The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:33:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC  (Read 12435 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 18:23:34 pm »

World domination. They’re planning on annexing Poland next week. I hear their leader now drives around in a tank.

He didn't get it from me  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2021, 18:26:25 pm »

He didn't get it from me  Wink

I thought you were running a sideline in surplus stock  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 19:29:03 pm »

World domination. They’re planning on annexing Poland next week. I hear their leader now drives around in a tank.

And he'll be round your house next week Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 19:39:04 pm »

Is the point of this slide show for the council to buy the club?...

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 20:52:37 pm »

And he'll be round your house next week Wink

I’ll leave the drive free.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 20:56:24 pm »

What did you think of Kelvin's by comparison?

I doubt it was Kelvin's. They’re all a bit unnecessary. Ok for training. But for conveying something heartfelt, they are completely the wrong choice of delivery.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2021, 20:57:06 pm »

I really cannot understand peoples obsession with the "Chinese Deal" and the money. DB/KT made a deal with some Chinese chancers. The deal fell through. DB/KT made some money out of it. At the end of the day those transactions and any money involved if fúck all to do with anybody on this board or the high and mighty trust. It was a private deal and if you want them to disclose this then get every supporter and the trust to show every thing about their private monetary dealings.

+
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2021, 22:48:36 pm »

Hard to know what to say about all of that, I think BOTN sums it all up better than I could.
It comes across as the Trust's wish list of hopes/ideas/proposals and dreams. Nothing wrong with having dreams of course but the presentation seems short of the practical means of achieving these.
I'm not at all sure what the Trust is actually asking WNC to do?

I suspect I am a fairly typical supporter, I have a season ticket, go to some away games, buy a shirt etc. I'm happy when we win, gutted when we lose but quickly looking forward to the next game.
As for how the club is run, well, I know nothing about business, finance or legal matters.
I too dream about what the club might achieve, one dream came true for me when the team walked out at Wembley Stadium in 1997, I still hope to see us play in the Championship. At the moment the best hope of that happening still seems to depend on the arrival of a sugar daddy.

The Trust are right that something needs to change, I fell for the 'Five Year Plan' of DC, I welcomed KT as a breath of fresh air but nothing has changed.
So now the Trust has made a presentation to WNC, but where else are they saying this? On this forum they are preaching to the converted or contented. To get mainstream supporters and the general public on board their proposals need more publicity, or once again nothing will change.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2021, 03:38:30 am »

I might be being a bit thick here, but can someone explain what the trust hopes to get from the meeting with the council. WNC won't take control of the club and apart from approving any building development requests they can't get involved in any club matters as it's a private business.

Not a trust member and never have been but am I the only cobbler's fan who's getting a tad embarrassed by our current trust's mindset.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
guest3086

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 06:20:36 am »

Fantastic, brilliant stuff. Exactly what is required. They shoot from the hip these Trust folk.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 06:41:28 am »

Great stuff, presentation may not be the best but the message is loud and clear, keep up the good work!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2021, 07:42:31 am »

It comes across as the Trust's wish list of hopes/ideas/proposals and dreams. Nothing wrong with having dreams of course but the presentation seems short of the practical means of achieving these.
I'm not at all sure what the Trust is actually asking WNC to do?

Probably because there aren’t any practical measures that will guarantee a team to achieve massively beyond the size and income of the club. When it boils down to it football is a sport and there’s so much luck involved in appointing the right manager at the right team who gets lucky with their recruitment. We appoint Gary Johnson and he’s a big failure, he then goes to a smaller club in Yeovil and takes them to the championship. Of course people will say ‘Look at team ‘x’ are their overachieving we should be doing what they are’ even though the different team that was their the flavour of the month a few years back has since been relegated back to their natural level.

In my time supporting the club the closest we’ve been to the championship was the play off final defeat to Grimsby, was that under the best manager I’ve seen?, far from it, was it with the best players I’ve seen at the club?, very far from it. There’s nothing wrong with having goals, looking at what you’re doing and trying to do it better, but the thing is pretty much every other team is doing the same. I’m sure I’ll be accused of ‘setting for mediocrity’ but having a certain amount of pragmatism helps fans from getting eaten up with what they want for the club as there probably 40-50 teams who’s fans think they should be in the prem, with nearly all the rest thinking they should be in the championship.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2021, 08:35:18 am »

The reason a lot of the teams that get lucky and get promoted to say the Championship then get relegated is because they don’t have the infrastructure in place to sustain that level.
Northampton if we made it to the Championship does have the support base to get 10,000 home fans if the ground would allow, add in the 2000+ away fans and hospitality better sponsorship and we would triple our income.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:59 am »

Probably because there aren’t any practical measures that will guarantee a team to achieve massively beyond the size and income of the club. When it boils down to it football is a sport and there’s so much luck involved in appointing the right manager at the right team who gets lucky with their recruitment. We appoint Gary Johnson and he’s a big failure, he then goes to a smaller club in Yeovil and takes them to the championship. Of course people will say ‘Look at team ‘x’ are their overachieving we should be doing what they are’ even though the different team that was their the flavour of the month a few years back has since been relegated back to their natural level.

In my time supporting the club the closest we’ve been to the championship was the play off final defeat to Grimsby, was that under the best manager I’ve seen?, far from it, was it with the best players I’ve seen at the club?, very far from it. There’s nothing wrong with having goals, looking at what you’re doing and trying to do it better, but the thing is pretty much every other team is doing the same. I’m sure I’ll be accused of ‘setting for mediocrity’ but having a certain amount of pragmatism helps fans from getting eaten up with what they want for the club as there probably 40-50 teams who’s fans think they should be in the prem, with nearly all the rest thinking they should be in the championship.

That's a good post Winslow and it cuts it all back to what supporting a club should be about. The reality is we SHOULD be in League 2, because that's where we are after 125 years of playing. If you haven't found your level in that time you aren't going to. The only injustice in that time worked in our favour when we stayed in the league thanks to Kidderminster not completing their ground upgrade in time!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be in League 1 and aspire to being in the Championship, but I genuinely don't think I'd want us to get to the Premier League. At that point it becomes too global rather than local, we'd lose the close-knit nature of the club and get lost amongst all the Johnny-Come-Latelies and hangers on. I kind of like supporting a club where we can have idle banter about bumping into players in the supermarket or where you walk past Sammo in the street and he recognises you and says hello, or where Wendy in the shop knows your name when you go in and asks about your family. I just want to be able to go and watch my team play decent, entertaining football, have something to celebrate now and again and generally have enough security around the club to not be chucking money in buckets every few years. As long as we're doing that, I'm really not that bothered about what level we're doing it at.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2021, 09:16:38 am »

That's a good post Winslow and it cuts it all back to what supporting a club should be about. The reality is we SHOULD be in League 2, because that's where we are after 125 years of playing. If you haven't found your level in that time you aren't going to. The only injustice in that time worked in our favour when we stayed in the league thanks to Kidderminster not completing their ground upgrade in time!

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be in League 1 and aspire to being in the Championship, but I genuinely don't think I'd want us to get to the Premier League. At that point it becomes too global rather than local, we'd lose the close-knit nature of the club and get lost amongst all the Johnny-Come-Latelies and hangers on. I kind of like supporting a club where we can have idle banter about bumping into players in the supermarket or where you walk past Sammo in the street and he recognises you and says hello, or where Wendy in the shop knows your name when you go in and asks about your family. I just want to be able to go and watch my team play decent, entertaining football, have something to celebrate now and again and generally have enough security around the club to not be chucking money in buckets every few years. As long as we're doing that, I'm really not that bothered about what level we're doing it at.

I know where you are coming from mate, but I think as a club we have an identity, L1 is where we should be IMO  but we need a few improvements in our infrastructure to make that commercially sustainable and not reliant on a sugar daddy to be bankrolling the club constantly.
Under the current plans that isn’t going to happen, I am not in the Trusts camp when it comes to DB not making a profit from the land BUT it also needs to be fair, we need to protect our future.

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2021, 09:35:53 am »

I know where you are coming from mate, but I think as a club we have an identity, L1 is where we should be IMO  but we need a few improvements in our infrastructure to make that commercially sustainable and not reliant on a sugar daddy to be bankrolling the club constantly.
Under the current plans that isn’t going to happen, I am not in the Trusts camp when it comes to DB not making a profit from the land BUT it also needs to be fair, we need to protect our future.

UTC.
Very good post Manny
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2021, 09:43:08 am »

BOTN, so if you are very happy for us to stay in L2, why are you so opposed to greater local ownership?

Your last post talks well about being local and community, how does this go with owners that live 4000 miles away?

I haven't research it but I bet that the majority of these 'new' clubs to the League - Sutton, Harrogate, Morecambe, Barrow, Forest Green, Accrington, Fleetwood etc etc, are owned and run by local fans / business owners.

Exeter is 100% fan owned and are doing ok. One of the big things for me with fan ownership / 50+1 or whatever it is, is that when something good happens, like playing big 6 away in the cup, or selling player for £1m (like Goode) is that unlike us with Goode, (where the money I assume went straight back to Bower - certainly didn't go into signing a star player) the club can benefit.

No-one at the Trust is that we are aiming for the Championship in 5 years or anything, just want a chance to build and make things better and nicer for all fans.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2021, 10:00:15 am »

But that is exactly where the Trust is too Manny, they don't mind DB making some more profit but it should be shared with the football club so that it can have a better future.

Spending £3m on a very basic stand which is then hemmed in by warehouses is not what we want or need.

Remember we will all be here and stuck with that long after they leave.

The Trust are trying to look at all the options and at least trying to start some conversations on alternatives, hence why the presentation was not as clear and as focused as some would have liked
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2021, 10:41:35 am »

The club is run by the staff (up to and including the CEO) who are local. It's just owned by people who happen to be based abroad. Yes, they are ultimately the ones who steer our overall strategy, but where they live doesn't bother me in the slightest. We live in a smaller world now. I'm currently sitting at a desk nearly 200 miles away from the office my contract says I'm based out of. I've no plans to go back there any time in the future either, but it doesn't affect my ability to do my job.

If you look at the numbers, actually Exeter aren't doing that well. They made a lot of money from selling a player and that's been subsidising them. Without that buffer they would be losing money. I'll caveat that by saying it was probably 12 months since I looked into their finances, so it might have changed since, but that certainly was the case.

Lastly, I'm not against local ownership. I'm against fan ownership. If we happened to have a moneybags fan who wanted to buy and run the club then actually, brilliant, that's the best of both worlds. A ragtag collection of individuals coming together to pool their pennies would spell disaster though, especially if (and I'm genuinely sorry to say this) the current Trust were anywhere near it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest49

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:16 am »

After Cardoza and the botched loan and everything that has followed I think it would just be good to see one thing...TRANSPARENCY.

Whether they are obliged to make it transparent or not, with everything that was royally f*cked up last time, I think the fans (and wider public) deserve some openness and honesty.
This stuff will ultimately reach the public domain, whether that is via accounts, FOI requests, financial transactions....with the assumption that it will all be totally above board. I'm not overly fussed with the moral rights and wrongs, that's all subjective. If we get a basic finished stand and KT and co. stand to pocket £20m then just show that.
This isn't just about the club, it's definitely about the council too who hardly fill anyone with confidence of how they handle matters.
If the Trust is the mechanism to push for this/block this/propose an alternative, then stop talking in riddles and comparing us to Plymouth.
Start a wider fan/press campaign or throw an olive branch to the club and sort it out.

Let's just see some numbers - what is in it for the council? What's in it for the club and what's in it for the owners personally.
I think too much focus is on trying to block it happening, or what the owners will do if they get laid some kind of golden egg, or what went on with the Chinese.

At the minute we've got some white elephant contaminated land, tied up in red tape and a ramshackle East stand. With the continued stalemate the owners could choose to strip the budgets right back. There is enough noise about us not having the right quality of players, it could be a lot, lot worse. TBH I am surprised they have stuck around so long, although I'm sure some will cite the promise of some multi-million pound deal.
If nothing changes we'll still be here in another 5 years.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: