The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:01:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale home 21.08.21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale home 21.08.21  (Read 17279 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« on: August 16, 2021, 21:56:08 pm »

I'm sorry everybody, but it looks like I'm coming to jinx this one for us. Mind you it's only two or three games a season.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 11:51:19 am »

I'm sorry everybody, but it looks like I'm coming to jinx this one for us. Mind you it's only two or three games a season.
Great I’m going to let’s meet?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 12:14:36 pm »

Great I’m going to let’s meet?

I normally park in the top carpark and go in the Sixfields. I'll pm you my number.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 12:30:00 pm »

Yep same for me and I get the Wimbledon game as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 13:50:20 pm »

I normally park in the top carpark and go in the Sixfields. I'll pm you my number.
Is this available pay per view?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 16:24:49 pm »

That's it, abandon us all in Asia. How can you escape? As soon as you can get in a game you're off!

Have a good flight!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 16:30:09 pm »

That's it, abandon us all in Asia. How can you escape? As soon as you can get in a game you're off!

Have a good flight!

Travelling by train from Germany. Flights are a mare at the minute.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 20:45:00 pm »

That's probably cheaper than a train from Northampton to Barrow? 
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2021, 22:49:07 pm »

You get around, Singapore then Germany probably Luxembourg next Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 07:29:21 am »

Singerlux Cobbler doesn't quite have a ring to it really.
Report Spam   Logged
Luxembourg Cobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 08:18:52 am »

But Luxembourg Cobbler does have a ring to it!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 08:32:18 am »

But Luxembourg Cobbler does have a ring to it!

LuxCobb sounds better.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2021, 09:28:08 am »

After Port Vale and Colchester we have Rochdale, 3 teams who in a total of 9 league games have between them not registered a single victory and are all in the bottom 3rd of the division. Port Vale after losing to us have 2 home 0-0 draws so have yet to score a goal. Colchester also have 2 draws and finally found the back of the net last night in a 1-1 draw with Mansfield. Rochdale appear to have more of a goal threat as they have scored 3 times but have also conceded 5, nobody in the division has conceded more. So far they lost 2-3 away to Harrogate who scored their winner in added time, drew 0-0 at home to Sc***horpe and last night lost 1-2 at home to FGR.
Expect a big drop in attendance from the 5800 against Port Vale as in their 2 home games Rochdale have had crowds of 2679 and 2188. Cannot see them bringing more than 2-300 so we will probably have about 5000.
Therefor we appear to have started the season with a relatively easy set of fixtures with sterner tests to come. But they say you can only beat what is put in front of you, let's hope we continue to do that on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2021, 09:41:16 am »

After Port Vale and Colchester we have Rochdale, 3 teams who in a total of 9 league games have between them not registered a single victory and are all in the bottom 3rd of the division. Port Vale after losing to us have 2 home 0-0 draws so have yet to score a goal. Colchester also have 2 draws and finally found the back of the net last night in a 1-1 draw with Mansfield. Rochdale appear to have more of a goal threat as they have scored 3 times but have also conceded 5, nobody in the division has conceded more. So far they lost 2-3 away to Harrogate who scored their winner in added time, drew 0-0 at home to Sc***horpe and last night lost 1-2 at home to FGR.
Expect a big drop in attendance from the 5800 against Port Vale as in their 2 home games Rochdale have had crowds of 2679 and 2188. Cannot see them bringing more than 2-300 so we will probably have about 5000.
Therefor we appear to have started the season with a relatively easy set of fixtures with sterner tests to come. But they say you can only beat what is put in front of you, let's hope we continue to do that on Saturday.

You could say that the two wins are even better as they have both only lost once this season.
Meanwhile, our old friend Keith is probably feeling some early pressure.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of twists and turns this season but it's an unusual feeling to have such a great start.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 09:51:44 am »

When looking at the head to head I noticed we've not beaten them since 2013.

With that in mind, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 10:58:13 am »

Indeed, Rochdale visit Sixfields on Saturday. Last season this was a league 1 fixture but of course both teams suffered relegation, Dales valiant effort saw them fall just a point short of Wigan. They did score 61 League goals, which was more than many teams including promoted Blackpool, however they shipped 78, one of the worst totals in the division.

So far this season a solitary point has been gained, a goalless draw with Scunny, sandwiched by single goal defeats to Harrogate and most recently Forest Green. They did receive a bye in the Carabao Cup as Harrogate were unable to field a team due to a Covid outbreak a couple of days after the League encounter.

Dale are perennial basement division members, they went 36 consecutive seasons in the fourth division (actually finishing bottom in both 1978 and 1980 but being re-elected) before a long awaited promotion to the third tier in 2010 thanks in the main to the goalscoring boots of Chris O'Grady (22 league goals). Sadly they only survived two seasons before relegation back to League 2, but then having got a taste for promotion they managed it again in 2014 where they remained until last season. Former Cobbler Ian Henderson was top scorer for six seasons in a row between 2014 and 2020.

41 year old Robbie Stockdale is the Dale manager, his first managerial appointment aside for a couple of short caretaker stints at Sunderland. He took over from Brian Barry-Murphy who left the club following relegation. Stockdale is a former player most notable for a spell at Middlesbrough plus loan spells with Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham. He hung up his boots in 2011 and has had coaching assignments at Grimsby, Sunderland, Hibernian and West Brom.

A relatively quiet post season saw the departures of last seasons top scorer Matty Lund (to Salford), the experienced Stephen Humphrys (Wigan) and exciting talent Kwadwo Baah (to Watford),incoming have included Aidan White (formerly of Leeds) and Conor Grant from Sheffield Wednesday.

There have been 65 games between the Cobblers and Dale, Rochdale slightly ahead with 21 wins to 20, but 24 draws. In the League we hold the upper hand 20-19. We have not won any of our last 10 games against Dale, two FA Cup games and eight in the league have seen us draw five and lose five. You have to go back to February 2013 to find a Cobblers victory, 3-1 at Sixfields thanks to goals from Platt, Langmead and Akinfenwa.
Last season both games ended in draws, goalless at Sixfields and 1-1 at the Crown Oil Arena with a Harry Smith goal cancelled out by a late equaliser by the now departed Humphrys.

Referee Carl Brook will take charge of the game, its his second year on the League list and so far in his three games this season he has shown a red card in each of them. 18 yellows too in those three games, that follows on from a round 100 yellows handed out last season. It will be his first visit to Sixfields, although we did see him twice last season, in our Papa Johns win at Exeter and in the League draw away at Gillingham in April, he booked a combined 7 Cobblers over the two games. following our game at Gillingham he took charge of Rochdales visit to Wimbledon three days later, the crunch relegation clash ending in a 3-3 draw.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 11:36:32 am »

You could say that the two wins are even better as they have both only lost once this season.
Meanwhile, our old friend Keith is probably feeling some early pressure.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of twists and turns this season but it's an unusual feeling to have such a great start.
Infuriating for Keith Curle I'd imagine, Oldham team not getting the fundamentals right, needing to buy into the DNA of what Keith is all about...and having the bare faced audacity to try and play the ball into the box!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 11:43:02 am »

Infuriating for Keith Curle I'd imagine, Oldham team not getting the fundamentals right, needing to buy into the DNA of what Keith is all about...and having the bare faced audacity to try and play the ball into the box!

Oldham fans not happy last night!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427738795504451591

I don't think Curle has been around for a couple of games as he had/has Covid. Colin West handled the post match presser last night.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 11:45:43 am »

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 11:58:22 am »

Oldham fans not happy last night!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427738795504451591

I don't think Curle has been around for a couple of games as he had/has Covid. Colin West handled the post match presser last night.
Deja vu.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: