The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:15:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Northampton Town Women

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northampton Town Women  (Read 11145 times)
guest3481

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2022, 07:16:49 am »

That's one of the issues with the women's game, especially lower down the pyramid. There are big differences in abilities within the leagues.
It doesn't help with their development. Not sure if they will now progress to face better opposition.
England beating Latvia 20 nil is a prime example that it can happen at all levels.

Great achievement though and you can only beat what's in front of you. Would be good to see a few more games at Sixfields.
They get promoted in to the Division 1 Midlands of the Womens National League. My knowledge is limited but its the lower tier of the national pyramid, but regional.

Posh Women won the league last time it was completed and finished 8th out of 12 (the women beat Posh women in the Northamptonshire cup recently). They beat Bedworth in the FA cup who finished bottom of the Midlands league and the they lost to Lincoln in the FA cup (Lincoln equalised in the 90th minute) who finished 3rd. So will be a step up but no reason they cant do it!

Agree be good to get more games at Sixfields.... If they put a womens game on before a mens game, how many would go early to watch? They do it with rugby and cricket so could be a good option.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2022, 15:47:59 pm »

I popped along to see the Cobblers Women this afternoon. I don't know where Wem Town sit in terms of ability but if they are typical of teams the next level up then the Cobblers are in for a long season.
It was a funny one - we actually played the better football most of the time but after good spells of build up play we repeatedly gave the ball away instead of finding a final ball. The opposition didn't play great football but looked shaper in the final third, taking their chances where we didn't.

I'm not sure of her name but the number 8 who came on for us in the second half stood out - the best player on the pitch by far.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2022, 12:27:41 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-women-claim-landmark-victory-after-putting-seven-past-long-eaton-3864914
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2022, 06:46:33 am »

Great to see the ladies get there first win in a higher division
Report Spam   Logged
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2022, 23:21:20 pm »

Surprised they have not pencilled in a game at Sixfields yet.

Promoted.  And on the back of the Euros, would pull in a decent crowd.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2022, 09:27:56 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/two-cobblers-women-games-to-be-played-at-sixfields-3876384

Dates for your fixtures diary.  Cool

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/delight-for-joint-managers-as-cobblers-women-go-back-to-back-with-sheffield-win-3874921
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 09:33:09 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2022, 06:11:08 am »

About time 👏👏👏👏 aiming for 1000+ crowd I imagine

Could Sun 6 Nov be an FA Cup date though, as that would hinder things???
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2022, 14:10:34 pm »

About time  aiming for 1000+ crowd I imagine

Could Sun 6 Nov be an FA Cup date though, as that would hinder things???

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-draw-details-confirmed-as-cobblers-find-out-their-ball-number-for-first-round-3880415

Possibly.  Unless they 'demand' one of the other days if the Senior men are at home.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2022, 14:43:30 pm »

I've heard Big Ears is having a trial run at crown fitting...so that could scupper plans!

On a serious note, I've rarely driven to Sixfields in years now. For this relatively lower in the ranks fixture, does anyone know if parking restrictions apply, i e. will the main car parks opposite the West Stand be available to all?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2022, 18:37:35 pm »

Just a reminder;
Northampton Town Women v Lincoln City Women.
This Sunday, Sixfields. 2pm.

STHs - free admission (but still need to get tickets)
£3 tickets in advance.
£5 on the day

Programme: £1.50.

Obviously, game not compromised by FAC game at Chesterfield.

If anyone can answer previous post regarding parking at Sixfields, much appreciated. I'm ok with pubs - done some research...they appear to be s***e!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2022, 16:38:10 pm »

I really, really enjoyed the game today.

I've only seen the Cobblers women's team play once before and, frankly, they were bloody awful. I've long been an advocate of them playing their games at Sixfields instead of on a poxy village playing field though, so when this game was announced I thought it was important to go along and show support but, given the last performance I saw, I wasn't expecting much from the game itself, if I'm honest.

What a game though! A 3-2 victory, end to end with no quarter asked or given, some crunching challenges, last ditch blocks and some great goals. The Cobblers second goal in particular was a joy to watch - a proper team goal coming at the end of a flowing move down the field.

Over a thousand there to see it too, so a great advert for future matches.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2022, 16:55:10 pm »

Also really enjoyed it this afternoon, especially on the back of being up in Chesterfield yesterday.

Would have been nice for it to have been a league game, rather than what appears to be a rathe Mickey Mouse cup game - National League Plate?

Worried every time a shot got anywhere near on target of our goal and for much of the game, a tendancy to just boot the ball towards the final third for a lone Alex Dicks to chase, with little or no assistance until final minutes, Kim Farrow taking a grip of the game.
Lady of the match, Favour Omenazu's work rate, enthusiasm and throwing herself around the pitch was deserving of the award, though first half seemed to win little and poor passing when not losing the ball. Second half though, stepped up to the plate and now a favourite...excuse the double puns!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2022, 17:33:07 pm »

I'm not sure of her name but the number 8 who came on for us in the second half stood out - the best player on the pitch by far.

Agreed, Favour was the number 8 that stood out a mile the last time I saw them play. She only came on in the second half of that match - I can only assume she wasn't fully fit as surely she must be the first name on the teamsheet.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3481

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2022, 18:46:14 pm »

The women are back in the FA cup after the other Lincoln (that they lost 7-0 to) have been thrown out for an 'administration error'.
Dont know what it was but seems harsh but hopefully they can make the most of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2022, 19:02:33 pm »

Northampton Town Women drawn away at Wolves in the FAC 2nd.
Game on Sunday November 27th.

Just a note that Wolves Ladies play their home games at AFC Telford's New Bucks Head ground in the Wellington part of Telford

Some memories of there with a friendly and prior to Shrewsbury adventures!
Bit young for Telford away in the Cup around 82 time!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2022, 18:13:05 pm »

Up in Wellington, Shropshire today for quite frankly a shocker on the field in the FAC 2nd;
Wolves Ladies 5 - 0 Northampton Town Ladies.

Completely outclassed by Wolves, who were quicker, sharper and could actually pass and shoot, as opposed to kick and hope for the best, which unfortunately, for most of the time, that's all we did!
Three of the Wolves' five goals were worldies to be fair, the other two well taken.

Felt sorry for new signing, Jade Bell, who showed real talent but isolated up field most of the time. Also, Alex Dicks, who rather bizarrely (think top scorer) only brought on in last 10 to 15 mins or so. As a partnership with Jade Bell, the pair offered a talented threat. The others I'm afraid...

Played at AFC Telford.
Att: 350, maybe 400.

Highlight of the day...the absolutely brilliant Pheasant pub in Wellington town centre. Brewery Tap for the Rowton Brewery!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2023, 08:34:39 am »

Great win for the women last night to move above them along the Nene in the league.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/women_160323/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: