The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:45:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What do you think of Sixfields Stadium?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of Sixfields Stadium?  (Read 5266 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 18:26:43 pm »

Should get sponsored by Edge of Town pub.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 18:32:10 pm »

Trumpeters and drummers at Wembley……they work when there is a big crowd.

I hate the England band with a passion
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 18:38:40 pm »

You could look for a new stadium sponser, as PTS have gone bust.
Looks like the stadium sponsorship did the trick then.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2021, 18:45:29 pm »

I hate the England band with a passion

They owed the club a good old wedge.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2021, 19:09:05 pm »

I don't think the England band owe us anything but PTS owe us £70,000.
I would not want a 30,000 stadium, at the moment, with us unlikely to get over 6000 in this division and probably no more than 10,000 in division 1 with teams who bring a large following. This equate to only 1 seat in 5 taken in div.2 and 1 seat in 5 taken in div.1. When we play at Stadium MK the atmosphere is generated from the away end with us all being seated together. Very little from MK supporters spread around the rest of the stadium. I prefer a smaller capacity with a higher % of seats filled until we are near to needing anything much larger.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2021, 19:12:46 pm »

Should get sponsored by Edge of Town pub.
I can think of one person that will react to this.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3063

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2021, 19:46:09 pm »

Embarrassing.

That's not very nice. Calling Random embarrassing  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2021, 06:44:51 am »

We are told these days everyone's view matters so here's mine.

I hate it. I stopped going even when I lived in town and only went away, now that says a lot. If a diehard wont go how are new supporters supposed to be enticed and how many potential customers are we losing?

I don't buy this crap that it's adequate for league two, as its absolutely not for league one and isn't that where we are aiming? Due to our location, away followings of over 2000 could regularly be expected in league one and when a large crowd is anticipated it stirs up home fans into going too. 2000 plus away could quite easily create a 10,000 plus home gate here. Currently we will never know.

My perspective it would be a perfect stadium if the West stand (design) of two tiers, continued and wrapped around both the north and south ends. The East stand would be fine as now intended predominantly media/corporate and stand alone. My guess, this would make it around 18-20k?

Then again as long as I have a hole in my arse or we could just wait to win the Championship first... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2021, 06:57:30 am »

That's not very nice. Calling Random embarrassing  Wink
Grin His heart is in the right place.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2021, 07:33:38 am »

We are told these days everyone's view matters so here's mine.

I hate it. I stopped going even when I lived in town and only went away, now that says a lot. If a diehard wont go how are new supporters supposed to be enticed and how many potential customers are we losing?

I don't buy this crap that it's adequate for league two, as its absolutely not for league one and isn't that where we are aiming? Due to our location, away followings of over 2000 could regularly be expected in league one and when a large crowd is anticipated it stirs up home fans into going too. 2000 plus away could quite easily create a 10,000 plus home gate here. Currently we will never know.

My perspective it would be a perfect stadium if the West stand (design) of two tiers, continued and wrapped around both the north and south ends. The East stand would be fine as now intended predominantly media/corporate and stand alone. My guess, this would make it around 18-20k?

Then again as long as I have a hole in my arse or we could just wait to win the Championship first... Grin

You talk about the club currently losing potential customers which is a fair concern, but the point seems to be about the capacity of the stadium. I would say there has virtually never been an issue about getting tickets and this is not an issue to new supporters. On the other hand the stadium is now looking shabby and uninviting, so maybe more of the money should be channeled in that direction. I would say a stadium of 18-20k with the attendances we have had in the last couple of years in league 1 and 2 and the lack of atmosphere there would be with so many empty seats would actually be a barrier to new customers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 07:37:19 am »

And still the club won't allow Swindon the extra 400 tickets!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2021, 08:01:34 am »

Genuinely most of the suggestions are just tinkering round the edges aren't they.  What real difference do any of the suggestions make in the long run?

100% knock it down and start again. Or at least fill in the corners. But I was coming at it more from a budget friendly tart it up approach which is what I thought the thread was about.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2021, 09:18:28 am »

You talk about the club currently losing potential customers which is a fair concern, but the point seems to be about the capacity of the stadium. I would say there has virtually never been an issue about getting tickets and this is not an issue to new supporters
I agree, there are not many times when you can't get a ticket BUT it's where those tickets are that's the problem. Take this Saturday's game and a new fan fancies going, A/ They cant buy a ticket online, due to us not having enough capacity for away fans. B/ If they go to the Box Office the only tickets likely to be available are in the corners/at the front where, if it rains, you get soaked and C/ it's difficult to get 2 seats or more together. Not going to encourage that fan to come back again is it ?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2021, 11:11:55 am »

Hi Singcobb, so what are you thoughts (and dreams) for Sixfields

The ultimate dream would be that it is our training ground that is also home for Northmapton Ladies, local football big games and other sports while we are playing in a new 50,000 seat stadium on the edge of town.

In reality I would like to see the east finished, the whole place given a bit of a make over, Carr's Bar extended(either with awning or bricks and mortar) and a new substantial bar/food area behind the north(just think how much money we loose to the Tavern each home game), something done to improve the atmosphere(I emailed Gareth suggesting they get an accoustic engineer in to do an assesment). When and only when we are selling out at least a quarter of our home fixtures would I like to see the corners filled in as a start to increase the capacity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2021, 12:35:39 pm »

The ultimate dream would be that it is our training ground that is also home for Northmapton Ladies, local football big games and other sports while we are playing in a new 50,000 seat stadium on the edge of town.

In reality I would like to see the east finished, the whole place given a bit of a make over, Carr's Bar extended(either with awning or bricks and mortar) and a new substantial bar/food area behind the north(just think how much money we loose to the Tavern each home game), something done to improve the atmosphere(I emailed Gareth suggesting they get an accoustic engineer in to do an assesment). When and only when we are selling out at least a quarter of our home fixtures would I like to see the corners filled in as a start to increase the capacity.

Thanks Sing, do you think increasing the capacity behind the goals would improve the atmosphere. I would prefer to add seats there first rather than in the corners. Corners would be great to create the wrap around. Not sure why clubs don't at least fill the corners with panels of some sort. They could then be used as very big and visual advertising or player images etc.?
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2021, 12:45:40 pm »

I love the location, tons of parking, surrounding amenities....compared to the majority of crap holes we visit. I know some people hold opposing views but their fault for living in the Eastern District or Kingsthorpe.  Grin

The ground itself. Catering is poor and expensive but no worse than most and I'm sure a financial decision by the club to do what they do. It'd be difficult to run anything on such a limited basis. Maybe a local link with an independent but reckon the food prices would still be high.
Getting in/out is fine, even if largish queues. Compare to Coventry when a cash turnstile took almost 20 minutes for a queue of about a dozen to get in.

Just about anywhere in the West Upper provides a good, unrestricted view. Find the North depressing and far too low down. The East if it's warm is OK.
Seats and leg room are pretty poor but appreciate we're not in BA first class.
I would probably attend more at short notice if better seats were available as opposed to the wings and lower seats, especially for £24.
Poor/no atmosphere usually but that's not a new issue and often connected to what's going on in front of us.

Away days are definitely better and something to look forward to but that's not entirely due to the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2021, 12:58:24 pm »

Thanks Sing, do you think increasing the capacity behind the goals would improve the atmosphere. I would prefer to add seats there first rather than in the corners. Corners would be great to create the wrap around. Not sure why clubs don't at least fill the corners with panels of some sort. They could then be used as very big and visual advertising or player images etc.?

Increasing the capacity without filling it would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere I think. I like your idea for covering the corners for more advetising space.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2021, 13:52:17 pm »

Our ground is an embarrassment.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
guest3429

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2021, 06:28:36 am »

What I really think is the stadium should not be run by the football club, it simply doesn't work, in fact the stadium is a milestone around the football clubs neck. It really should be a stadium management company on behalf of the council and community to make full use year round.

If the council had the foresight to take full control, spend £30m now (mortgaged) and develop it further to a superb 25,000 (this was the minimum capacity requirement for European rugby fixtures prior to covid) They could quite easily charge the two guaranteed tenants £50-100k per match  depending on attendance and easily make the repayments.

I say two tenants as given a European standard stadium on their doorstep with the correct facilities at a fantastic rent, The Saints would sell in a flash and bank the cash.

Sixfields, could and should be a huge civic asset of a stadium used for endless events for the Northamptonshire public if professionally managed, with 24/7 facilities to generate profit.

Cover the pitch in June for the Emma Raducanu womens invitation tennis tournament?  Tongue

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2021, 07:11:45 am »

It’s really not that difficult to enhance Sixseats, put the top tiers onto the North and South stands, this would give us enough capacity 10k until IF we ever got into the Championship.
The North can then have bars and entertainment at the back as could the South for visiting fans.
I am lead to believe that the foundations are already in place for the extension, this would give home fans another 1000 home premium seats along with the West upper this would be enough for the casual fan to rock up to the stadium and get a decent view.
Personally I’d rather they spent the £3m doing that than bodge up that dreadful East stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: