The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:24:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC Trust Presentation to WNC  (Read 12528 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2021, 18:57:08 pm »

… & still you don’t address the question - are the Trust representing the democratic viewport their membership - we know they are representing your views and in the fullness of time that may prove to be correct it it’s not the question

It is not a co-operative, like all Boards they have to take actions, are you a Trust member?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2021, 19:01:38 pm »

You've got to be fair Manny. For the best part of 2-3 years now, we had either those from the Trust, or a minority of very vocal Trust supporters/hangers on, promising us the big killer story. You very much included. During that time, all that the vast majority of the support have been guilty of, is waiting patiently for it to manifest. Sadly, I know just how hard some people have scrapped away tirelessly to present something that justifies the huge billing they give it… So don’t be surprised at all if absolutely zero credibility is given to those people. It’s not that we support KT. We just don’t have the pathological hatred that some do for him.
Tel, I don’t have hatred for KT at all, he’s a business man trying to make money, that’s fair enough, BUT when it’s at the expense of the club I support then that’s different.
I’ve said many times that I would like a fair deal for all the stakeholders, KT and DB included.
It’s all hypothetical at the moment until their is a deal the council likes.
I see nothing wrong with holding our owners to account and fully support it.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2021, 19:10:49 pm »

I don’t want to get personal but if your views reflect the trust‘s fiscal understanding then a fan owned club led by the trust is not likely to have a happy ending - let’s leave it there - we both want the best for the club but will probably continue to differ on how to achieve it.

Ha ha that old chestnut, run away with your fingers in your ears.

Another discussion you have lost, sorry but in what planet or financial reckoning can you say that our owners and our football is in good condition???  I am not cherry picking facts, the facts are there, you really really really think it is better to rely on 1 75 year old non-football person who lives 4000 miles away, than 1000 lifelong supporters who live in the area (or have done)

TELL ME WHERE THIS £7M OF DEBT HAS BEEN SPENT, WHERE IT IS MUCH BETTER VALUE AND FINANCIAL ASTUTE?

Tell me how we are overall better off than Accrington, Plymouth, Exeter, FGR, Fleetwood, Peterborough, Luton, Millwall, Burnley, Lincoln, Oxford, Rochdale, Tranmere, Wycombe, etc etc etc

Tell me why I should be grateful we have KT and not Northampton owners?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2021, 19:12:58 pm »

Tel, I don’t have hatred for KT at all, he’s a business man trying to make money, that’s fair enough, BUT when it’s at the expense of the club I support then that’s different.
I’ve said many times that I would like a fair deal for all the stakeholders, KT and DB included.
It’s all hypothetical at the moment until their is a deal the council likes.
I see nothing wrong with holding our owners to account and fully support it.

Agreed Manny but KT has done an awful job on value for his £6m debt, I don't believe he deserves to get it ALL back on the back on NTFC assets. You invest in a business and you don't do a good job you can lose money. Just like Cardoza,
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2021, 19:14:12 pm »

I‘m genuinely quite sorry you wrote that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2021, 19:20:37 pm »

Are you a Trust member CW? 
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2021, 19:44:27 pm »

Are you a Trust member CW? 

Yes life member and contribute further annually but I have written to the board expressing my concern on their approach and why I feel it is not in line with their stated democratic charter - I have acknowledged the good work they have done in the past and politely suggested how I would approach the current issue - I have yet to receive a reply
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2021, 19:47:26 pm »

Thanks CW, perhaps you could attend a board meeting and discuss some of these important issues further.

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2021, 19:50:14 pm »

… & still you don’t address the question - are the Trust representing the democratic viewport their membership - we know they are representing your views and in the fullness of time that may prove to be correct it it’s not the question

No he wasn't there. It was a Trust board presentation and no other individuals were invited
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2021, 20:06:04 pm »

Fûck me Dave you need to lighten up a bit mate, I’ll buy you a pint, how that sound?

Mine's a pint of the black stuff please.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2021, 20:08:00 pm »

No he wasn't there. It was a Trust board presentation and no other individuals were invited

Apologies I should have said echoing or agreeing with Random‘s views - not representing them which was an incorrect description.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2021, 20:10:06 pm »

I‘m still waiting for Manny to accept the offer of a drink in my backyard on 9th October
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2021, 20:15:01 pm »

I‘m still waiting for Manny to accept the offer of a drink in my backyard on 9th October

I'm not going anywhere near your back passage, I'm mean yard.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2021, 20:29:44 pm »

👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2021, 21:04:10 pm »

Grin I’ll be there.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2021, 22:33:40 pm »

Thanks CW, perhaps you could attend a board meeting and discuss some of these important issues further.

That’s an offer hard to refuse CW gives you the opportunity to put names to faces!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2021, 00:38:39 am »

Another discussion you have lost, sorry but in what planet or financial reckoning can you say that our owners and our football is in good condition???  I am not cherry picking facts, the facts are there, you really really really think it is better to rely on 1 75 year old non-football person who lives 4000 miles away, than 1000 lifelong supporters who live in the area (or have done)

TELL ME WHERE THIS £7M OF DEBT HAS BEEN SPENT, WHERE IT IS MUCH BETTER VALUE AND FINANCIAL ASTUTE?

Tell me how we are overall better off than Accrington, Plymouth, Exeter, FGR, Fleetwood, Peterborough, Luton, Millwall, Burnley, Lincoln, Oxford, Rochdale, Tranmere, Wycombe, etc etc etc

Tell me why I should be grateful we have KT and not Northampton owners?
What if you’re wrong Random. What if the Board get their wish and the owners decide to walk as they are not prepared to bankroll the club any longer. Can you, the Board and everyone else on that side of the fence guarantee the future of our club. Can you assure me and others like me there are plans in place and ready to go that confirm without hesitation that there are the financial resources to ensure the stability of NTFC. I hope you are right, I really do.

However, suppressing the opinion and attacking those that have concerns and a right to express them is unacceptable. To reiterate, the Board are influencing contractual negotiations that may affect the club in a profound manner. A possible outcome as you rightly point out is to seize the opportunity to secure assets in the hope of providing a better future for NTFC. Another very real possibility is that the owners become frustrated cut their losses and walk. If you, the Board and everyone else over in Shangri-la are able to placate and provide reassurance that the club we love isn’t going to go down the Kermit as a result that would be very nice. However all I am seeing at the moment is plenty of posturing but nothing of any substance whatsoever. And don’t keep rattling on about all these other examples. We are Northampton Town Football Club, what are we going to do and what resources and individuals do we have in place to guarantee it continues beyond the lovely dream you and everyone else like you keeps promising.

The Board of the trust better know what they are doing. They are currently acting without consulting the membership they were meant to represent. Further to this they were set up to ensure the future of the club and look after its interests. How ironic would it be if their actions resulted in the demise of the club. If this is the route they want to go down then they should do so with the endorsement of the membership and a workable plan for a an alternative. Currently they are doing neither IMO, and we all have a right to express our concerns and have them answered as a result. And that’s not just the members but the wider support base as it affects them too. This acting in isolation, we know best, keep quiet or face ridicule and contempt ain’t no democracy, it’s a dictatorship and it stinks to high heaven.

And no I won’t be tendering my resignation as a member of the Trust, I’m staying right where I am and will keep communicating my concerns to anyone who’s prepared to listen. A novel idea, it’s called democracy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:24:55 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2021, 06:30:46 am »

That's all well and good Melly, but Exeter have more money in the bank than we do....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2021, 06:34:30 am »

That's all well and good Melly, but Exeter have more money in the bank than we do....

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest1269

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2021, 07:09:34 am »

That’s an offer hard to refuse CW gives you the opportunity to put names to faces!

Evers - it’s not really an offer, more a suggestion, but the principle of listening to alternative views is sound and if people were more receptive to that concept then there is hope for the future.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: