The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:34:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC  (Read 12453 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2021, 21:59:45 pm »

I'm not remotely interested in who anyone on here "really" is, to be honest.

I am however interested in knowing:

A) the answer to Deepcut's question about who represented the Trust at the meeting with the council (entirely out of curiosity borne of the apparent reluctance to disclose this seemingly innocuous information!)

And

B) the answer to my question about how many of the current Trust board were elected and how many were co-opted. I'm not interested in individual names, just an idea of numbers. I genuinely think this is quite important; if a core of people have just recruited their like minded mates then it isn't a healthy way to run an organisation, nor is it the great democratic institution it purports to be.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 22:02:31 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2021, 22:00:45 pm »

You will be aware however that the Council cannot lease property to a third party and then refuse planning permission without a very good reason

And I would agree with you if that were the direction we were heading. But as I said, the "Club" want to buy the freehold of the land, and then sell it off parcel by parcel to developers who will then themselves apply for their respective permissions.

From the official site "• The preferred deal for the football club is an Option Agreement with WNC to enable the club to buy the freehold CDNL land with the option only being exercised when the East Stand is complete"

Is it only me who feels slightly uneasy about the fact that "The Football Club" (which is being run to tight budgets when it comes to wages and transfer revenue for example)  is suddenly going to be in a position to pay out millions of pounds to the Council to buy some land and then "• Football club will take on any development risk"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2021, 22:17:04 pm »

None of the senior off field management do but Jon Brady posts under the name Melbourne Cobbler.  Hiding in plain sight. Grin

I thought Jon Brady posted under the name of Backofthenet....the football coaching outfit he was head coach of!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2021, 22:37:34 pm »

And I would agree with you if that were the direction we were heading. But as I said, the "Club" want to buy the freehold of the land, and then sell it off parcel by parcel to developers who will then themselves apply for their respective permissions.

From the official site "• The preferred deal for the football club is an Option Agreement with WNC to enable the club to buy the freehold CDNL land with the option only being exercised when the East Stand is complete"

Is it only me who feels slightly uneasy about the fact that "The Football Club" (which is being run to tight budgets when it comes to wages and transfer revenue for example)  is suddenly going to be in a position to pay out millions of pounds to the Council to buy some land and then "• Football club will take on any development risk"
Which is exactly what the council would have done. The HCA have been doing this to raise capital for years.
It’s common practice all over the world to sell the freehold to developers, de risking the transfer as much as possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2021, 06:05:31 am »

I thought Jon Brady posted under the name of Backofthenet....the football coaching outfit he was head coach of!  Grin

G'day, mate! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2608

« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2021, 06:59:09 am »

Really ? Why should he reveal his name if he doesn't want to ? Or lets go the whole hog and EVERYBODY post using their real name.
I've started us off...Del doesn't want to.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2021, 07:13:52 am »

I am Damo Suzuki.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2021, 07:43:13 am »

Gareth Willshere and James Whiting.
Ooh oooh thats me isnt it!!  Cool
Most other people call me Michael Underwood, or Woody, or f***s sake not him again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2021, 07:53:48 am »

Unless the Trust have changed their stance recently, I think they said they were NOT interested in a fan owned club unless there was no other alternative. I struggle to comprehend that some people automatically think that KT & DB can run a Football Club better than, say, a local Corporate Banker and a local business owner. They didn't do a course on "how to run o football club". I think you can only judge people who run clubs on their results, which in our case, are not too impressive, debts in creased by over £1M per year with very limited progress on or off the field. It's not setting the bar very high is it ?
I would personally say the message is at best mixed about what the Trust want on fan ownership from the various literature, statements, presentations etc but that's just my opinion and not really the point of this reply.

The point I keep trying to make is....
100% I would support the buyout by local successful business man / banker. As long as there wasn't any evidence or corruption (see Darlington) then I don't see any fan that wouldn't want that. A Jack Walker type situation must be the ideal for any fan. But who are they and where are they? Have the Trust approached anyone? I know there was talk of local business men ready to buy the club before KT but my recollection, and correct me if I'm wrong, that was very much a short term rescue until someone else could be found.
If that is the preferred route and something the Trust want to pursue and sell the benefits of the club to a local individual or consortium then that's their prerogative and the sort of thing I would think they should maybe be doing. But what isn't needed is the mud slinging in both directions, the accusations / insinuations and the quicker they drop the fanciful opinion the club should be sold debt free for £1 the better. 
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2021, 09:08:04 am »

100% I would support the buyout by local successful business man / banker. As long as there wasn't any evidence or corruption (see Darlington) then I don't see any fan that wouldn't want that. A Jack Walker type situation must be the ideal for any fan. But who are they and where are they? Have the Trust approached anyone? I know there was talk of local business men ready to buy the club before KT but my recollection, and correct me if I'm wrong, that was very much a short term rescue until someone else could be found.
If that is the preferred route and something the Trust want to pursue and sell the benefits of the club to a local individual or consortium then that's their prerogative and the sort of thing I would think they should maybe be doing. But what isn't needed is the mud slinging in both directions, the accusations / insinuations and the quicker they drop the fanciful opinion the club should be sold debt free for £1 the better. 
Before KT & DB bought the club there was lots of other people interested in buying it, but the "Ring fenced" money to complete the East won the day. It would be pointless for the Trust "to pursue and sell the benefits of the club to a local individual or consortium" because NTFC is in debt to the tune of £7M and no one will take on a business with that sort of debt. Which was exactly the case with KT & DB who walked away when they thought they would be stuck with the £10M loan debt, but they were back in when NBC and the Trust brokered a deal where they got it for £1 and virtually debt free. KT's exact words, at the time, were "There would be a queue 40 deep to get the club with the deal we did"
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2021, 09:31:39 am »

So to prevent further back and forth.... there is currently no one on standby to buy the club, nor is there anyone putting a proposal together that KT and DB can consider
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:41 am »

So to prevent further back and forth.... there is currently no one on standby to buy the club, nor is there anyone putting a proposal together that KT and DB can consider
How would I know? But what I do know is that there are always people looking to buy football clubs AT THE RIGHT PRICE .
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2021, 09:58:59 am »

Shocker....no one wants to buy a business (mainly running at a loss) in £7m of debt with no assets.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2021, 10:58:26 am »

Gareth Willshere and James Whiting.

I'm James Whiting and so is my wife.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2021, 11:04:30 am »

I'm James Whiting and so is my wife.

Oh, there you are, where's that tenner you owe me?  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2021, 15:59:36 pm »

Before KT & DB bought the club there was lots of other people interested in buying it, but the "Ring fenced" money to complete the East won the day. It would be pointless for the Trust "to pursue and sell the benefits of the club to a local individual or consortium" because NTFC is in debt to the tune of £7M and no one will take on a business with that sort of debt. Which was exactly the case with KT & DB who walked away when they thought they would be stuck with the £10M loan debt, but they were back in when NBC and the Trust brokered a deal where they got it for £1 and virtually debt free. KT's exact words, at the time, were "There would be a queue 40 deep to get the club with the deal we did"
This needs a sticky lest we all forget.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2021, 16:37:06 pm »

Some good people there but not a huge amount of business experience I'd suggest.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2021, 16:49:43 pm »

Shocker....no one wants to buy a business (mainly running at a loss) in £7m of debt with no assets.

I've not seen anything to say the situation has changed since this article.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44223738
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2021, 17:05:49 pm »

Can’t lose the anonymity on here. I’ve thought about meeting up with a load of contributors the next time I’m over. The trouble is as soon as that happens all of the social niceties, tactfulness and diplomacy kick in and the whole dynamic of the site would be lost forever. No more brutal honesty, just a load of pleasantries and treading on egg shells. Not for me thank you.

Jon Brady
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2021, 17:26:49 pm »

Can’t lose the anonymity on here. I’ve thought about meeting up with a load of contributors the next time I’m over. The trouble is as soon as that happens all of the social niceties, tactfulness and diplomacy kick in and the whole dynamic of the site would be lost forever. No more brutal honesty, just a load of pleasantries and treading on egg shells. Not for me thank you.

Jon Brady
Jon please can you play Etete and Kabamba up front Satdy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: