treating fans with........
He’s done it since his first toe curling PowerPoint presentation on his favourite subject the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #708 on: July 27, 2021, 13:20:35 pm »

The 30 second CGI was new, the plans are old. So OK, I'll admit that there is progress on the East Stand, we have a 30 second CGI commissioned.
Or you could look at it that the conceptual plans are now firmed up which is why they are happy to produce the CGI images for fans. Which is something he has repeated for a long time that they wouldnt share images in case things changed.
I dont agree with it, I think fans should have been shown them 5 years ago and then they could have presented any changes needed now.
But just another way of looking at the same coin
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #709 on: July 27, 2021, 13:33:24 pm »

Random & Manny we get it you don't trust him or believe anything he says. It doesn't alter the fact that he is the Chairman and they are the owners we have. It doesn't matter whether anyone trusts him or not at the end of the day we as fans need to work with him and the board to ensure we still have a club at the end of this. Like we have said many times if there is legitimate proof of wrong doing then get it to the proper authorities if not then the Trust has to come up with a way of working with him for the best outcome for the club. Yes there is nothing to stop him getting the deal he wants with the council and walking away leaving us to financially implode but unless fans and the Trust work closely with him then we won't be prepared when and if it does happen. If the Trust feels it cannot work with the board then we need another fans group that can, I am sure you are right like Cardoza they are here for the land deal, so what, we are all here for the Club which means we need to work with the board as closely as possible to get the best outcome for NTFC. If the trust and the fans work with them and get close they at least stand more chance of getting a better outcome for the Club.

We get that he isn't in it for his love of the Cobblers, but there is more chance of him walking away with a profit and us walking away with a club if some sort of agreement between KT and The Trust can be reached, remember the saying keep your friends close but your enemiies closer!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 27, 2021, 13:55:14 pm »

Well, hang on, you were complaining that the club was passing off 5 year old stuff as new, but it was the plans that were 5 years old and the CGI images were in fact new, which is the only thing the club claimed to be new, right?

From your own post:

NTFC said on 25th June 2021 "We are positive about the direction we are heading and felt confident enough that a few months ago we were able to commission these conceptual images to show both the council, supporters and stakeholders what we are trying to achieve with the East Stand"

I'll grant you, banging out some new CGI images isn't great progress in 5 years, but that's not what you were saying. Personally, I don't care if the plans are 5 years old or 10 years old, if they are still functional then why would you commission new ones? It would be an utter waste of money.

You were implying the club were being disingenuous when they weren't, which I'm really not comfortable with.

If instead you'd said "KT presented 5 year old plans and just tarted them up with a few new flashy images. That's pretty poor progress in 5 years, isn't it?" then I'd wholeheartedly agree with you!

Report Spam   Logged

claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #711 on: July 27, 2021, 14:09:58 pm »

You were implying the club were being disingenuous when they weren't, which I'm really not comfortable with.

If instead you'd said "KT presented 5 year old plans and just tarted them up with a few new flashy images. That's pretty poor progress in 5 years, isn't it?" then I'd wholeheartedly agree with you!

This sums up the last few pages for me.

In recent weeks, some posters have progressed from 'KT is doing a crap job' to 'KT is outright lying' and similar (sometimes more serious) suggestions & allegations. When it comes to the latter, you have to be ready to stand behind what you're saying. If you can't, your credibility is undermined. It doesn't mean you're wrong, it just makes it far more difficult for you to bring people on board.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 27, 2021, 14:15:57 pm »

This sums up the last few pages for me.

In recent weeks, some posters have progressed from 'KT is doing a crap job' to 'KT is outright lying' and similar (sometimes more serious) suggestions & allegations. When it comes to the latter, you have to be ready to stand behind what you're saying. If you can't, your credibility is undermined. It doesn't mean you're wrong, it just makes it far more difficult for you to bring people on board.

Precisely!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #713 on: July 27, 2021, 14:48:57 pm »

Well, hang on, you were complaining that the club was passing off 5 year old stuff as new, but it was the plans that were 5 years old and the CGI images were in fact new, which is the only thing the club claimed to be new, right?

From your own post:

I'll grant you, banging out some new CGI images isn't great progress in 5 years, but that's not what you were saying. Personally, I don't care if the plans are 5 years old or 10 years old, if they are still functional then why would you commission new ones? It would be an utter waste of money.

I agree with everything you say BOTN, but I would add that the claim did not come from the Trust, and it's their statement that this thread is about.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 27, 2021, 15:04:22 pm »

I agree with everything you say BOTN, but I would add that the claim did not come from the Trust, and it's their statement that this thread is about.

Agreed and understood.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 27, 2021, 15:06:14 pm »

Have any of you thought where the information has come from?
And why the proof isn’t yet available to the public.
FFS don’t look for a job in the secret service.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #716 on: July 27, 2021, 15:14:05 pm »

What information, specifically?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #717 on: July 27, 2021, 15:14:25 pm »

I'm going to go with....
because there isn't any evidence of wrong doing, just a way the Trust arent happy with, so they dropped just enough information and in a way to try and create anger in the supporter base after their underhanded attempt to get a scoop in the red tops didnt work.

There you go, thats my opinion laid out in full
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #718 on: July 27, 2021, 15:17:28 pm »

If you're suggesting what I think you are, I really can't see why anyone would be comfortable posting the substance but not the material itself and/or proof that it exists.

With respect Manny, we've been here before with you implying there's something very exciting that the rest of us don't know about. It wasn't very exciting in the end. Don't look for a job as a shepherd.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #719 on: July 27, 2021, 15:26:45 pm »

Does it come from a disgruntled club employee who is looking for another job (or club) but hasn't found one yet?
Does it come, unofficially, from the constabulary?
Both?
Nether?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: