The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:54:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC  (Read 12440 times)
1971cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2021, 12:43:23 pm »

So do it then.  No more talking, no more presentations, no more random figures plucked from nowhere....prove it by doing it.

There is nothing and has been nothing stopping the Trust and individuals like yourselves from starting a foundation over the last 3/4 years.  There are no barriers currently.

I read the Trusts presentation to the council and think great I'm in but they then provide not a shred of evidence of how it will be achieved, show no practical experience of having delivered anything over the last 5 years.  We get a whos who of the great and good on the Trust Board and there are some impressive people involved.  I then I think what have all these impressive individuals achieved/delivered over the last 5 years for it's membership/the fans?  What physical evidence do I have to believe they/you could deliver anything like what you claim is required.

We can all sell someone a dream.  Time to stop talking about it and do it!

A foundation for the upgrade and expansion of either the North or South stand, in conjunction with the council directly. Does anyone in the know approximate figures involved for this?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2021, 12:53:44 pm »

Agree MC Hammer and have said similar in a different way that until there is something tangible with names, faces, credential etc then the answer to randoms question will be One 75 year old man. Its not ideal, and would love it to be owned and ran by local business leaders (fans, of which I am one, running the club still scares me) but at the moment there isn't anything to analyse properly.

The closest we have come is the New Hotel End. Can any one involved give an update? Not a dig as I know the next steps was feasibility studies and investigations etc but would be good to see / hear how they are progressing. 
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2021, 13:46:28 pm »

Agree MC Hammer and have said similar in a different way that until there is something tangible with names, faces, credential etc then the answer to randoms question will be One 75 year old man. Its not ideal, and would love it to be owned and ran by local business leaders (fans, of which I am one, running the club still scares me) but at the moment there isn't anything to analyse properly. Unless the Trust have changed their stance recently, I think they said they were NOT interested in a fan owned club unless there was no other alternative. I struggle to comprehend that some people automatically think that KT & DB can run a Football Club better than, say, a local Corporate Banker and a local business owner. They didn't do a course on "how to run o football club". I think you can only judge people who run clubs on their results, which in our case, are not too impressive, debts in creased by over £1M per year with very limited progress on or off the field. It's not setting the bar very high is it ?

The closest we have come is the New Hotel End. Can any one involved give an update? Not a dig as I know the next steps was feasibility studies and investigations etc but would be good to see / hear how they are progressing.  I heard the the New Hotel End asked the club for a small figure to get some drawings done but the request was refused. Let me state again, this is just what I heard, no guarantee's on how true it is.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2021, 13:53:53 pm »

I think the most important question is what do the Council want? They have the power and make the decision what happens to the club.

Well ain’t that the funniest thing. You and the Trust board are repeating exactly what I have been saying for years. That the key player is the council. As I used to say to Vintage.. You know it makes sense, listening to me.   Cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2021, 15:20:19 pm »

A simple question to the Trust board.

As you represent your Cobblers supporting members, what percentage want a fan owned club?

The Trust had contact with about 800 fans who were polled and I think 72% expressed an interest in continued investigation of fan ownership. Hope that answers your question.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2021, 15:35:33 pm »

Well ain’t that the funniest thing. You and the Trust board are repeating exactly what I have been saying for years. That the key player is the council. As I used to say to Vintage.. You know it makes sense, listening to me.   Cool Tongue
I thought the council wanted the east stand finished?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2021, 15:41:05 pm »

Let me get this straight, "the Trust board are repeating exactly what you have been saying for years" but you always disagree with everything anyone "associated" with the Trust posts. So really, you are disagreeing with yourself !!  Grin Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2021, 15:44:56 pm »

The Trust had contact with about 800 fans who were polled and I think 72% expressed an interest in continued investigation of fan ownership. Hope that answers your question.

Thank you.
As one of the fans in the 72%, my caveat is 'as a last resort!'

I feel a consortium of local business people, with a Trust involvement, would be the best way to raise the substantial money involved NOT fans on their own.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2021, 15:50:33 pm »

Thank you.
As one of the fans in the 72%, my caveat is 'as a last resort!'

I feel a consortium of local business people, with a Trust involvement, would be the best way to raise the substantial money involved NOT fans on their own.

I think, you and I and the Trust, are in total agreement, it should not be total fan ownership but more like fan involvement, similar to German model of 50+1. Certainly until we become established as a top 10 L1 side, which we have never been!  No-one is saying it will be easy but it certainly possible, if we use our resources effectively. (which isn't employing 7 managers in 6 years as we have)

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2021, 16:24:27 pm »

So do it then.  No more talking, no more presentations, no more random figures plucked from nowhere....prove it by doing it.

There is nothing and has been nothing stopping the Trust and individuals like yourselves from starting a foundation over the last 3/4 years.  There are no barriers currently.

I read the Trusts presentation to the council and think great I'm in but they then provide not a shred of evidence of how it will be achieved, show no practical experience of having delivered anything over the last 5 years.  We get a whos who of the great and good on the Trust Board and there are some impressive people involved.  I then I think what have all these impressive individuals achieved/delivered over the last 5 years for it's membership/the fans?  What physical evidence do I have to believe they/you could deliver anything like what you claim is required.

We can all sell someone a dream.  Time to stop talking about it and do it!

No sure what you want to see my the way of evidence? Its been done at other clubs, it's not rocket science or reinventing the wheel.

Our owners have not exactly welcomed anything from the Trust, even before the day they took over. They came in shouting we have £4m ringfenced, build East stand etc. so until now, we have all been waiting and support the owners. Finally after moving the goal posts again and again, the Trust finally have said enough is enough,especially after more details came out about the land deal and the East stand. The potential loss of part of the initial land (running track) which has ACV on it was the final straw I think
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2021, 16:51:16 pm »

Let me get this straight, "the Trust board are repeating exactly what you have been saying for years" but you always disagree with everything anyone "associated" with the Trust posts. So really, you are disagreeing with yourself !!  Grin Huh?
You really should not argue with your new employer. I have made that mistake in the past, trust me they dont like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2608

« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2021, 17:48:08 pm »

The Trust want a good deal for the football club in this one-off opportunity to move the club forward ie: the land deal.

They are not saying KT should not benefit, they are saying there are better options and opportunities

As a member of the Trust board, please could you enlighten us with your real name?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2021, 17:57:08 pm »

As a member of the Trust board, please could you enlighten us with your real name?

Again, why what different does it make on here?

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2021, 18:01:17 pm »

That poll was demonstrated to be not worth the paper it was written on because of the 'loaded' questions that could be interpreted to say whatever The Trust wanted them to say.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2021, 18:08:35 pm »

No sure what you want to see my the way of evidence? Its been done at other clubs, it's not rocket science or reinventing the wheel.

Evidence....I explained all in my original post.  I explained why and what I would like to see if you don't understand why here's a hypothetical situation to assist.  Hypothetically if someone suggested raising £20 a month each from pretty much half of the current home attendance I might just want to see some evidence that was achievable.  Or say there's an organisation with an annual turnover of approx £10k run by volunteers.  They have a static membership the majority of which are life time members who contribute nothing finacially to the organisation.  To the best of our knowledge that organisation has fund raised and delivered the grand total of zero infrastructure projects in the last five years if not longer....maybe ever?

If that organisation then tells me they want to help fund and be involved with the building of a large stadium related project I might want some evidence they are capable of achieving that before I hand over my hard earned cash and back their involvement  That might take the form of funding and building a new supporters bar.  That might take the form of a safe standing terrace.  That might take the form of a new fan zone like the New Hotel End.  I might also want evidence that they have the required number of members and the required capability to raise funds for the projects.

As I said previously you and others seem very good at talking, debating and complaining about how things currently are without actually doing anything yourself.  You could put the wheels in motion on setting up a foundation tomorrow.

So if it's not rocket science and not reinventing the wheel and it truly is that easy why haven't you pr they done it?

If it's that easy get on with it and PROVE IT!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2021, 18:46:08 pm »

Who? I've said for a long time that to get the rest of us on board we need to know who these people are!

Been told several times it wont be the Trust board or the passionate ones on here, it will be skilled business people etc, but who are they?
I find it hard to believe that nobody seems to even know who random is let alone the rest of the board who post anon on here.
The trust go on about the club hiding or not having details of the deal but at least we know who the chairman is....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2021, 18:52:41 pm »

That poll was demonstrated to be not worth the paper it was written on because of the 'loaded' questions that could be interpreted to say whatever The Trust wanted them to say.

Who 'demonstrated' it was loaded? Are you saying the 800 were manipulated and used as mugs to achieve some strange statistic that could be used against them? I think these people are a bit more intelligent than that. You do know the Berlin wall has fallen don't you?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2021, 18:53:04 pm »

MC let me go back over your posts and see if you said the same with Cardoza, CDNL, and the current owners.

Doesn't the fact that the Trust are at least trying to want something to happen for our football club, as opposed to owners who promise much and after 10 years (DC & DB) have delivered a complete an utter mess, mean anything to you.

Will you personally gain from KT's land deal?  What's in it for you? Why are you so anti the supporters Trust??

6 long years ago your saviour KT rode in to town with his £4m promise, and today we are no closer, yet all you can do is post negatively about supporters who care about the medium-term of their football club.

The club with all it's resources produce an extremely basic, no information, no details on anything, and you don't utter one word !!!!

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2021, 18:56:03 pm »

I find it hard to believe that nobody seems to even know who random is let alone the rest of the board who post anon on here.
The trust go on about the club hiding or not having details of the deal but at least we know who the chairman is....

Sorry Mr DogDo and Mr Woody84
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2021, 19:00:32 pm »

So of Sixfields was full of cobblers fans on any given day.
About half of the North Stand would like it to be investigated further.
About 8% of the crowd....
Not forgetting the others locked outside.
It's great playing with stats isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: