The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:52:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coventry away 11.08.21 Carabao Cup

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coventry away 11.08.21 Carabao Cup  (Read 10212 times)
OCoole

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2021, 21:20:35 pm »

Two great results to kick the season off! Here's hoping we won't hear any more silly comments about "Calderwood ready in waiting to take over", or whatever else. Back Jon Brady, his management team, and the players. Here's to a good season!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2021, 21:21:44 pm »

Two great results to kick the season off! Here's hoping we won't hear any more silly comments about "Calderwood ready in waiting to take over", or whatever else. Back Jon Brady, his management team, and the players. Here's to a good season!

Hear hear.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2021, 21:50:37 pm »

Great team performance, to a man second half display was outstanding.
Etete is looking the real deal, strong quick and scoring, him and Kabamba will cause L 2 defences a lot of problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Rook Raven

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2021, 21:52:30 pm »

Agree. But was a great tactical switch by Calderwood tonight though. Let’s all join together to celebrate an amazing win!!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2021, 21:55:28 pm »

I’ve missed football  Grin fantastic performance tonight.

Etete could be a top 3 place this season if that level of performance is regular. That was some debut.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2021, 22:29:06 pm »

Found this on Youtube.

Cant see the goals but the fans sound decent.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:58:58 am by Dr Feelgood » Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest49

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2021, 22:30:27 pm »

On that showing we’ll look back on Etete in a few years the same as DCL and Kyle Walker.
Maybe worth a cheeky £500k bid to Spurs  Tongue
If he does that kind of business this season he’ll terrorise a few league two defences and could be quite a coup.
The most pleasing thing tonight is that we didn’t drop deep and face the Alamo after taking the lead. A comfortable close out as I can remember. Pity the goals weren’t at our end. A decent atmosphere for a small crowd.
A few running handbags outside after the final whistle. Some ‘rogue’ out ran one of their plod who gave up.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2021, 00:18:12 am »

Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2021, 00:46:49 am »

Great all round performance and great to see so many familiar faces again. We're back...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3429

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2021, 02:08:25 am »

Great start to the season with bags of possibilities all over the pitch, we could be a handful once we have settled in.

Kneeling is for vacuous brains and losers so lets keep standing tall and focusing on football.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2021, 05:33:58 am »

I'm just glad we have finally moved away from keith curles style of play.........
Long ball - flick on - goal
Long throw - flick on - goal

A joy to watch
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2021, 05:39:28 am »

Another goal from a long throw - a great weapon when you have got it in your armoury .
Etete had quite some debut there and that will send shock waves through the division.
Fantastic to see JB change systems so quickly too - i cannot remember the last manager that did that during a game at this club .
We seem to have good options all over the pitch.
Team spirit must be buzzing and the fans will now be right behind the team which makes so much difference at our club
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2021, 06:37:42 am »

I'm just glad we have finally moved away from keith curles style of play.........
Long ball - flick on - goal
Long throw - flick on - goal

A joy to watch

Grin I’ll nibble.

We’ve got a management team who know how to mix things up. We’ve also got a management team who know the importance of a goal keeper who can actually kick a ball and keep it in play. Based on that alone, it couldn’t be more different from Keith’s style  Grin

Have to agree with your comment B&S about them changing systems so early. I said after 15 mins that the game was winnable but the formation was helping Coventry. The change was something I can’t remember any of the dire managers who have followed Wilder, doing. That alone gives me belief that we’re going to have a good season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3359

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2021, 07:11:29 am »

The Calderwood question baffles me. We have a great management TEAM. All three bring something to hopefully make us successful. I really liked that JB brought Rico into the interview last night to talk about the strikers, it shows they operate as a team.
You can also see the pride he has in the team. Its funny to watch as he tries to talk about how its early, lots of work to do, game on Saturday etc but with a massive smile on his face. I dont think he should play poker.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2021, 08:36:09 am »

No way... that's a goal.... how's that a goal
Grin Grin Grin
Nice little quote from the vlog. Might use that through the season
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2021, 08:51:50 am »

Great all round performance and great to see so many familiar faces again. We're back...

Apart from the Trust fans I found it difficult to recognise many there last night with so many ‘young’ fans there. Most in newly purchased Cobblers shirts. Impressive stuff from them too in the chanting and the semaphore signals to Cov Fans!. Seems like our future is assured!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2021, 08:56:06 am »

With the recent sh*t we’ve had to ensure you’ve just got to embrace the early success. We couldn’t have started any better and we all know there’ll be set backs along the way. Plenty of competition for places but as always injuries could make a big difference.
It’d be great if the fan momentum builds and I don’t think anyone minds some direct play, which is very different to hoof ball. We don’t usually make a habit of coming from behind to win and would also normally end up with backs to the wall, so lots of positives to take.
If we continue on Saturday we could really be onto something. Most of us have been around long enough to know how easily the bubble can be burst so you have to embrace the good nights.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2021, 09:24:00 am »

This is some of the sourest grapes I've come across in a long time.
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/opposition-view-robins-felt-cobblers-didnt-do-anything-to-win-cup-tie-after-absolutely-horrific-goals-3343134
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2021, 09:27:58 am »

Didn't read that as sour grapes.
I read it that he's disappointed in his own players for making it too easy for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2021, 09:37:56 am »

Our second goal was hilariously bad from their perspective, literally bundled in. Kions first was class though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: