The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:50:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 26570 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #300 on: October 05, 2021, 01:24:00 am »

Strange how people who weren't brave enough to put their names forward, are now  critical of people who have, as the Trust members so often put it, if you think you can do a better job put your name forward 😁
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2021, 06:14:09 am »

I'm under no illusions that I have zero chance but nice to have got through stage one  Cheesy Doubt I'll ever get a chance to apply to join the board again so pretty novel.

Well done for putting your head above the parapet, Good luck Dan.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2021, 06:59:41 am »

Strange how people who weren't brave enough to put their names forward, are now  critical of people who have, as the Trust members so often put it, if you think you can do a better job put your name forward 😁

Just to clarify, I hope my comment about Tom wasn't interpreted as criticism of him as it certainly wasn't intended to be.

I actually think he'd do a great job, I just genuinely worry with his existing connections to the club that he'd be putting himself in the firing line.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest49

« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2021, 07:05:45 am »

absolutely no offence to Tom, but how can he be an independent supporter when he has 'worked' in the very inside of the club?

He and his family are 1000% cobblers and through his hard work and devotion has a very good / fun 'role'.

Not sure if it makes him an ideal candidate or not? conflict of interest for a start, so is he giving up the day job, he would have to surely.

I’ll be surprised if someone who isn’t ‘known’ gets the role. I guess you mean his other Cobblers role rather than his actual day job. I don’t think many people would have the luxury of not working, unless they are retired!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2021, 07:12:35 am »

Dont forget its us fans who vote, not the owners etc. Unless we go down the dominion / moon landing route, which I am sure some will.
I agree he is close to the club, although think he would be great in the role. I'm also 90% sure that he is a volunteer and doesn't get paid for matchday hosting, although guessing he gets a season ticket for free or perks like that. Happy to be corrected though.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2021, 07:31:46 am »

Dont forget its us fans who vote, not the owners etc. Unless we go down the dominion / moon landing route, which I am sure some will.
I agree he is close to the club, although think he would be great in the role. I'm also 90% sure that he is a volunteer and doesn't get paid for matchday hosting, although guessing he gets a season ticket for free or perks like that. Happy to be corrected though.
The moon landings were a figment of Stanley Kubrick’s imagination.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2021, 07:43:02 am »

Some say he/she would do a good job or aren't sure but please can someone clarify what his/her role is/would be? They would almost certainly have to sign something to say they wouldn't reveal what went on in the board room so how could they be judged and what is the mechanism to remove them if the voters weren't happy? That is after accepting that decisions don't have to be made in the boardroom...
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2021, 08:55:16 am »

Pretty sure this is all going to be a damp squib

Have the club bothered to post any further details - NO.  You would have though they could have least put up a job description

2 hours to go to get your application in.

Good Luck to all those that apply. Can't wait to read them
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2021, 10:13:16 am »

Pretty sure this is all going to be a damp squib

Have the club bothered to post any further details - NO.  You would have though they could have least put up a job description

2 hours to go to get your application in.

Good Luck to all those that apply. Can't wait to read them
As one of those that have been put in to the KT cheerleader bucket by some this process is ridiculous.
Fair enough when they launched the idea they hadn't determined the details but surely now that nothing has been further communicated the deadline needs extending. If not there will surely be a cloud over the position and create noise that isn't needed. It needs to be a clear and open position so people who apply know what they are applying for and those that vote not what we are voting for.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #309 on: October 05, 2021, 11:03:33 am »

As one of those that have been put in to the KT cheerleader bucket by some this process is ridiculous.
Fair enough when they launched the idea they hadn't determined the details but surely now that nothing has been further communicated the deadline needs extending. If not there will surely be a cloud over the position and create noise that isn't needed. It needs to be a clear and open position so people who apply know what they are applying for and those that vote not what we are voting for.

Agreed Woody, for me it's just another example of "not fit for purpose"
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #310 on: October 05, 2021, 11:04:21 am »

TBF the lack of publicity, advertising and info since that original news has been pretty telling. You would have thought the club would have been really pushing something like this.
I think it’s more of a ‘Lord Mayor of NTFC’ position.
Maybe the club have given more info to anyone who has applied.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #311 on: October 05, 2021, 11:13:18 am »

The moon landings were a figment of Stanley Kubrick’s imagination.

You may well be right, but if so you have just ruined my childhood memories Cry

Still, at least I now know who Stanley Kubrick was Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #312 on: October 05, 2021, 11:21:42 am »

Times up, applications are now closed

How many do we think applied?

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 05, 2021, 11:26:47 am »

I'm assuming that those who have expressed an interest and got through the first filter would have been provided with more information regarding the role?  If not, they should have by the time it gets any further?
It might be a case of the applicant providing their own ideas about what they expect or intend to be doing within the limitations placed on them as a non-financial board member?  
For a new appointment like this, there is probably some fluidity regarding the Job Spec?
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2021, 11:47:28 am »

Times up, applications are now closed

How many do we think applied?

Less the better. Vote for Pearce.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest3359

« Reply #315 on: October 05, 2021, 12:16:47 pm »

I'm assuming that those who have expressed an interest and got through the first filter would have been provided with more information regarding the role?  If not, they should have by the time it gets any further?
It might be a case of the applicant providing their own ideas about what they expect or intend to be doing within the limitations placed on them as a non-financial board member?  
For a new appointment like this, there is probably some fluidity regarding the Job Spec?

Agree with this. But... would have expected there to have been the basics of the roll and then a statement to say the club, shareholders and new appointee will agree the details before making it formal / legal.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 05, 2021, 12:36:57 pm »

Agree with this. But... would have expected there to have been the basics of the roll and then a statement to say the club, shareholders and new appointee will agree the details before making it formal / legal.

Agree, but I was only putting forward a suggestion. It maybe way off the mark.
Dan might be able to provide additional information?
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #317 on: October 05, 2021, 12:44:21 pm »

Less the better. Vote for Pearce.

Trawling through the official club website, I think the club also thought the "less the better"!
Unless you were a visitor to this website, or happened to see the news on the day, I doubt you'd have seen the position advertised.
Let's see who is in the frame.

Good luck Dan.
Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #318 on: October 05, 2021, 13:10:06 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/supporters_representatives/
Report Spam   Logged
guest49