The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:10:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

EFL Cup v AFC Wimbledon (h) - 24 Aug 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EFL Cup v AFC Wimbledon (h) - 24 Aug 21  (Read 8266 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:33:49 am »

Northampton Town FC (First Team) v AFC Wimbledon (First Team)
EFL Cup   
Referee: Joyce, Ross
Assistant Referee: Chard, Michael
Assistant Referee: Smith, Matthew
Fourth Official: Tallis, Scott
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3086

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 10:09:48 am »

Which Wimbledon are we playing? Is it the one in SW19 or the one in MK1?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 10:48:08 am »

There is only one AFC Wimbledon?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 11:01:02 am »

are your jokes as old as you?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 11:57:17 am »

Maxted

Harriman, Horsfall, Guthrie, Koiki

McWilliams

Pollock, Flores, Pinnock

Etete, Rose

DISCUSS!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 15:22:01 pm »

Carabao Cup 2nd round action at Sixfields on Tuesday night, the Wombles of Wimbledon are the visitors, a place in the third round against the youth/reserve teams of the Premier League clubs involved in European competition is the carrot at the end of the stick.

Cobblers look to bounce back from a home reverse against Rochdale against a team which went on a good run at the back end of last season to extend their run in the third tier. Wimbledon suffered their first defeat on Saturday, a narrow 1-0 defeat at Sunderland, they won their opening game of the season at Doncaster and followed that up with a win at The Valley against Charlton in the first round of this competition. Home draws with Bolton and Gillingham followed before the Sunderland reverse.

A quiet transfer window saw the likes of experience central defender Darius Charles (Wycombe), Geroge Marsh (Spurs) and Luke McCormick (Chelsea) come in, but how will the loss of their top scorer Joe Pigott (to Ipswich) effect them this season, they'll miss his goals for sure, he scored 54 in 157 appearances for the Wombles, 22 of them last season.

Since AFC Wimbledon came about they have only beaten the Cobblers on two occasions, 7 draws and 7 Cobblers wins in that time. They are though unbeaten on their last four visits to Sixfields, 3 draws and a win, the win came in 2017 thanks to a solitary Harry Forrester goal, and last seasons league encounter finished 2-2, goals from Matty Warburton and Ricky Korboa for the Town, all four goals in the game came in the first half hour. The most recent encounter came at the end of March where a late Pigott goal gave Wimbledon a precious three points.

Mark Robinson is at the helm, he was given the task of keeping the Wombles up following the departure of Glyn Hodges, and he did achieve survival. Nine wins and eight defeats as manager with 10 games drawn.

Deepcut has already mentioned referee Ross Joyce, he's been on the league list since 2015, his first game as a League ref was at Sixfields when we beat Exeter 3-0. He has reffed three games this season dishing out 8 yellow cards, thats on the back of a whopping 130 yellows last season but only 4 reds in his 32 games. We last saw him at Sixfields in April when we beat Shrewsbury on Easter Monday. It looks like he's avoided Wimbledon since he took charge of their FA Cup third round win at Fleetwood in January 2019.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 16:40:57 pm »

Maxted

Harriman, Horsfall, Guthrie, Koiki

McWilliams

Pollock, Flores, Pinnock

Etete, Rose

DISCUSS!

Can see both BAS and Connolly getting some game time, I think Etete will get rested.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 16:54:11 pm »

If I was the Chairman I'd want my best side out on Tuesday (the potential windfall from a bumper payday in the next Round). Horsfall and Guthrie's partnership is essential. I would want Koiki to start. Kabamba and Etete up front.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 17:04:12 pm by CobblerForever » Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 18:24:16 pm »

Expect multiple changes by both teams, both made 8 changes for the last round. Horsfall and the Rochdale subs to start, possibly not Flores as it was stated he, Harriman and Sowerby would not be ready so maybe he was just filling the spot made vacant by Nelsons inclusion. Depends what Brady does with the full back positions but probable team
                                                                  Maxted
         Nelson                   Guthrie                                        Horsfall                         Mills
             or                       or                                                                                 or
        McGowan                Nelson                                                                           Koiki

Connolly                      Pollock                            McWilliams                              Koiki
                                                                                                                           or
                                                                                                                        Pinnock
                                        Ashley-Seal                       Rose

Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 20:26:35 pm »

If I was the Chairman I'd want my best side out on Tuesday (the potential windfall from a bumper payday in the next Round). Horsfall and Guthrie's partnership is essential. I would want Koiki to start. Kabamba and Etete up front.

A. You're not (I don't think)
B. He doesn't pick the team
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 20:41:02 pm »

A. You're not (I don't think)
B. He doesn't pick the team

He might lean on the management team though. A bit like Rupert Murdoch is alleged to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 22:59:46 pm »

Interestingly, my very first away game that I didn't go to was Wimbledon away in an FAC replay in 1981!*

* Probably only Lee Geary could get away with this post!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2021, 09:17:44 am »

Maxted
Hoskins  Horsfall  Guthrie  Harriman
                       McWilliams
                            Flores
         Connoly                    Koiki
                          Pollock
                             Etete

Finally time for Brady to unleash the 4-1-1-2-1-1 formation that we've been working on in training.
Report Spam   Logged

Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2021, 09:26:13 am »

On a serious note, I do think the likes of Pinnock, Koiki, Connolly & Pollock might really suit similar free-roles to the ones Adams & Holmes enjoyed in our championship winning season.

I saw it suggested by someone else but I think Hoskins would be absolutely great as a converted full-back in the Jason Crowe mould.

We are seriously missing a pass master to play alongside McWilliams though, I think people forget how good Byrom was at that role for a long time, not very noticeable but got us ticking over.
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 12:15:25 pm »

On a serious note, I do think the likes of Pinnock, Koiki, Connolly & Pollock might really suit similar free-roles to the ones Adams & Holmes enjoyed in our championship winning season.

I saw it suggested by someone else but I think Hoskins would be absolutely great as a converted full-back in the Jason Crowe mould.

We are seriously missing a pass master to play alongside McWilliams though, I think people forget how good Byrom was at that role for a long time, not very noticeable but got us ticking over.

sam hoskins as a full back is makeshift at best - jason crowe was class - the 2 of them are barely comparable, if at all.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2021, 13:27:03 pm »

My comeback game!
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2021, 14:37:07 pm »

My comeback game!

Available for selection instead of Singcobb?
He struggled a bit, he needed a couple of games to get back to match fitness.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 15:32:05 pm »

I always chuckle how many refuse to (ever) put Hoskins in the team, unless they are suggesting as a first 11 he will be rested.   Grin:P

For a regular match, if there was a prize for guessing the line up, he'd have to be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2021, 16:16:52 pm »

I’m in two minds about going to be honest, the thought of watching the hapless BAS chasing defenders around is not something I want to even spend £12 on.
I also have a very bad feeling about this game.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2021, 19:08:35 pm »

I will be the only one of our group of three attending, the other two are away. Therefor I will be trebling my support to make up for our absentees whatever team is selected.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: