The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:03:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon (h)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon (h)  (Read 10517 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2021, 21:05:59 pm »

Totally agree about Ali Koiki. He's ridiculous. Can't for the life of me understand how Bristol Rovers let him go for not being good enough. I'd be waving a long term contract under his nose asap.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2021, 21:10:24 pm »

Is it time to cash out on my £50 Ktete leagues top goal scorer bet?

No,  Couple of hatricks and he will be odds on..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2021, 21:50:24 pm »

We might have won that game but for the refs intervention. Apparently the Ref today comes with baggage, strange decisions, over weight and cant keep up with play! Well he generally was able to keep up with play and yes he did make some strange decisions notably our disallowed goal. Ete still not firing on all available cylinders and prone to the odd mistake. Hoskins good second half at least when he decided to pass to one of our own. Roberts good when he had to be but not overly stretched but it got close at times. Both full backs played well as did Sowerby and McW. Saw Mrs Flores with 2 or 3 young kids the youngest had Flores on her T-Shirt. Agree the substitution seemed strange with Lewis coming on for Ete; why not Benny? Still our goal resulted from the Subs  so JB got it right. Again would not play Okey Dokey at left back but left midfieldish were his power surges might be even more effective. Am not entirely convinced on his defensive disciplines as Drilling has commented on. A midfield of Okey, Sowerby and McW might be interesting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:18:39 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2021, 21:57:23 pm »

That’s not strictly true is it? We just can’t score the chances we create

Spot on - if only, fair chance we might have been 2/3 up by half time
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2021, 22:12:33 pm »

Apparently it was the fourth official who saw the foul in the build up to the disallowed effort. So the ref was not to blame on this occasion.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2021, 22:20:53 pm »

Apparently it was the fourth official who saw the foul in the build up to the disallowed effort. So the ref was not to blame on this occasion.

To be fair if I was the 4th official I would have agreed to almost anything to shut that knob of a manager constantly yakking in my ear. I know they all do it a bit but this guy really was off the scale. And he was still at it after he got the goal overturned!
The league need to do something about it. I would take the radio link away from them and just let them manage the substitutions.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2021, 05:15:57 am »

Just finished watching the game. The thing that is starting to come across more and more is the team spirit and unity. I noticed how we surrounded the ref at Newport for one of their bookings. Not perhaps the wisest response, but their was none of that last season. The goal celebrations seem to have gone up a notch too. All fairly obvious indicators that the players really care. Last year the squad in certain quarters seemed to be ever so slightly going through the motions by way of picking up a wage packet at times. This season there is more desire and passion all over the pitch. Although it’s been said many times we also have what’s turning out to be a very good goalkeeper indeed. I’m not actually sure if his kicking is at times world class or my judgment has been clouded by Mitchell. That ball for Hoskins when he got booked was ridiculously unMitchell like.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3429

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2021, 06:01:56 am »

What part of Thailand do you own a hotel in Steve Massey Massey?

On the beach, Koh Phangan. Just for reference we're currently fully booked!

I echo most comments, superb game to watch for league two, its just a shame we were cheated and cant even have a fit referee, was that a whole barrel of Theakstons he was carrying?

As soon as we find some rhythm or that connection up front we could be quite a handful. We have this league in the bag.. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2021, 06:54:39 am »

On the beach, Koh Phangan. Just for reference we're currently fully booked!

Have you got a Cobblers shirt pinned up behind the bar?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3429

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2021, 07:31:41 am »

Have you got a Cobblers shirt pinned up behind the bar?

Morning Tabasco, we don't have a bar only accommodation but I proudly wear my shirt to the bars when the footballs on, currently I am the only Cobbler here.. Sad   I'll sing on my own, I'm from Northampton, I'll sing on my own.... Grin

The locals love football shirts of any design and wear them daily, ours stands out as true class above all the Premiership trash and always goes down well.. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2021, 07:54:17 am »

I’ve been to many koh’s., but never fancied the full moon vibe. How are they treating COVID out there. Want to return as an Ajarn but only if they are allowing people their freedoms (unlike here)….apologies for all the questions!
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2021, 08:30:39 am »

Totally agree about Ali Koiki. He's ridiculous. Can't for the life of me understand how Bristol Rovers let him go for not being good enough. I'd be waving a long term contract under his nose asap.

To think I got patronising comments by certain members on here for suggesting such a crime.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2021, 09:13:30 am »

I’ve been to many koh’s., but never fancied the full moon vibe. How are they treating COVID out there. Want to return as an Ajarn but only if they are allowing people their freedoms (unlike here)….apologies for all the questions!

I was going to PM you but the information may be of interest to others so apologies to all for the massive thread swerve but I have met a Swindon fan here before. Roll Eyes

You can get here if double vaccinated, we are currently part of The Samui Plus, Phuket Sand box scheme however the talk is all will be open to double vaccinated by mid October including Bangkok. On KP we have many long term "tourists" and others working online, who have chosen to leave Bangkok so therefore the island feels busy and quite normal in many areas. Koh Samui feels very different.

The Full Moon, despite its notoriety has never been an issue and unless you were staying in Haad Rin itself you would never really know it was on other than ferries being full of teenagers wearing day glo for a few days. The island is a haven for yoga, wellbeing and meditation which doesn't really mix well with all that so there are places here for everyone. There are endless You Tubers doing their vlogs from here recently so it wont take a long search to see whats going on.

Things will open up further soon and January and February are possibly the best months of the year to be here regarding weather and sea conditions and of course all games are available on iFollow!

UTC (Asian Branch)
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2021, 09:15:51 am »

i think that’s the best we have played for quite some time . We were very unlucky not to have won and it is really encouraging for the future.
The referee robbed us of a goal by getting sucked in and then couldn’t get a decision right after that .
Koiki was superb although it was his error for their goal because the man got inside of him .
Magowan also very good along with Rose who kept going all game .
We have to do something about Hoskins - he didn’t beat his man once today and should have scored when put through .
All in all a really enjoyable game .
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2021, 09:16:59 am »

fell out with Barton is the reason
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2021, 09:38:04 am »

i think that’s the best we have played for quite some time . We were very unlucky not to have won and it is really encouraging for the future.
The referee robbed us of a goal by getting sucked in and then couldn’t get a decision right after that .
Koiki was superb although it was his error for their goal because the man got inside of him .
Magowan also very good along with Rose who kept going all game .
We have to do something about Hoskins - he didn’t beat his man once today and should have scored when put through .
All in all a really enjoyable game .
I’ve got to be honest and say that Pinnock didn’t have a great game, he’s good going forward but defensively he’s a liability.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2021, 09:40:29 am »

A 'training ground' piece of blocking by Horsfall on their defender which, unfortunately for us, was spotted by the 4th Official. Normally we'd get away with it but...  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2021, 09:43:13 am »

fell out with Barton is the reason

And with that he goes further up in my estimations!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2021, 09:48:25 am »

To think I got patronising comments by certain members on here for suggesting such a crime.

I had the same when saying a former manager should have been removed long ago  Tongue Grin Take no offence and know you're right on this one lad  Cool[quote

author=BackOfTheNet link=topic=20446.msg446880#msg446880 date=1632044593]
And with that he goes further up in my estimations!
[/quote]

Absolutely the same  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2021, 09:58:02 am »

Just finished watching the game. The thing that is starting to come across more and more is the team spirit and unity. I noticed how we surrounded the ref at Newport for one of their bookings. Not perhaps the wisest response, but their was none of that last season. The goal celebrations seem to have gone up a notch too. All fairly obvious indicators that the players really care. Last year the squad in certain quarters seemed to be ever so slightly going through the motions by way of picking up a wage packet at times. This season there is more desire and passion all over the pitch. Although it’s been said many times we also have what’s turning out to be a very good goalkeeper indeed. I’m not actually sure if his kicking is at times world class or my judgment has been clouded by Mitchell. That ball for Hoskins when he got booked was ridiculously unMitchell like.

It is. Unbelievable accuracy. Also made a couple of cracking saves yesterday too.

Where's that Walsall fan who told us he was terrible  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: