The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:27:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon (h)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon (h)  (Read 10515 times)
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2021, 10:02:39 am »

Interestingly/bizarrely, the Sky League 2 highlights don't show our disallowed goal.
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2021, 10:05:20 am »

Steve Massey thank you for the info. Are they insisting on people being double vaccinated travelling in to BKK?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2021, 10:25:23 am »

Interestingly/bizarrely, the Sky League 2 highlights don't show our disallowed goal.

Quest does...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2021, 11:10:42 am »

Entertaining game, good atmosphere and some decent performances, on the down side the substitutions were terrible, Lewis for Etete WTF?
Thought Hoskins doesn’t look right, he looks to still be suffering from COVID saw him walking around catching his breath a few times, mind you is a side effect of COVID the inability to pass to a team mate?

You just can't resist having a go at him can you? He was excellent yesterday, full stop.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2021, 11:38:46 am »

No. We are the only ones stupid enough to turn away revenue.

Be interesting to learn the ‘ raison d'être’ behind this decision. Don’t think all at NTFC are stupid!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2021, 11:42:58 am »

Never heard of a fourth official dissallowing a goal before and just watched it on Quest and bloke on there said much the same.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2021, 12:13:49 pm »

FA guidance;

Guidelines for Referees

Referees should ensure that, like assistant referees, the Fourth Official ‘assists’ with their match control. The
primary responsibility for controlling the match remains with the referee who makes the final decision at all
times. In discharging this responsibility it is expected that referees will only seek assistance from the Fourth
Official in respect of significant match changing incidents which have been missed by the other three match
officials and which are clearly visible to the Fourth Official. Such incidents are: 
 red card offences
 yellow card offences (as these could lead to a player been dismissed for a second yellow card)
 penalty area offences (e.g. handball on the goal line to prevent or illegally score a goal)  The Fourth Official must also indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned or dismissed because
of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent off having been seen to be given a second caution.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2021, 12:29:46 pm »

Quest does...  Wink

And, was it ?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2021, 12:32:09 pm »

And, was it ?

Yes it was a foul and it was still disallowed.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2021, 12:37:11 pm »

Thoroughly enjoyable game. I guess a draw is a fair result but both sides could have nicked it.

A few thoughts from me:
Koiki has indeed been excellent, I actually think LB is his best position, despite some suggestions he may be utilised further forward. I think coming onto the ball with space ahead of him means that he can utilise his pace and power coming onto the ball. I think playing as a winger requires a different skill set and having the game ahead of him allows the excellent bursts forward we have seen.

McWilliams was it his best acting as a midfield destroyer, covering every blade of grass. Having Sowerby next to him who is more comfortable on the ball makes us much more dynamic.

Ekete is our best forward and once he gets one will go on a run, I am still certain of it. When he gets the ball to feet his ability to run with the ball is fantastic. Should have scored yesterday but I am convinced it will come.

The defence and keeper really are rock solid, huge credit to the Brady bunch for getting this right. Building from the back is the best way moving forward.

One slight criticism would be the substitutions.

Connolly is rapid but his touch is non existent, understand the theory but I just think as an actual footballer, not just an athlete he is poor.
Kibamba likewise seems to be ok at lots of things but not great at any, feel he completely lacks goal threat, taking off Etete seemed really odd to me. Lewis coming on makes sense as he is capable of scoring from CM.

I hope we stick with Rose and Etete as I feel that they are clearly out best two up top.

A great game and great atmosphere though, onward and upward!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2021, 12:45:37 pm »

Well Quest certainly showed the disallowed goal but cameras didn't catch the "foul".

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2021, 13:54:42 pm »

You just can't resist having a go at him can you? He was excellent yesterday, full stop.
No he wasn’t, his final ball and decision making are sub standard even for this division.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2021, 14:00:28 pm »

I hope we stick with Rose and Etete as I feel that they are clearly out best two up top.

I think it’s only our great defensive record, set piece goals and a healthy league position (though in a very tight league) that has meant there hasn’t been more criticism over us as an attacking unit. While I hope you are right and things will just come good, as there seems to be little sign of Brady making significant changes in formation or personnel, I do worry we are throwing away points by not really addressing the issue of scoring goals in open play.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2021, 14:12:11 pm »

I think it’s only our great defensive record, set piece goals and a healthy league position (though in a very tight league) that has meant there hasn’t been more criticism over us as an attacking unit. While I hope you are right and things will just come good, as there seems to be little sign of Brady making significant changes in formation or personnel, I do worry we are throwing away points by not really addressing the issue of scoring goals in open play.

Rose and ‘Ete should be doing that and until January are probably our best bet for goals!
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2021, 14:14:22 pm »

The locals love football shirts of any design and wear them daily, ours stands out as true class above all the Premiership trash and always goes down well.. Shocked

Let me know if you spot a local wearing this :

I lost it in Coral Bungalows about 2012-2013  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2021, 14:31:40 pm »

Rose and ‘Ete should be doing that and until January are probably our best bet for goals!

Guthrie and Horsefall look more likely to get the goals at present.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2021, 15:31:52 pm »

No he wasn’t, his final ball and decision making are sub standard even for this division.

Sometimes yes, but not yesterday in my opinion. In fact, he put in a number of very good crosses and corners, as well as making his usual good runs and one amazing block in our penalty area. I wouldn't say his decision making was poor yesterday either. I think it's usually poorest when he sees a shooting chance and misses better options because he wants to go for goal himself, but I don't remember that happening yesterday. Overall he does a lot more good things than bad and is a well-above average L2 player.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2021, 16:09:10 pm »

Sometimes yes, but not yesterday in my opinion. In fact, he put in a number of very good crosses and corners, as well as making his usual good runs and one amazing block in our penalty area. I wouldn't say his decision making was poor yesterday either. I think it's usually poorest when he sees a shooting chance and misses better options because he wants to go for goal himself, but I don't remember that happening yesterday. Overall he does a lot more good things than bad and is a well-above average L2 player.
As I said earlier in this thread he was a lot better second half, he is just so frustrating as he has a bit of pace at this level and his first touch has improved massively.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2021, 16:23:15 pm »

Hoskins was my man of the Match - the other 10 players can make bad decisions and nothing ever gets said but god help Hoskins making one bad decision and he is hung for it.
he brought more attacking chances than many others.

Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2021, 16:48:46 pm »

On their Forum one of their fans suggested it was a soft foul at best and that they got lucky at that decision too!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: