The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:54:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What do you think of Sixfields Stadium?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of Sixfields Stadium?  (Read 5272 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 14:05:31 pm »

I don't see it as embarrassing as some do, but equally wouldn't have a picture of it as my laptop / phone wallpaper.

With regards to a drummer, if we get a drummer we also need to get a sniper. Nothing says tin pot, non league bunch of c***s more than a **** drummer. Im not a fan!

Outside I think more needs to be done to make it look sexy. Its just bland now. I think something like photos of legends or great moments as window stickers to cover the full length. The ones where you can still see out of the windows but gives more to look at outside. Can we paint the grey corrugate in claret? Or the support pillars in claret.

Absolutely!
FGR got it down to a tee with the excruciatingly cringeable 'adiadiadio...FGR are the team for me'  Roll Eyes

As for making Sixfields sexy...pictures of Emma Raducanu would do a lot more on that front than pics of Sammo, Frain, Jeema or Lee Geary!  Wink
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 14:09:11 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 14:15:16 pm »

I think there are quite a few ways the Sixfields could be improved and, at the same time, make more money for NTFC. Lets start with Carr's Bar, at £4.20 a pint it's quite a bit dearer than the Tavern, why not have an "happy hour" from opening time until 1.45, all beers £3.50. I'm sure most Cobblers fans would prefer to support the club rather than Greene King who own the Tavern. Also, it can be difficult to get served in Carr's, so why not have a bottle bar just inside the door to help with that. Get a couple of old Porta Cabins on the South Car Park for the away fans to drink in. Offer free tickets to a few fans to "Tart" the cabins up a bit and make it look welcoming, Fit a large awning outside Carr's in case it rains.
     Get some decent pies into the snack bars, plenty of local butchers sell some lovely pies , Sauls of  Spratton, Lee's of Earls Barton or, best of all, Measures of Brampton, Huntingdon.
     I've heard a few people going on about broken windows, surely we must have a few glaziers in our fan base who would sort these out for a few free tickets or hospitality at a match. We make no effort what so ever to utilise any of our fan bases skills.
     Maybe once or twice a year ask for some volunteers to wash the bird sh*t off the seats again for some small rewards. I little spent here and there just generally tarting things up would make a big difference  
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 14:22:37 pm »

Bring back cheerleaders at half time.
Put pictures on the cladding in the ends of the West Stand like at Bournemouth. Brighten it up a bit.
Stop the half time pizza nonsense.
Bring back shoot the boot.
Kiss Cam at half time.
Introduce a swear box to raise funds for redevelopment from Jeema.
Do random draw of 6 season ticket holders for a free hospitality package each game.
More brass bands.
Prize draw for a week in Florida or Dubai with Kelvin or David.
Pictures of DC for people to stick unwanted chewing gum on rather than drop it.
Move to Franklins Gardens
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 14:24:21 pm »

FGR ground, it's not a stadium !!, looked really clean and tidy, even the advertising hoardings, perhaps they were all new. It also had a very modern digital scoreboard (in a weird low location) and some scrolling digital advertising hoardings.

Atmosphere was ok considering only 2500 crowd, they had a drummer,  they had home standing behind each goal.

Sixfields just looks so old and tired, although we have a big scoreboard it's not that easy to read.

What do you guys think, what would you do to improve it.  Do you like away fans just in the East?

Please please can we just have genuine comments, no sniping, no trying to score points, I really want to encourage some of those who rarely post to have a voice.

Thanks everyone

(sorry updated title as i didn't mean Sixfields Area)

Do we accept card at the various food outlets in the stadium yet?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 15:10:57 pm »

With regards to a drummer, if we get a drummer we also need to get a sniper

Not if they are anything like our strikers. They'd miss!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2021, 15:32:25 pm »

Absolutely!
FGR got it down to a tee with the excruciatingly cringeable 'adiadiadio...FGR are the team for me'  Roll Eyes

As for making Sixfields sexy...pictures of Emma Raducanu would do a lot more on that front than pics of Sammo, Frain, Jeema or Lee Geary!  Wink
I reckon I could take her over 5 sets.

Well the most obvious fcuking answer is for our owners to finish the east stand like they promised however many years ago, regardless of it making economic sense or not.
For anyone visiting for the first time it has to be the biggest eyesore.

Once that is done the rest will fall in place and we'll be playing championship football before you know it
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 16:02:09 pm »

I think there are quite a few ways the Sixfields could be improved and, at the same time, make more money for NTFC. Lets start with Carr's Bar, at £4.20 a pint it's quite a bit dearer than the Tavern, why not have an "happy hour" from opening time until 1.45, all beers £3.50. I'm sure most Cobblers fans would prefer to support the club rather than Greene King who own the Tavern. Also, it can be difficult to get served in Carr's, so why not have a bottle bar just inside the door to help with that. Get a couple of old Porta Cabins on the South Car Park for the away fans to drink in. Offer free tickets to a few fans to "Tart" the cabins up a bit and make it look welcoming, Fit a large awning outside Carr's in case it rains.
     Get some decent pies into the snack bars, plenty of local butchers sell some lovely pies , Sauls of  Spratton, Lee's of Earls Barton or, best of all, Measures of Brampton, Huntingdon.
     I've heard a few people going on about broken windows, surely we must have a few glaziers in our fan base who would sort these out for a few free tickets or hospitality at a match. We make no effort what so ever to utilise any of our fan bases skills.
     Maybe once or twice a year ask for some volunteers to wash the bird sh*t off the seats again for some small rewards. I little spent here and there just generally tarting things up would make a big difference  

They have closed.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 16:03:08 pm »

The other two are open and thriving
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 16:04:19 pm »

They have closed.

Hi Singcobb, so what are you thoughts (and dreams) for Sixfields
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 16:22:52 pm »

They have closed.

They're flogging some beef today. Looks like they are still trading at Smith's Farm Shop, and delivery and vans at the Saints etc
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 16:28:55 pm »

Thanks Carton, trying to have a constructive thread on peoples thoughts and experiences of Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 16:55:29 pm »

I went to watch Charlton last week and the drummers (there were 2) created a right racket but did get a great proportion of the 13000 crowd clapping and cheering along. Lincoln had a drummer in their stand and when 10000 were there it had the same effect. Trumpeters and drummers at Wembley……they work when there is a big crowd. Won’t have the same effect at Sixfields!!

The Valley was all contactless, no cash taken anywhere in the ground, and the turnstiles were completely automated…bar code entry.

Reference has been made to Sixfields looking tired….and offering free tickets to local businesses in return for a bit of work….I thought this was already being done? There was a chap who was caretaker at a local school, he got a free season ticket for doing bits and bobs around the ground.

The ground itself as it is just needs tidying up and certain aspects brought into the 2020’s rather than still look all 1994…..it’s amazing what a lick of paint can do!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2608

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2021, 16:56:33 pm »

Ahhhh I get it.....
Ask a few of us what we think, then put another wordy slide into the Trust deck to further slate the club.
Just out of interest.... is there any reason why the Trust board on here can't name themselves so we know who is talking to us or is that a secret?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 17:09:48 pm »

You could look for a new stadium sponser, as PTS have gone bust.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 17:35:32 pm »

PTS weren't Staduim sponsors this season anyway, so I think they are, already have been looking.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest168

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2021, 17:39:33 pm »

Ahhhh I get it.....
Ask a few of us what we think, then put another wordy slide into the Trust deck to further slate the club.
Just out of interest.... is there any reason why the Trust board on here can't name themselves so we know who is talking to us or is that a secret?

Thanks  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 17:41:02 pm »

Genuinely most of the suggestions are just tinkering round the edges aren't they.  What real difference do any of the suggestions make in the long run?

Currently Sixfields does what it needs to do in league two so in other words....adequate.

Honestly though, I would do one of two things.  Either knock the whole thing down and start again building a 30k+ stadium on the same site with a ground containing everything you would need to support a top championship club.  Or hand the keys back to the council and do the same thing on a brand new site.  We could play at the Saints ground while this is being done.

It could be funded by a mixture of enabling development, council, wealthy local businessmen, crowd funding and grants.

It's been done elsewhere as we've seen in MK, Coventry, Derby, Leicester and so on.  If they can do it then why can't we.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 17:58:24 pm »

The RCTE thread is two down.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2021, 18:11:56 pm »

The RCTE thread is two down.

He asked what would we do to improve Sixfields.  I'd say knocking it down and replacing it with a purpose built 30k capacity stadium is an improvement, wouldn't you?
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 18:13:52 pm »

PTS weren't Staduim sponsors this season anyway, so I think they are, already have been looking.

I hadn't realised PTS were no longer the Stadium sponsors until I read the Chron article today. I always hated the name anyway and it was always Sixfields to me.  
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: