The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:10:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale home 21.08.21

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale home 21.08.21  (Read 17286 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2021, 15:00:00 pm »

Interesting point to pick up on.

A quick glance from page 7 onwards and I've counted 8 negative comments about either Mills or McGowan from 6 different posters.

I have seen no positive comments for either.

Even a blind dyslexic would class that as the majority.

None of the 6 posters you claim support your views did not use the same anti NTFC player comments! You have now got 4/5 players not good enough Roll Eyes With a bit of luck you’ll run out of players soon enough Grin
Now you make ill advised comments on unfortunate dyslexic people.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2021, 15:08:31 pm »

If 6 posters form a majority we can only have 11 posters on the forum, I think you need to rethink your maths. People are far quicker to criticise than compliment. If I remember correctly Mills was given one of the better ratings in the chron' and any full back in division 2 will struggle against a pacy winger as Buchanan used to. They will also often be outpaced as they have to turn and chase whereas the winger is running onto the ball, the same applies to the centre backs dealing with through balls. I would agree McGowan did not have his best game but in other games he has shown good passages of play. You have not offered any alternative for the right back position, Harriman is not fit so who do you play there? Koiki has shown promise and could come in at left back but he offers a threat higher up the pitch, strange that Bristol Rovers did not offer him a new contract given the mess they appear to be in.

'People are far quicker to criticise than compliment' / 'Any full back in division 2 will struggle against a pacy winger' - Are these facts or just a unsubstantiated comments to suit your agenda?

If factual, I would highly recommend someone tells Brady to get Connolly into the starting 11 quickly! We might as well get Joe Bunney back whilst were at it.

For clarity I can confirm those that have engaged in the Mills / McGowen debate, the majority (all bar you and neverbrite) have voiced there concerns. I suppose its a bit like the election, not everyone has chosen to vote / comment so we can only work with what's in front of us.

I've always rated Harriman, seems to be a steady and reliable right back. He was the preferred option that got us out of this league a few years back. Koiki is the other option, whilst his strength appears to be attacking rather than defending, i'd rather see someone play with a strength in either than neither.

Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2021, 15:26:07 pm »

None of the 6 posters you claim support your views did not use the same anti NTFC player comments! You have now got 4/5 players not good enough Roll Eyes With a bit of luck you’ll run out of players soon enough Grin
Now you make ill advised comments on unfortunate dyslexic people.

Correct 4 that weren't good enough on Saturday. Slightly confused how you can get 5 from 4 names though?

Did you ever confirm how many players you thought weren't good enough at the weekend  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2021, 16:23:40 pm »

........................................................... have voiced there (their) concerns.

................I've always rated Harriman, Is ok, so please leave him alone

Concerns are fine and quite right too! But that's not the point is it Maestro? To vilify at least 4 players and possibly a fifth in the manner you do is hardly the action of a loyal and committed NTFC Fan. With 'your qualified and popular opinion' have yet to see a constructive comment how to resolve this dilemma. Remember you are running out of players not good enough.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 16:26:05 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2021, 16:24:01 pm »

Mills, McGowan and Nelson aren’t good enough to get us anywhere near the top of this pub league division.
I am not including BAS as he isn’t a footballer so it wouldn’t be fair.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2021, 17:08:15 pm »

From my views, thought at the game on Saturday, how Mills is pretty s***e and not captain material!

I also don't hold out too much hope for what Pollock can bring, on previous performances I've seen...though surely can't be worse than Lewis!

Do have a lot of confidence on the other hand, in Roberts in goal, Koiki, Kabamba and Etete.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2021, 17:21:54 pm »

I'm in the Benny isn't a footballer MacGowen is too slow to be anything other than crap Mills is good enough to be our left back and eloquent enough to be our captain koiki should start in midfield Etete is our best striker (note, striker not attacker) by someway, Harriman should be our right back MacWilliams game is too limited Roberts does not have poppadom hands CAMP.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2021, 18:57:28 pm »

Strange how people see players performances differently, after a couple of good games some will be saying how good some of the players are who are currently getting vilified on here. We are suppose to be supporters so it does no good saying player xxx is cr@p get behind said player to encourage him to be better, the carrot is better than the stick.
How many players have we signed that met with unfavourable comments that the same posters bemoan when they leave saying we have not done enough to keep them. Oliver (another journeyman striker with an unimpressive record), Morton (never played an efl game, only experience at Braintree) among others.
It was supposed to be imperative that we kept Ryan Watson who is now being kept out of the Tranmere side by Sam Foley, would things be that much better if Watson was still here?.
Many are calling for Flores to be in the starting 11 but so far I have not seen anything to justify this, I am not saying he is a bad player but he seems to be taking a while to settle in.
Another conundrum is that after joining Oldham Curle took West and Sheehan with him but left Mysterious behind, perhaps he also didn't agree with his views.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2021, 21:26:23 pm »

Curle took West and Sheehan with him but left Mysterious behind, perhaps he also didn't agree with his views.

Grin Grin Grin

Made me chuckle.

However looking at the three posts above yours, it appears most do agree with my views on this occasion.

Up the Cobblers!

Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2021, 22:03:56 pm »

It's all about opinions isn't it? Most of us give ours after a game, with hindsight. JB and CC probably have different opinions concerning substitutions while standing on the touchline, at the end of the day JB has to make the call, he won't always get it right. Against Rochdale and Vale I thought we should have gone to a three man centre midfield as we were outnumbered, JB thought differently. Vale were so powderpuff in attack we were ok, Rochdale made us pay.
Offside or not, it was the Dale's second goal that decided the game, it knocked us completely flat and we were very second best after that.
Still, it was one game and I don't think we should write players off yet, as we have before. The obvious ones are people like Grayson, Langmead and JJOT, they all proved us wrong.
Some of the new players have made promising starts, others not so, but let's at least give them a chance. UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2021, 22:18:58 pm »

It's all about opinions isn't it? Most of us give ours after a game, with hindsight. JB and CC probably have different opinions concerning substitutions while standing on the touchline, at the end of the day JB has to make the call, he won't always get it right. Against Rochdale and Vale I thought we should have gone to a three man centre midfield as we were outnumbered, JB thought differently. Vale were so powderpuff in attack we were ok, Rochdale made us pay.
Offside or not, it was the Dale's second goal that decided the game, it knocked us completely flat and we were very second best after that.
Still, it was one game and I don't think we should write players off yet, as we have before. The obvious ones are people like Grayson, Langmead and JJOT, they all proved us wrong.
Some of the new players have made promising starts, others not so, but let's at least give them a chance. UTC.

A reasoned approach to contemplate.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2021, 22:49:30 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

Made me chuckle.

However looking at the three posts above yours, it appears most do agree with my views on this occasion.

Up the Cobblers!

You do realise this is only the 3rd League game this season and some players you pass judgemental comments on may not have played in all the league games, or at best had limited minutes. Might be wiser to reserve your judgement for a few more games? As for your prowess in suggesting "it appears most do agree with my views on this occasion" is a bit subjective at best. This after so few games played when we have a history of players who after a slow start come good. JJOT was a classic example! My gut feeling is that BAS is a classic example in waiting! On the Managerial side Wilder was also a classic example. Still each to their own and good luck with your judgements.
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2021, 07:06:51 am »

You do realise this is only the 3rd League game this season and some players you pass judgemental comments on may not have played in all the league games, or at best had limited minutes. Might be wiser to reserve your judgement for a few more games? As for your prowess in suggesting "it appears most do agree with my views on this occasion" is a bit subjective at best. This after so few games played when we have a history of players who after a slow start come good. JJOT was a classic example! My gut feeling is that BAS is a classic example in waiting! On the Managerial side Wilder was also a classic example. Still each to their own and good luck with your judgements.

I’m not sure why you’re still buzzing about questioning folks right to have an opinion.

Out the two players I’ve said shouldn’t be near the starting 11, I’ve watched Mills over 30+ games and McGowan over 4.

Please feel free to sit on the fence for another 10 games. Rest assured il drop you multiple ‘I told you so messages’…

As for BAS being a classic example of a player that will come good. I hope you’re right, but I think you might be on your own with this one! He’s played 31 times for us and contributed very little. As I said to you in another thread, I agree he will start the first game of the season, but I think that will be the first and last. The way things are heading it looks like I was correct.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2021, 07:31:11 am »

It would not surprise me to see BAS start tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2021, 09:48:57 am »

I’m not sure why you’re still buzzing about questioning folks right to have an opinion.

Out the two players I’ve said shouldn’t be near the starting 11, I’ve watched Mills over 30+ games and McGowan over 4.

Please feel free to sit on the fence for another 10 games. Rest assured il drop you multiple ‘I told you so messages’…

As for BAS being a classic example of a player that will come good. I hope you’re right, but I think you might be on your own with this one! He’s played 31 times for us and contributed very little. As I said to you in another thread, I agree he will start the first game of the season, but I think that will be the first and last. The way things are heading it looks like I was correct.

The difference is am commenting on your persistent and illogical personal vilification of 4/5 NTFC players after only 3 EFL games!  Unlike you will not threaten people with multiple messages of ‘told you so’. Can see you having a major fall out with JB on tactics and selection policies Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2021, 10:08:43 am »

Well said EB Claret.

I think JB being an ex-winger himself clearly wants to play with two wide men. I hope he doesn't prove too stubborn like some previous managers have, on Saturday we certainly needed an extra body in midfield. It appears a lot of teams are playing three at the back this season with an extra man in midfield, so we may find ourselves having these conversations again this season. 

Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2021, 10:45:22 am »

It would not surprise me to see BAS start tonight.

Cup games are excluded. I think I’d get a start v West Ham u15s  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2021, 10:51:52 am »

The difference is am commenting on your persistent and illogical personal vilification of 4/5 NTFC players after only 3 EFL games!  Unlike you will not threaten people with multiple messages of ‘told you so’. Can see you having a major fall out with JB on tactics and selection policies Lips Sealed

Ops looks like you’ve overlooked the bit where I said I’ve watched Mills 30+ times.

It also looks like you’ve not understood the basics of counting on the number of personnel. Please reread the posts if you’re stuck.

Exchanging messages with you is like being stuck in a washing machine.

I know you’re only repeating yourself to drum up a bit more attention, I think I’ve given you enough already.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2021, 11:25:20 am »

I'll put my two pennuth in and say I thought both full backs on Saturday were poor, constantly being beaten by their man, particularly in the second half. I am not saying they are necessarily always bad, just that they were on Saturday.

As for BAS I would like to see him go out on loan, as far away as possible, do Penzance have a team?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2021, 11:29:58 am »

I'll put my two pennuth in and say I thought both full backs on Saturday were poor, constantly being beaten by their man, particularly in the second half. I am not saying they are necessarily always bad, just that they were on Saturday.

As for BAS I would like to see him go out on loan, as far away as possible, do Penzance have a team?

I certainly hope you have cleared these comments with everblite before posting otherwise I can see you 'deep in it' as a spelunker would say.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: