The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:17:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale home 21.08.21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale home 21.08.21  (Read 17277 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2021, 10:28:15 am »

Years ago I was at Wolverhampton to see the Cobblers (Phil Chard scored an absolute belter that day I seem to recall) and found myself sitting next to Robert Plant.  I was absolutely gob smacked as he was a real hero of mine.  I think I was a bit 'star struck' but I did get to manage to talk to him through out the game.  What a fabulous guy he was.
Been a long time since he rock n rolled.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2021, 10:34:38 am »

I haven't seen anyone famous other than Jeema and Mad Michelle because I only attend Cobblers games.
Oh, and DC and the Capt. There's still a slim chance of them becoming infamous. Does it count if you see someone before they come to prominence?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2021, 11:00:03 am »

I haven't seen anyone famous other than Jeema and Mad Michelle because I only attend Cobblers games.
Oh, and DC and the Capt. There's still a slim chance of them becoming infamous. Does it count if you see someone before they come to prominence?
I had the joy of sitting next to Michelle at Oxford away, all I heard from her literally all game was, and I quote “Fûck off you Cûnts”.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2021, 11:00:57 am »

I sat next to Mark Bunn away at Southend once.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2021, 11:07:27 am »

I saw Henning Wehn coming out of Adams Park after a match at Wycombe, I found out afterwards that he used to work for Wycombe.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2021, 11:12:12 am »

I sat next to Mark Bunn away at Southend once.

Did the stewards 'politely' ask you to leave the pitch?   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2021, 11:17:46 am »

Probably the same starting 11 as the Colchester game with Nelson replacing Horsfall. However, who will take Nelson's place on the bench as Harriman, Sowerby and Flores apparently are not yet ready and the youngsters are out on loan?.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2021, 11:44:31 am »

Did the stewards 'politely' ask you to leave the pitch?   Cool
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2021, 12:58:06 pm »

I had the joy of sitting next to Michelle at Oxford away, all I heard from her literally all game was, and I quote “Fûck off you Cûnts”.

Grin Grin Grin

I've had a very similar experience!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2021, 13:19:51 pm »

Do you remember when she wasn't entirely sure who she followed so did Northampton and the Direones. You'd often see her in a Cobblers top and a Direones scarf at the same time, as well as the regulation shellsuit.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2021, 13:59:40 pm »

Remember when we played Leicester in the league, pretty hostile atmosphere all day and that pr1ck from Kasabian made the mistake of sitting in the West Stand.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2021, 14:21:45 pm »

Remember when we played Leicester in the league, pretty hostile atmosphere all day and that pr1ck from Kasabian made the mistake of sitting in the West Stand.
Ah yes. The bloke behind me gobbed at him as he was being lead out, whilst exposing his blue shirt, he was chased up the hill by NN5, and it all kicked off outside the Walter Tull after the game. Grand day out.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2021, 15:04:56 pm »

Once sat behind her at a game (Lincoln or Bristol Rovers, one or the other) and she lost her shìt when we conceded before kicking the seat in front of her to pieces!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2021, 16:14:38 pm »

I think I've lead a sheltered life compared to many on here. Either that or I sit in the nicer parts of the stadiums  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2021, 18:11:46 pm »

Once sat behind her at a game (Lincoln or Bristol Rovers, one or the other) and she lost her shìt when we conceded before kicking the seat in front of her to pieces!!

About 10-15 years ago I was sat directly behind her at Gillingham, for a Tuesday night game. Every time the Gillingham striker got the ball (who was a black guy), she muttered very quietly 'fcuk off you p@ki bast@rd'. Real life Little Britain-esq comedy at its best!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2021, 18:53:44 pm »

About late 50's ended up in the same car as Subba Row, my father was a keen Cricketer.
As for the lovely Mad Michelle can record many of her antics notably at Port Vale when that Nutter danced in front of the away end after their equaliser. Then again at Bury when a few of their fans tried to pay us a 'visit'; she went ballistic, exhibiting full repertoire of hand signals. Perhaps her finest moment was at Cheltenham when the stewards moved her at some distance from two middle aged ladies who had complained about her language/semaphores! At Wimbledon sat next to Mahoney's girl friend; she was very pretty and Portuguese. My finest moment was standing amongst Millwall fans at the Old Den. We won pretty handsomely 1-4. Not a squeak from me!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2021, 19:48:18 pm »

All these celebrities...and Mad Michelle!
Ironically, Rochdale for its size, must be the most celebrity giving town in the World;
Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Cyril Smith, Mike Harding (the Rochdale Cowboy) Liz & Andy Kershaw (Radio One DJs) The Co-op...and of course, the favourite Town Hall of Adolf Hitler (guy from Austria but moved to Germany).

Oh hail the Dale!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2021, 20:21:08 pm »

Ironically, Rochdale for its size, must be the most celebrity giving town in the World;
Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Cyril Smith, Mike Harding (the Rochdale Cowboy) Liz & Andy Kershaw (Radio One DJs) The Co-op...and of course, the favourite Town Hall of Adolf Hitler (guy from Austria but moved to Germany).

Oh hail the Dale!

Don't forget Anna Friel!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2021, 20:28:25 pm »

Oh hail the Dale!
Not so sure that Cyril Smith counts as a celebrity. More like a peadophile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Smith
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2021, 21:17:13 pm »

Not so sure that Cyril Smith counts as a celebrity. More like a peadophile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Smith
So Cyril Smith doesn't make it in your list...but Adolph and Jacko do!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: