The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:23:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale home 21.08.21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale home 21.08.21  (Read 17298 times)
1971cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 12:00:31 pm »

Looks like they've got some ongoing Covid issues;

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/rochdale-quartet-set-to-miss-cobblers-trip-after-testing-positive-for-covid-3350675
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

Infuriating for Keith Curle I'd imagine, Oldham team not getting the fundamentals right, needing to buy into the DNA of what Keith is all about...and having the bare faced audacity to try and play the ball into the box!

If only we had got rid of him sooner!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2021, 13:05:03 pm »

Colin West is having to take charge of Oldham due to Keith Curle being laid low by covid and they have some players missing, had to get an emergency 'keeper in yesterday. KC is probably having to work with a lower budget than he had here and they made few early signings, in fact they signed 4 players on the Friday before their first game and threw them all straight into the team the next day. Hardly ideal pre season preparations.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 13:29:41 pm »

Colin West is having to take charge of Oldham due to Keith Curle being laid low by covid and they have some players missing, had to get an emergency 'keeper in yesterday. KC is probably having to work with a lower budget than he had here and they made few early signings, in fact they signed 4 players on the Friday before their first game and threw them all straight into the team the next day. Hardly ideal pre season preparations.

Are we sure he didn't think it was a buyers market again and hold out for as long as possible?  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 14:23:27 pm »

in fact they signed 4 players on the Friday before their first game and threw them all straight into the team the next day.

I would call that good housekeeping.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 14:35:29 pm »

Only got himself to blame!

6 Aug 2020 — Curle will not rush into anything and is content to bide his time to ensure he brings in the right players.

3 Jul 2021 — KEITH Curle insists there is still work to be done in the transfer market for Oldham Athletic, but it will not be rushed.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2021, 14:36:24 pm »

I would call that good housekeeping.

Indeed! Why pay a player from July 1st when you can save circa 6 weeks wages eh?

7P's springs to mind? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2021, 14:46:47 pm »

After Port Vale and Colchester we have Rochdale, 3 teams who in a total of 9 league games have between them not registered a single victory and are all in the bottom 3rd of the division. Port Vale after losing to us have 2 home 0-0 draws so have yet to score a goal. Colchester also have 2 draws and finally found the back of the net last night in a 1-1 draw with Mansfield. Rochdale appear to have more of a goal threat as they have scored 3 times but have also conceded 5, nobody in the division has conceded more. So far they lost 2-3 away to Harrogate who scored their winner in added time, drew 0-0 at home to Sc***horpe and last night lost 1-2 at home to FGR.
Expect a big drop in attendance from the 5800 against Port Vale as in their 2 home games Rochdale have had crowds of 2679 and 2188. Cannot see them bringing more than 2-300 so we will probably have about 5000.
Therefor we appear to have started the season with a relatively easy set of fixtures with sterner tests to come. But they say you can only beat what is put in front of you, let's hope we continue to do that on Saturday.

Colchester's two draws against teams in the top six. Both teams are currently unbeaten, so fact we beat them 1-0 I think is a positive. Both Port Vale and Colchester have a common opponent in Carlisle, very difficult place to go away to, and nether have scored against them. So could be argued maybe come up against a defensively sound team?

After 3 games though, who knows.   

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2021, 15:00:22 pm »

I remember seeing Tommy Cannon at Spotland before a game, I think he had a roller, must've been 85?

That's all I can add, sorry.

Rock On.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2021, 15:33:38 pm »

Colchester's two draws against teams in the top six. Both teams are currently unbeaten, so fact we beat them 1-0 I think is a positive. Both Port Vale and Colchester have a common opponent in Carlisle, very difficult place to go away to, and nether have scored against them. So could be argued maybe come up against a defensively sound team?

After 3 games though, who knows.   

In the top six means absolutely zilch at this stage!
By winning one game catapults you more or less into the playoffs - so of course they have lost to top six...hence the top six clubs mentioned, beating them!
Carlisle a difficult place to go away to??? Straight up the M6, off the junction and follow the road straight. Brunton Park on your right, opposite the Beehive pub!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2021, 15:43:04 pm »

In the top six means absolutely zilch at this stage!
By winning one game catapults you more or less into the playoffs - so of course they have lost to top six...hence the top six clubs mentioned, beating them!
Carlisle a difficult place to go away to??? Straight up the M6, off the junction and follow the road straight. Brunton Park on your right, opposite the Beehive pub!  Wink

May as well be a local derby
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2021, 15:53:03 pm »

I remember seeing Tommy Cannon at Spotland before a game, I think he had a roller, must've been 85?

That's all I can add, sorry.

Rock On.

He's only 83 now?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2021, 20:24:19 pm »

My first visit to Spotland was as a young lad back in 1984. Bernard Manning was playing a gig in the social club that evening.
Think ended up there again around the same season, Rochdale v Swindon Town. Ground hopping Barnsley v Sheffield United in the morning, Bradford City v Millwall in the afternoon. Pissed it down all over Yorkshire, so games off!
Ended up at Spotland, with mate saying Swindon "were decent fans"...an hour later getting threatened by worzel sounding blokes, seeing my Cobblers shirt peaking out the coat. "We're gonna right do you over next week" said worzels. They played us at the County Ground the next Saturday...and indeed brought a mob!

Millwall skinhead who'd tagged along with us from Bradford seemed oblivious to it all!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2021, 08:29:38 am »

Rock On.
I can recall The Krankies pulling over, and asking for directions to the Derngate. They were in a beat up old mini van.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:41 am »

I can recall The Krankies pulling over, and asking for directions to the Derngate. They were in a beat up old mini van.

Are you sure it wasn't Nicola Sturgeon going to see her favourites ?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2021, 09:05:36 am »

I see where this could be going, who else has seen a non football celebrity at a football ground?

A bit tenuous but I accidentally bumped into Michael Jackson at Exeter train station. At that time I lived in Cornwall and had to get the train home, Michael had been at St James Park with his spoon bending friend Uri Geller. He had chartered a special train full of children for some fun after.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2021, 09:11:15 am »

Years ago I was at Wolverhampton to see the Cobblers (Phil Chard scored an absolute belter that day I seem to recall) and found myself sitting next to Robert Plant.  I was absolutely gob smacked as he was a real hero of mine.  I think I was a bit 'star struck' but I did get to manage to talk to him through out the game.  What a fabulous guy he was.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:21 am »

I sat behind Timmy Mallet at a Sherpa Vans/Leyland trophy game at Sixfields. I think Jason White scored. He was through on goal and didn’t pause, didn’t hesitate..
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2021, 09:38:20 am »

I see where this could be going, who else has seen a non football celebrity at a football ground?

A bit tenuous but I accidentally bumped into Michael Jackson at Exeter train station. At that time I lived in Cornwall and had to get the train home, Michael had been at St James Park with his spoon bending friend Uri Geller. He had chartered a special train full of children for some fun after.  Huh?
Jeez, bumping into Jacko...must have been a Thriller!
Ouch!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2021, 09:40:04 am »

I sat behind Timmy Mallet at a Sherpa Vans/Leyland trophy game at Sixfields. I think Jason White scored. He was through on goal and didn’t pause, didn’t hesitate..
The thought of that bespectacled, Oxford United weirdo being through on goal and not hesitating!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: