The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:17:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC  (Read 12439 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2021, 20:49:59 pm »

There lies the problem. None running the Trust should be anywhere near the decision making. Who would be responsible for appointing a manager for example? The Trust board cannot even organise a meeting or a PowerPoint so who would be on the NTFC board? How and who would appoint the Directors?

Yeah of course it would be a disaster, I mean KT has been a dab hand at appointing managers hasn't he?  After all he's onto his 6th appointment. The 5th one was a classic, 20 years as a manager and not one promotion.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Obviously KT has Degrees in football management and club ownership, so is far more qualified than anyone from Northampton.

AGAIN ANOTHER REMINDER:  KT has made every decision, every presentation, every PR stunt with an annual income of approx £6m to use how he sees fit, the Trust have done all of their's on a budget of less than £10k, of which very very little of that has gone on marketing, website, presentations, graphic design etc etc. Yes I know it shows, and so do they, they are trying to improve that.

The Trust have not run up debts of £6m in 6 years with zero increase on the balance sheet (except debt of course),

Again look at the Exeter comparisions
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2021, 21:07:57 pm »

Its his money however. He can only get it back through the football club so has to act in its best interest the Trust board members,however do not risk one penny of their own money. Lets say each member should underwrite .750 k,the equivalent to £7m collectively. Then they have the right to make decisions on behalf of the rest of us.i for one would never be happy entrusting any of them unless they were prepared to put their houses online.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2021, 21:11:03 pm »

Is there any need for that? Really?

Are you joking?  I'd say there was every need considering the response to the news.

The Trust has banged on about the need to have local businessman involved with the club.  I ask if he's not the right type of local businessman because the reactions on Twitter from the usual Trust suspects were hardly ecstatic:

Keith B

"What influence does an associate director have? Do they invest money to obtain the role? Do they get a vote in board meetings? Good to have someone local but does it make any real difference? #ntfc"

followed by Vintage Cobbler

"Answers Q1 not much imo Q2 No idea - transparency matter Q3 No, “associate director” is just a title. He is not a legal director Q4 political window dressing after comments about long distance offshore owners. The boardroom door remains locked to anyone but the existing 3."

followed by Stefan Krywawych

"Notice the new associate director has got his hands firmly tucked into his pockets......"

Then your first comment was

"Probably worth mentioning that said individual set himself up a new company just three weeks ago.... Dove Property and Developments Limited....."
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2021, 21:33:34 pm »

I can’t talk for the others but as for my post your point is what?
I just happened to make a connection between a new Associate director and a new development company….maybe redevelopment is closer than ever. Maybe it’s a sign of some imminent progress…joining the dots and all that.

What do you think I meant???

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2021, 21:42:24 pm »

The reason a lot of the teams that get lucky and get promoted to say the Championship then get relegated is because they don’t have the infrastructure in place to sustain that level.
Northampton if we made it to the Championship does have the support base to get 10,000 home fans if the ground would allow, add in the 2000+ away fans and hospitality better sponsorship and we would triple our income.

The trouble is we don't even have the infrastructure to sustain League One level. So our hopes even making the Championship are a long long way off unless something changes.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2021, 22:04:43 pm »

Yeah of course it would be a disaster, I mean KT has been a dab hand at appointing managers hasn't he?  After all he's onto his 6th appointment. The 5th one was a classic, 20 years as a manager and not one promotion.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Obviously KT has Degrees in football management and club ownership, so is far more qualified than anyone from Northampton.

AGAIN ANOTHER REMINDER:  KT has made every decision, every presentation, every PR stunt with an annual income of approx £6m to use how he sees fit, the Trust have done all of their's on a budget of less than £10k, of which very very little of that has gone on marketing, website, presentations, graphic design etc etc. Yes I know it shows, and so do they, they are trying to improve that.

The Trust have not run up debts of £6m in 6 years with zero increase on the balance sheet (except debt of course),

Again look at the Exeter comparisions

Well, the lines of demarcation between the fan base appear to be as strong as ever dont they Random. You must see that the supporters being this divided can only prolong the status quo. This tennis match of attack and counter attack may be therapeutic in the short term, but it’s hardly going anywhere is it. Genuinely what do you imagine motivates someone like me. Why do you imagine I am critical of the Trust Board and why do I adopt the position I do?

It’s a valid question because until we supporters truly understand each other and have some empathy with each others point of view then this pointless infighting and endless apathy will continue indefinitely. There will probably be no momentum building to take us anywhere from you, the Trust or anywhere else. For the sake of balance I will state what I think motivates you. You’ve obviously been following the club for years, have committed your time and energy into supporting the club through some dark times, mainly because you love the club like one of your own children. You are sick and tired of the club bumping along at the bottom going nowhere, achieving little and stagnating. The current owners have not really changed anything of significance since the early days of Sixfields and yet potentially stand to make a profit despite this lack of achievement. As a consequence you demand change that offers some hope for a brighter future. Anyone that objects or offers resistance to the change you demand, by default adds strength and support to the owners and enables the lack of progress to continue. I believe that’s an accurate summary and genuinely understand why you would think like that and have a fair amount of sympathy with that position. Now what do you think motivates someone like me?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3355

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2021, 22:08:34 pm »

Now what do you think motivates someone like me?

B00bs?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2021, 22:11:19 pm »

B00bs?
Apart from that.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2021, 22:25:15 pm »

I can’t talk for the others but as for my post your point is what?
I just happened to make a connection between a new Associate director and a new development company….maybe redevelopment is closer than ever. Maybe it’s a sign of some imminent progress…joining the dots and all that.

What do you think I meant???

Hey if you were just joining the dots and that's where you think this could be going it's double celebration for you trust guys.  Local businessman, born and bred in the town heck even sort of ex-player joins the club and the redev might finally be progressing at last.  A positive couple of baby steps towards what the trust wanted surely?

Why so much negativity from your colleagues on Twitter do you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2021, 09:01:29 am »

I don’t understand why there is an assumption that the the choice is binary between the Trust and the current owners. At the moment, KT and DB are the rightful owners. That’s whether you like it or not. Should that situation change, why is it inevitable that the Trust are the only choice. After all, they are hardly popular with the club staff, and by no means representative of the main body of support.

I do find it interesting though, that we are now seeing ownership coming out as a motivational factor behind their stanceThat just muddies the waters further. Because they will need the land as much as the next man to further the development. So how do we guarantee that in trying to stop KT and DB from allegedly profiteering, that some others (any interested party) don’t just have designs on the land and any potential that comes out of that.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:48 am »

The Trust want a good deal for the football club in this one-off opportunity to move the club forward ie: the land deal.

They are not saying KT should not benefit, they are saying there are better options and opportunities
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2021, 09:49:00 am »

The Trust want a good deal for the football club in this one-off opportunity to move the club forward ie: the land deal.

They are not saying KT should not benefit, they are saying there are better options and opportunities

And what are those?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »

I don’t understand why there is an assumption that the the choice is binary between the Trust and the current owners. At the moment, KT and DB are the rightful owners. That’s whether you like it or not. Should that situation change, why is it inevitable that the Trust are the only choice. After all, they are hardly popular with the club staff, and by no means representative of the main body of support.

I do find it interesting though, that we are now seeing ownership coming out as a motivational factor behind their stanceThat just muddies the waters further. Because they will need the land as much as the next man to further the development. So how do we guarantee that in trying to stop KT and DB from allegedly profiteering, that some others (any interested party) don’t just have designs on the land and any potential that comes out of that.

Because if the current owners don't get what they want from the council, with the debt that has been built up around the club no one else is going to bail the current owners out, and no one other than the Trust post apocalypse will want to go anywhere near it?
Just a guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2021, 12:16:01 pm »

Sp how much have the trust offered?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2021, 12:19:10 pm »

Sp how much have the trust offered?
They would probably be able to offer as much as any other interested party would want to in a worst case scenario. Even with their limited resources.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2021, 18:51:59 pm »

Because if the current owners don't get what they want from the council, with the debt that has been built up around the club no one else is going to bail the current owners out, and no one other than the Trust post apocalypse will want to go anywhere near it?
Just a guess.

Well… It’s a rather naive assumption. The Trust don’t have the funds to buy a half decent car let alone bail out a club millions in debt. So administrators would be looking to salvage what they can in terms of assets, of which none exist, so it would most likely mean starting from nothing outside the league. Unless of course some lunatic with millions fancies a pop. 

In that scenario, I’d favour a shot at it from those who are already running it. James Whiting and co are just as likely, if not more capable of bringing together a decent management team to bring us back out of the ashes. I can’t see what the Trust would offer that they need. James, Nick Ancell, Gareth Willsher and co have years of experience of running the club. The Trust bring nothing to the table in terms of finance or experience in that field.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 18:53:44 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2021, 19:18:29 pm »

Well… It’s a rather naive assumption. The Trust don’t have the funds to buy a half decent car let alone bail out a club millions in debt. So administrators would be looking to salvage what they can in terms of assets, of which none exist, so it would most likely mean starting from nothing outside the league. Unless of course some lunatic with millions fancies a pop. 

In that scenario, I’d favour a shot at it from those who are already running it. James Whiting and co are just as likely, if not more capable of bringing together a decent management team to bring us back out of the ashes. I can’t see what the Trust would offer that they need. James, Nick Ancell, Gareth Willsher and co have years of experience of running the club. The Trust bring nothing to the table in terms of finance or experience in that field.

I would think James, Gareth et al would be more concerned with securing safe proven alternative employment under those circumstances. However much my heart was with NTFC if I had a family who were reliant on me I know I would.

I was answering your question, why is.it a
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2021, 19:41:08 pm »

This new associate director has 'enjoyed the hospitality at the club for a number of years' so that explains a lot! The Dove from above!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2021, 10:23:27 am »

Why so much negativity from your colleagues on Twitter do you think?

….. because the most vocal KT detractors are so entrenched in their views they would never concede he might just do something right - it also shows they lack the emotional intelligence to understand a degree of compromise is always necessary in these situations
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2021, 10:28:18 am »

Is there any need for that? Really?
They just can’t help themselves mate, any excuse to knock the trust, pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: