The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:51:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale home 21.08.21

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale home 21.08.21  (Read 17319 times)
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2021, 11:36:46 am »

I certainly hope you have cleared these comments with everblite before posting otherwise I can see you 'deep in it' as a spelunker would say.

Evers is welcome to his opinion, as I hope I am, but if players play badly we should be able to be critical of them.

I really don't know what Evers problem is to be honest, the world thrives on people having different opinions, that's how change comes about. Not I hasten to add that I am suggesting JB should make changes as a result of comments on here, although I am 100% convinced the club read this board.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2021, 12:00:43 pm »

I’m not sure why you’re still buzzing about questioning folks right to have an opinion.

Out the two players I’ve said shouldn’t be near the starting 11, I’ve watched Mills over 30+ games and McGowan over 4.

Please feel free to sit on the fence for another 10 games. Rest assured il drop you multiple ‘I told you so messages’…

As for BAS being a classic example of a player that will come good. I hope you’re right, but I think you might be on your own with this one! He’s played 31 times for us and contributed very little. As I said to you in another thread, I agree he will start the first game of the season, but I think that will be the first and last. The way things are heading it looks like I was correct.

McGowan is highly proven in this league, was player of the season at Morecambe a few years back and he's still very young. No reason why he wont come good for us; I accept he's been pretty sh1te so far though! Although against Brum in pre-season I thought he looked superb.

BAS is infuriating. If I was a betting man Id say he wont 'get there' BUT there is a player in there somewhere, plus his record at prem under 23's level suggests he knows how to finish. He's also our only striker so far to score a league goal this season!

I think we all need to wait a few more games and see where the team is at after 10 matches or so. When we won the league, we won the first 2 matches, then lost 2-0 at Barnet and didn't win the following 3, including a dreadful home defeat against Dagenham which was a lot worse than the defeat/performance on Saturday. Little did we know that after 6 games (w2, d1, L3) we'd walk the league by 13 points. All to play for mate!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2021, 12:07:45 pm »

Evers is welcome to his opinion, as I hope I am, but if players play badly we should be able to be critical of them.

I really don't know what Evers problem is to be honest, the world thrives on people having different opinions, that's how change comes about. Not I hasten to add that I am suggesting JB should make changes as a result of comments on here, although I am 100% convinced the club read this board.

Thanks Grumpy, of course players should be criticised if they perform poorly; have done it particularly in latter period of last season! Unfortunately I do not subscribe to the kind of derogatory comments composed by MC when the season has only just begun. It’s my opinion as well! Not going to sit back and support the kind of abuse which MC is capable of against players/club I have supported since 1957. Hope have explained well if not we can discuss tonight?😎
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2021, 12:21:25 pm »

Ops looks like you’ve overlooked the bit where I said I’ve watched Mills 30+ times.

It also looks like you’ve not understood the basics of counting on the number of personnel. Please reread the posts if you’re stuck.

Exchanging messages with you is like being stuck in a washing machine.

I know you’re only repeating yourself to drum up a bit more attention, I think I’ve given you enough already.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It’s pity you now have to resort to petty insults!
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2021, 12:45:08 pm »

McGowan is highly proven in this league, was player of the season at Morecambe a few years back and he's still very young. No reason why he wont come good for us; I accept he's been pretty sh1te so far though! Although against Brum in pre-season I thought he looked superb.

BAS is infuriating. If I was a betting man Id say he wont 'get there' BUT there is a player in there somewhere, plus his record at prem under 23's level suggests he knows how to finish. He's also our only striker so far to score a league goal this season!

I think we all need to wait a few more games and see where the team is at after 10 matches or so. When we won the league, we won the first 2 matches, then lost 2-0 at Barnet and didn't win the following 3, including a dreadful home defeat against Dagenham which was a lot worse than the defeat/performance on Saturday. Little did we know that after 6 games (w2, d1, L3) we'd walk the league by 13 points. All to play for mate!
Drilling, I must have seen BAS “play” 20+ times and he’s scored once, added absolutely nothing, IF there is a player in there it must be better hidden than the arc of the covenant.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2021, 13:46:27 pm »

Drilling, I must have seen BAS “play” 20+ times and he’s scored once, added absolutely nothing, IF there is a player in there it must be better hidden than the arc of the covenant.

I know what your saying!  Grin

Look. Most of those games were in league1. He actually scored (V Exeter) last season when he played against a side at our current level. Then scored again first game in...

Ill give you an example of a sh1t striker, total sh1t striker, that eventually came good and then became very good. Sam Parkin. Utterly useless until Christmas, then scored against Stoke...all changed overnight for him.

BAS has clearly got the credentials, Id say there is a big issue with a combination of application and confidence. He's gonna be drinking in the last chance saloon now. Now or never. Im just saying, don't write him off just yet. Im hopeful of a renaissance, not expectant though!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2021, 14:00:35 pm »

I know what your saying!  Grin

Look. Most of those games were in league1. He actually scored (V Exeter) last season when he played against a side at our current level. Then scored again first game in...

Ill give you an example of a sh1t striker, total sh1t striker, that eventually came good and then became very good. Sam Parkin. Utterly useless until Christmas, then scored against Stoke...all changed overnight for him.

BAS has clearly got the credentials, Id say there is a big issue with a combination of application and confidence. He's gonna be drinking in the last chance saloon now. Now or never. Im just saying, don't write him off just yet. Im hopeful of a renaissance, not expectant though!  Grin

Admire your persistent faith in BAS - can you do a faith job on Mills who is suffering from some minor criticism on here!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2021, 14:12:40 pm »

I'll put my two pennuth in and say I thought both full backs on Saturday were poor, constantly being beaten by their man, particularly in the second half. I am not saying they are necessarily always bad, just that they were on Saturday.

As for BAS I would like to see him go out on loan, as far away as possible, do Penzance have a team?
They were up against very good players in my opinion. That won't be the case every week in this league but I'd be more confident of Mills than our false 3.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2021, 14:42:12 pm »

They were up against very good players in my opinion. That won't be the case every week in this league but I'd be more confident of Mills than our false 3.

Never mind the false 3, I have a fake 20 I am hoping will get me through the stiles this night.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2021, 14:59:51 pm »

This.

Way too early to be writing off individual players or making any firm predictions about where we'll end up.

By my reckoning BAS has had one decent goalscoring chance so far this season and he has taken it.

Our fatal flaw last year was a failure to create sufficient goalscoring chances for the strikers. Until that is rectified and we see BAS or Rose missing chance after chance, I won't be judging any of our forwards too harshly. 

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2021, 15:32:25 pm »

Never mind the false 3, I have a fake 20 I am hoping will get me through the stiles this night.

Tipped off they will give 2 x fivers one with fake Alf Ramsey signature and the other with BAS on it.

nb Wendy has been prewarned
Report Spam   Logged

west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2021, 17:34:23 pm »

McGowan, Morecambe player of the season 2018 - 3 awards
               Hamilton player of the season 2019 - 2 awards
               Hamilton player of the season 2020
Perhaps people are rushing to judgment too early, we have 12 new players so it will take time for the team to gell, let's take a step back and give them some time.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2021, 17:34:32 pm »

Don’t want to be unkind and I might be completely wrong, but BAS comes across to me as a player that has fell out of love with football and can’t really be bothered.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2021, 18:52:44 pm »

Out of interest, how much time do you think we spent scouting the likes of Flores and Lewis before being in a position to form judgement that they are good enough for a deal?

Mindful that me and a few others are being shot down for judging individuals after 3 games…

Baring in mind Flores only made 3 substitute appearances for Hull last season, I assume our scouting network over in Ireland was active between 2019-2021 when he made a handful of appearances over there? 
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2021, 19:46:41 pm »

It might be based on games prior to that. Often players have crossed paths with someone previously.

If a player, even a good player, has only had a handful of starts over a few years, it may be argued that it'll take a few games for them to get fully up to speed.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2021, 05:38:55 am »

It might be based on games prior to that. Often players have crossed paths with someone previously.

If a player, even a good player, has only had a handful of starts over a few years, it may be argued that it'll take a few games for them to get fully up to speed.

So we are thinking something along the lines of CC spoke to some Blackpool contacts that were complimentary of his 11 appearances for them back in 2017. JB &/or KT formed an opinion that was good enough for a years deal guessing at the cost of c£80-100k.

On the flipside, 3/4 recent games watching a player isn’t long enough for some pass comment on a public message board.

All very interesting I must admit.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2021, 10:56:51 am »

They spent fûck all time, they were both cheap and available.
All this data drive approach and committee meetings is yet another smokescreen to appease the hard of thinking after yet another relegation that could have been avoided.
KT the man that promises fûck all and delivers less.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2021, 11:11:34 am »

Manny, I can't work out from your posts what your opinion is of KT, do you reckon he is a top bloke?.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2021, 15:19:55 pm »

So we are thinking something along the lines of CC spoke to some Blackpool contacts that were complimentary of his 11 appearances for them back in 2017. JB &/or KT formed an opinion that was good enough for a years deal guessing at the cost of c£80-100k.

On the flipside, 3/4 recent games watching a player isn’t long enough for some pass comment on a public message board.

All very interesting I must admit.

Well so far you were wrong about McGowan and probably Mills. If Brady drops both for Saturday it could mean that tactically and most likely strategically you are correct Roll Eyes. Brady is doomed and you will leap into his place. Yes?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 22:27:22 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2021, 16:21:09 pm »

Well so far you were wrong about McGovern and probably Mills. If Brady drops both for Saturday it could mean that tactically and most likely strategically you are correct Roll Eyes. Brady is doomed and you will leap into his place. Yes?

McGowan
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: