The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:18:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Creepy Crawley away Saturday 28/08/21

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creepy Crawley away Saturday 28/08/21  (Read 6799 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2021, 17:51:17 pm »

I think the post match analysis we are all waiting for is Neverbrites. His first game of the season, fingers crossed he’s made it home still full of optimism.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2021, 18:10:15 pm »

I think the post match analysis we are all waiting for is Neverbrites. His first game of the season, fingers crossed he’s made it home still full of optimism.

How old is the fella? He must be well in to his nineties. I hope he has good carers.
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2021, 18:12:06 pm »

Brady thought that was a good point! That is very worrying.

Another point towards safety..41 more to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2021, 18:24:56 pm »

Another point towards safety..41 more to go.

Well. Just got back. What a sack of shıte. We had enough chances to win 2 games there but once again proved toothless in front of goal. Even our usual goal outlet, set pieces, seems to have deserted us, every set piece was terrible. Not optimistic for the season, early days I know but we need to improve drastically and I can't see where the goals are coming from. Cue a hat full next week.🤔
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2021, 19:40:14 pm »

How old is the fella? He must be well in to his nineties. I hope he has good carers.

Old but not as old as you’d think  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2021, 21:24:40 pm »

Very quiet on here post match. Any nuggets of optimism?
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2021, 23:08:29 pm »

I’m not your man for incisive comments or tactical pearls of wisdom - although I did get 11 European Championship wins managing Cobbs over a 30 year period in an early Football Manager game!
Here are my positives:
1) Back 4 look solid.
2) Goalie is 1000% better than last year and we’re in a lower league so ..
3) Definitely a bit more pace and creativity in midfield. I think Flores will be ok.
4) McWilliams is still quality - let’s not write him off after that appalling performance against Dale.
And the frustrations:
1) Rose and BAS are not the answer. I know it’s only 4 games in but most of us on here said that Harry Smith should have been given the chance playing with a more creative midfield behind and beside him!
2) Kion and Kabamba have a bit more about them but they aren’t going to score the goals we need to be successful.
3) How did that lad from Boreham Wood end up at Chesterf***infield? He’s just the sort of lad I would have bought on Football Manager and gone on to bag 30 goals a season??!
In short, get a forward in who can play off Kion and knows where the goal is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 23:12:00 pm by Jim Hall Fixit » Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2021, 04:44:57 am »

Very quiet on here post match. Any nuggets of optimism?

It's always quiet when we haven't lost.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2021, 05:55:50 am »

Very quiet on here post match.
Not round my way it wasnt. I had to put up with a Queen tribute band at Abington Park rattling my windows.
Still every cloud and all that, tonight its Abba.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3086

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2021, 06:36:29 am »

Not round my way it wasnt. I had to put up with a Queen tribute band at Abington Park rattling my windows.
Still every cloud and all that, tonight its Abba.

Slipknot on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2021, 07:06:51 am »

Slipknot on Monday.
Supported by System of a down. That should shake a few fillings loose.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2021, 10:24:34 am »

Brady thought that was a good point! That is very worrying.

Agreed. I think he should be acknowledging that was a game we clearly should have won and recognise some of the weaknesses, as well as highlighting the positives. After 4 games our forwards have scored 1 league goal between them. That is very reminiscent of last season and a very serious concern. Overall we're not creating enough, the final ball is too often poor and our players do not seem to really attack the ball in the area.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that, at least away from home, and sometimes even at home, we're going to be a defensively minded outfit. JB has changed his tune and is starting to talk about building from defence more and more, which has always been the Calderwood way, so that may have come from him. We need to get results this way otherwise fans will get restless, because it won't be fun to watch. Even then I see no excuse for playing so conservatively against the likes of Crawley, when we clearly have a better side than them.

I'm beginning to wonder how long it will be before JB starts using KC terminology like "nullify the threat".
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2021, 10:36:38 am »

I’m not your man for incisive comments or tactical pearls of wisdom - although I did get 11 European Championship wins managing Cobbs over a 30 year period in an early Football Manager game!
Here are my positives:
1) Back 4 look solid.
2) Goalie is 1000% better than last year and we’re in a lower league so ..
3) Definitely a bit more pace and creativity in midfield. I think Flores will be ok.
4) McWilliams is still quality - let’s not write him off after that appalling performance against Dale.
And the frustrations:
1) Rose and BAS are not the answer. I know it’s only 4 games in but most of us on here said that Harry Smith should have been given the chance playing with a more creative midfield behind and beside him!
2) Kion and Kabamba have a bit more about them but they aren’t going to score the goals we need to be successful.
3) How did that lad from Boreham Wood end up at Chesterf***infield? He’s just the sort of lad I would have bought on Football Manager and gone on to bag 30 goals a season??!
In short, get a forward in who can play off Kion and knows where the goal is.

Very reasonable assessment following Sat game Jimbo
The midfield had problems against a robust opponent midfield! Ete was the only player to trouble their defence but he was shackled very effectively at times by huge  bulk of a player! Where the positives came from is from the defensive display which which most already knew. Undecided on Flores and Lewis so no change there.Roberts made one good save, otherwise untroubled! Their goalie played well making at least 3 good saves the last one against a Hoskins lob was save of the day! It was very frustrating watching the (boring) game and the young person behind me actually fell asleep. The trouble with 0-0 the odd mistake can loose you the game. 1 point is better than a kick up the backside so all’s well that ends ‘all square’! A game not for the purist of which  we have a couple so count your lucky blessings they decided not to come! Imagine the howls of derision on here!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 10:42:19 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2021, 10:50:31 am »

Agreed. I think he should be acknowledging that was a game we clearly should have won and recognise some of the weaknesses, as well as highlighting the positives. After 4 games our forwards have scored 1 league goal between them. That is very reminiscent of last season and a very serious concern. Overall we're not creating enough, the final ball is too often poor and our players do not seem to really attack the ball in the area.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that, at least away from home, and sometimes even at home, we're going to be a defensively minded outfit. JB has changed his tune and is starting to talk about building from defence more and more, which has always been the Calderwood way, so that may have come from him. We need to get results this way otherwise fans will get restless, because it won't be fun to watch. Even then I see no excuse for playing so conservatively against the likes of Crawley, when we clearly have a better side than them.

I'm beginning to wonder how long it will be before JB starts using KC terminology like "nullify the threat".

You have to develop your defence first. A decent defence is essential and proved it Sat?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2021, 10:53:45 am »

Talking to 3 Crawley fans back in the pub in Horsham, they felt 0-0 was about right. Very complimentary about Etete. But they did state that they were without their 3 best players yesterday, make me think that game was even more winnable if they had a weakened side.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2021, 11:57:25 am »

Got to say, I was very bored watching the game yesterday. A proper dogfight division4 game with very little quality on show from either side.

Positives? Its been covered by others, the defence looks sound enough. Connolly I thought looked good when he came on, as did Koiki. We kept our shape and never looked like losing the game. A point away from home is never a bad result...

Negatives? Very obvious ones! Our strikers don't look like they've got many goals in them, Rose in particular was very poor again and he seems to be letting his run without scoring now effect his confidence. He needs a goal desperately.

Pretty obvious that if we were to add two quality players to the team...a striker and a creative midfielder...the dynamics would completely change. Its looking more unlikely that those two key components will be found within the current squad. Given we've netted circa 500-600k in transfer fees this last month, Id hope that we will dip into the market and bring those two players in before the window closes. Hope, not expect...

A decent day out though. Great to get back on a train, have a few beers and enjoy some decent banter with fans of other clubs on the way home. 7 points from the first 4 games is a decent start given we've got a completely new team, and on balance is probably about right. We were clearly fortunate to win at Colchester so that counter balances yesterday when we should have come away with a narrow win, in my opinion.

Big week next week. Lets hope for some positive transfer activity! And lets hope that Mills injury isn't as bad as we fear it probably is.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2021, 12:46:13 pm »

As we already have 5 central midfielders (McWilliams, Lewis, Flores, Sowerby and Pollock) for 2 places I think it is unlikely we will be adding any more. Brady seems to be encouraged by Flores display aginst AFC and to a lesser degree yesterday. I think he is hoping that Sowerby will be the answer when he is fully fit. Expect defensive cover signing, striker Huh???
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2021, 16:50:26 pm »

Defensive cover, that’s it.
KT will keep all the money as running costs*

* Kelvins lifestyle.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2021, 17:04:21 pm »

But we effectively only have 2/3 strikers and only one of them is proven but he is not performing!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2021, 22:56:40 pm »

Interested to see if anyone can come up with a name of a striker who would be guaranteed to solve the lack of goals problem. Not having a pop, but I must have read 50+ posts saying we need one but we’re a bit short on suggestions. I’ve got no idea and can’t think of one that we would have any chance of landing. Usually the only realistic chance L2 clubs have on this score (ahem) is to sign a surprise package like Morton, which we have kind of attempted this season already? I reckon we need to be creating more for the strikers anyway, haven’t seen the data or stats but imagine our creative side would be below average. Until we sort this a new bloke would be a bit pointless anyway IMO. We are not getting on top of sides enough, even in the games we won. We seem to be a bit lethargic, and slightly short on belief and ideas. Not dramatically so, but it just feels like we need a few percent extra all over the pitch. If we still had Mitchell in goal this forum would be going bonkers by now. All the preseason positivity around the management team seems to be slipping away a bit, early days but 6/10 for me so far which is disappointing. That being said it needs time, but if it’s like this at the end of September then we are in for a long one.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: