The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:50:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Port Vale at home Saturday 7th August 2021

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Port Vale at home Saturday 7th August 2021  (Read 18187 times)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2021, 19:40:38 pm »

What you really mean is he scored the goal that gave us victory. As CF that's his job.

Someone should tell Danny Rose that! now no goals in his last 25 appearances, we could even add the Sileby friendly to that too!.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2021, 19:44:20 pm »

Context Teacher, that's what you are missing.
I gave 7 to my man of the match, so giving 3 to MacGowen in that respect is a more realistic figure imo. If I was going to give my motm 9 then 3 would probably be unfair but I didnt. Why the fcuk would I? If you think our best individual performance today warranted anything more than a 7 we are in for a difficult season.

Agreed.

We battled tooth and nail at home against and average league 2 side who had 10 men for 40 minutes.

Statistically possession was split 50/50, they created 5 more chances, they had more shots both in and outside of the box and we both had two shots on target. They also missed an absolute sitter from three yards.

Whilst you can only beat what’s put in front of you, we will need to do much better against other sides in the division.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2021, 19:54:26 pm »

Don't kick the cat. That is reprehensible behaviour.
I left my back door open one hot sunny night, as I opened the living room door, something scuttled through the cellar door. I then realised that it had p1ssed all over my kitchen units and worktops. That cat deserved the kick that he got.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3063

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2021, 20:02:25 pm »

Saturday 5pm - if we lose.

I didn't expect so much negativity after winning and keeping a clean sheet though  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2021, 20:04:47 pm »

Agreed.

We battled tooth and nail at home against and average league 2 side who had 10 men for 40 minutes.

Statistically possession was split 50/50, they created 5 more chances, they had more shots both in and outside of the box and we both had two shots on target. They also missed an absolute sitter from three yards.

Whilst you can only beat what’s put in front of you, we will need to do much better against other sides in the division.

How do you know they're average? We've only played 1 game.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2021, 20:09:09 pm »

McGowan and Flores are great signings. Very surprised to read the criticism on here.
Purely my failing - I should be used to that on here by now.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2021, 20:09:23 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised to see so much negativity on here. I really enjoyed the game and was impressed by what I thought was an assured, controlled and entertaining team performance. No, it's not the finished article, but it was a damn good start.

For me:

Roberts - next to nothing to do but came for every high ball superbly.
McGowan - I don't see why he's getting panned. Did fine and linked up well going forwards, although was quieter after his booking.
Horsfall - excellent throughout.
Guthrie - dominant in the air and rarely threatened. Was that a punch he threw in the second half?
Mills - pretty solid, led by example.
Donnelly - quick as, didn't always get going but tied up their defenders.
Lewis - apart from the one probing run he put in an understated performance but was Mr Dependable, always in the right place, always picking a pass. Could be a key player for us this year.
Flores - hit and miss, had his moments but didn't really impress.
Pinnock  - did OK, will have easier days.
BAS - didn't do much apart from the goal, but was in the right place at the right time. If he can keep that knack going I'll have no complaints.
Kabamba - just superb. Probably my MOM. Canny, quick, surprisingly good feet for a big man. Will be a crowd favourite in no time.

Rose - did what he was bought on to do; be more mobile than BAS, chase things down and be a nuisance.
McWilliams  - did very well when he came on. Has a real ability for levering players off the ball when starting from behind the opposing player and was unlucky with his shot.
Koiki  - what an exciting player! First time I've seen him and liked what I saw. Should have played Rose in instead of shooting though...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 20:11:03 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2021, 20:16:04 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised to see so much negativity on here. I really enjoyed the game and was impressed by what I thought was an assured, controlled and entertaining team performance. No, it's not the finished article, but it was a damn good start.

For me:

McGowan - I don't see why he's getting panned. Did fine and linked up well going forwards, although was quieter after his booking.
Guthrie - dominant in the air and rarely threatened. Was that a punch he threw in the second half?
Lewis - apart from the one probing run he put in an understated performance but was Mr Dependable, always in the right place, always picking a pass. Could be a key player for us this year.
BAS - didn't do much apart from the goal, but was in the right place at the right time. If he can keep that knack going I'll have no complaints.
Kabamba - just superb. Probably my MOM. Canny, quick, surprisingly good feet for a big man. Will be a crowd favourite in no time.

Rose - did what he was bought on to do; be more mobile than BAS, chase things down and be a nuisance.
McWilliams  - did very well when he came on. Has a real ability for levering players off the ball when starting from behind the opposing player and was unlucky with his shot.
Koiki  - what an exciting player! First time I've seen him and liked what I saw. Should have played Rose in instead of shooting though...

Some common sense at last.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2021, 20:17:49 pm »

BAS 4? The match winner? 4? I’m not his biggest fan but that’s a stupid rating
It’s his opinion FFS it can’t be wrong. Personally BAS shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting eleven his overall contribution isn’t anywhere near acceptable.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2021, 20:18:09 pm »

For me:

Pretty much agree with all of that
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2021, 20:20:42 pm »

I left my back door open one hot sunny night, as I opened the living room door, something scuttled through the cellar door. I then realised that it had p1ssed all over my kitchen units and worktops. That cat deserved the kick that he got.

If you were a cat I dare say you would have pissed over the units of a feline abuser. Cat that you twat.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2021, 20:30:00 pm »

McGowan and Flores are great signings. Very surprised to read the criticism on here.
Purely my failing - I should be used to that on here by now.
Have you seen them play?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2021, 20:38:31 pm »

Have you seen them play?

Come on Manny, we've played 1 game. I could maybe understand it if they were consistently terrible 10 to 15 games in.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2021, 20:45:23 pm »

For me:

Agree with this one. Some of the other comments on here tonight are insane.
McGowan was involved in Everything first half. Mills the same 2nd half.
Play McWilliams from the start for me and surely the Spurs lad would have been  better off the bench than Rose?
Other than that, a great first day at the office. Well done lads.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2021, 20:48:01 pm »

I agree with a lot of Back of the Net’s overview. However, for me BAS had a poor game, miles adrift of winning any headers and that’s why Brady replaced him. Whilst Rose is far from perfect he was a far more effective contributor. Donnelly I’m still not convinced on, clearly has pace but did nothing with the ball. McGowan looks weak defensively and when in possession was crossing from far too deep a position. Pinnock  or Horsfall were MOTM for me. Good start but will need to improve.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2021, 20:54:15 pm »

Have you seen them play?

2/3 times in person. McGowan my MOM vs Forest. It's my opinion so I can't be wrong, right?
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2021, 21:01:35 pm »

I agree with a lot of Back of the Net’s overview. However, for me BAS had a poor game, miles adrift of winning any headers and that’s why Brady replaced him. Whilst Rose is far from perfect he was a far more effective contributor. Donnelly I’m still not convinced on, clearly has pace but did nothing with the ball. McGowan looks weak defensively and when in possession was crossing from far too deep a position. Pinnock  or Horsfall were MOTM for me. Good start but will need to improve.

Poor lad's name is Connolly - both of you!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2021, 21:09:02 pm »

You also agree with me Horsham.
BAS did nothing and Rose was more effective. MacGowen was poor. Our two best performances were from Horsefall and Pinnock.
So does this means me and BOTN also hold a similar opinion?
I don't think so because I've been critisced for calling it a lucky and a poor performance and of being negative, and BOTN thinks it was a damm good start and can't understand the negativity of others!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2021, 21:20:58 pm »

Come on Manny, we've played 1 game. I could maybe understand it if they were consistently terrible 10 to 15 games in.
I really hope they improve but I saw a couple of pre season games too.
We won so I’m happy mate just think Shaun should be in instead of Flores and McGowan is painfully slow and against better teams he will be in trouble, he kind of reminds me of Bucks a bit?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
filbertstreetcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2021, 21:24:54 pm »

Great win for both my sides today! really enjoyed "the squirrells" pre match. thanks to everybody for making me feel welcome.

utc ftpeterborough united.
Report Spam   Logged

brand new northampton fan.come on cobblers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: