The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:00:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Newport Away

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newport Away  (Read 13263 times)
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« on: August 06, 2021, 20:49:43 pm »

Good Evening

Not sure if it’s common knowledge but it appears the Newport v Northampton game due a week on Tuesday is to be rescheduled. The new pitch won’t be ready in time for what would have been the first Newport home game. I’m not too bothered as I couldn’t get there anyway but I hope no one has committed to travel arrangements already.
Hopefully the new date will be one I can get to.

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 20:59:57 pm »

Good Evening

Not sure if it’s common knowledge but it appears the Newport v Northampton game due a week on Tuesday is to be rescheduled. The new pitch won’t be ready in time for what would have been the first Newport home game. I’m not too bothered as I couldn’t get there anyway but I hope no one has committed to travel arrangements already.
Hopefully the new date will be one I can get to.

Phil in Northampton

If that’s true, it’s a fúcking disgrace to leave it so late to tell us. I’ve already booked my holiday around this game, a week in South Wales with 2 nights in Newport. Can I claim compensation from NCFC?
This is absolutely genuine and I’’m absolutely fuming if this is the case. Cúnts, if it’s true. If not, I take it all back.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 21:12:48 pm »

I was unhappy with this but in line with recent events^^^, it's now the best bit of news I've heard all year
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 21:21:35 pm »

How many years now have this tin pot team in Wales been allowed to play at a ground ,  that clearly is not fit for professional football. Maybe they should seriously think about packing up the round ball game altogether,  looking back the best thing they've achieved in the past is going bust.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 21:22:05 pm »

I was unhappy with this but in line with recent events^^^, it's now the best bit of news I've heard all year

Not sure of your angle here administrator. Care to explain.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 21:32:20 pm »

If that’s true, it’s a fúcking disgrace to leave it so late to tell us. I’ve already booked my holiday around this game, a week in South Wales with 2 nights in Newport. Can I claim compensation from NCFC?
This is absolutely genuine and I’’m absolutely fuming if this is the case. Cúnts, if it’s true. If not, I take it all back.

Hope you don’t think this was aimed at you Phil, certainly not, but certainly at Newport FC if true. They could have let us know weeks ago. We only booked a week or so ago.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 21:34:01 pm »

That is a shambles. An absolute shambles.
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 21:42:50 pm »

How many years now have this tin pot team in Wales been allowed to play at a ground ,  that clearly is not fit for professional football. Maybe they should seriously think about packing up the round ball game altogether,  looking back the best thing they've achieved in the past is going bust.
[/quote

Good Evening

I think most Newport fans would agree that the pitch/ground situation isn’t satisfactory. The need for a new pitch to be put in is obvious to all. Previously I would also have pre-booked accommodations and maybe train tickets too, so I can empathise with you Shoemender, it’s not a good situation at all.

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 22:08:00 pm »

Would have struggled with August 17th, so no problem for me.
Never missed a Cobblers game at Rodney Parade!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 22:10:11 pm »

Spend a night in Chepstow...booking two nights in Newport would have been pretty foolish anyway!
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 22:33:02 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/newport_rearrange/

It's true.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2021, 05:12:37 am »

Spend a night in Chepstow...booking two nights in Newport would have been pretty foolish anyway!

Why's that then? We're only sleeping there. Plenty to do and see in and around the area.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 06:28:18 am »

Couldn’t care less. Will go when we eventually play them.

I’ll be down the Den then, for their game against Fulham.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2021, 07:07:25 am »

Couldn’t care less. Will go when we eventually play them.

I’ll be down the Den then, for their game against Fulham.

Well done.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2021, 08:18:11 am »

I can't help thinking you are looking at this through the wrong spectacles. Just think, now you have the chance of TWO visits to Newport on the Usk and once home to Joe Strummer.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 08:22:03 am »

I can't help thinking you are looking at this through the wrong spectacles. Just think, now you have the chance of TWO visits to Newport on the Usk and once home to Joe Strummer.

Good point. Funnily enough I didn't think of it like that. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 09:37:08 am »

Seems that getting into the playoffs meant that the pitch works at Newport got delayed.

Can sympathise with this, as our own playoff run prevented our pitch replacement last year, which clearly caused issues throughout the season.

Not that KCs tactics were affected mind!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 09:42:45 am »

Why's that then? We're only sleeping there. Plenty to do and see in and around the area.
That's fine if you are only driving. Chepstow is far far better though for a number of reasons.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2021, 09:48:33 am »

So you don't recall or even know about their European cup exploits of the early Eighties, against Carl Zeiss Jena among others?
More than the Cobblers have achieved in fairness!
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2021, 09:58:16 am »

Good Morning

Shoemender, I can certainly recommend visiting the Roman site at Caerleon if you enjoy historical things.

https://www.google.com/search?gsas=1&q=Caerleon%20Roman%20Fortress%20Baths%2F%20Caer%20a%20Baddonau%20Rhufeinig%20Caerllion&ibp=gwp%3B0%2C7&ludocid=16576127380464825215&ved=2ahUKEwiV2_W20p7yAhWTkNUKHRh2CwUQv2goAHoECAIQCQ&ictx=1&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&g2lb=2502548%2C2503771%2C2503781%2C4258168%2C4306835%2C4317915%2C4371335%2C4401769%2C4419364%2C4515403%2C4545890%2C4549823%2C4561952%2C4595473%2C4596364%2C4599967%2C4270859%2C4284970

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: