The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:52:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Which League Would You Prefer NTFC to be playing regularly in?

Poll
Question: Which League Would You Prefer NTFC to be playing regularly in?
Championship. - 10 (38.5%)
League 1 - 14 (53.8%)
League 2 - 2 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which League Would You Prefer NTFC to be playing regularly in?  (Read 1668 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 22, 2021, 11:57:02 am »

Where would you like to see NTFC established? 

As we are in L2 against the likes of Crawley, Mansfield, Stevenage and Carlisle?   

Perhaps L1 and games against Sh*tboro, Portsmouth, Accrington and Oxford (with the odd fallen giant thrown in)

or dream of the Championship and trips to Birmingham, Reading, Sheffield U and Cardiff (with the yearly prem rejects - could be Arsenal the way they are heading  Grin)

Genuine question, want to understand what fans want from  their club

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 12:01:28 pm »

Where would you like to see NTFC established? 

As we are in L2 against the likes of Crawley, Mansfield, Stevenage and Carlisle?   

Perhaps L1 and games against Sh*tboro, Portsmouth, Accrington and Oxford (with the odd fallen giant thrown in)

or dream of the Championship and trips to Birmingham, Reading, Sheffield U and Cardiff (with the yearly prem rejects - could be Arsenal the way they are heading  Grin)

Genuine question, want to understand what fans want from  their club

Are you really expecting any other answer than Championship?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 12:10:15 pm »

Im my life time (37) we've played a quarter of the current premier league teams in the league. Why not dream about the Premier League.

What do I think is a realistic short to medium dream, established League 1 with a flirt at the playoffs occasionally. I think it will need something special to make a sustained jump to the championship
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 12:12:46 pm »

Are you really expecting any other answer than Championship?

With the Championship comes higher admission prices, movement of games for TV reasons, possible issues obtaining tickets for every game..... of course we'd like to see us playing on the pitch at the highest level possible but that has to be matched by many things off the pitch too.

Low wage/transfer budgets could see if woefully out of our depth on the pitch for example....wouldn't be much fun getting battered every week!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 12:39:50 pm »

With the Championship comes higher admission prices, movement of games for TV reasons, possible issues obtaining tickets for every game..... of course we'd like to see us playing on the pitch at the highest level possible but that has to be matched by many things off the pitch too.

Low wage/transfer budgets could see if woefully out of our depth on the pitch for example....wouldn't be much fun getting battered every week!

He asked 'regularly and established'..so by definition, we wouldn't be getting battered every week!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 12:45:00 pm »

What do I think is a realistic short to medium dream, established League 1 with a flirt at the playoffs occasionally. I think it will need something special to make a sustained jump to the championship

This, plus the occasional cup run.
Report Spam   Logged
BACobbler

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 12:47:10 pm »

I’ll no doubt be criticised for lack of ambition but I’d be happy with an extended stay in League One.

Throw in the odd challenge for the play-offs, a couple of successful relegation battles and a few exciting cup runs.

(I can remember watching the Cobblers draw 0-0 at Leicester a few years back and thinking, at last we are an established League One side. This moment was followed by a dramatic collapse in form and subsequent relegation!)
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 13:57:33 pm »

He asked 'regularly and established'..so by definition, we wouldn't be getting battered every week!  Wink

True, I’ll give you that!!

On a similar theme would you like to be a Norwich fan? One season of success followed by a season in the premier league getting battered every week for a season before going down again! I do wonder if the fans of norwich, West Brom, Fulham for example are seeking consistency or whether they are happy with their ‘season in the sun’?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest168

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 14:50:47 pm »

On a similar theme would you like to be a Norwich fan? One season of success followed by a season in the premier league getting battered every week for a season before going down again! I do wonder if the fans of norwich, West Brom, Fulham for example are seeking consistency or whether they are happy with their ‘season in the sun’?

I would love to be a fan of one of those clubs, would you prefer to be a Burnley or even Everton fan?  hoping to stay in the league or get in top 7

The excitement of promotion is hard to beat and then the sense of humour we develop when getting beat every week  Grin

Afterall the gates go up when you are either winning or something to really fight for.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 15:34:01 pm »

Random - I don't want to get in another spat but I genuinely have to ask why do you start threads that will simply lead to you expressing you well known view on the current overall situation - there is not a reader or contributor on this board that does not know your opinion so there is nothing new to be gained by this latest question or indeed the last one on thoughts of Sixfields Stadium.

.....however I'm going to indulge you on both

Sixfields is a bang average stadium for L2 - of course with a town and catchment area of our size we have it should be better in many ways but currently that doesn't seem to be happening - cue you telling us all once again why not.

Most fans realistically would like us to be consistently holding our own in L1 with outside chances of flirting occasionally in the championship - not currently happening - so cue you telling us why this is not the case.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 15:41:21 pm »

Norwich are a golden, nay, yellow example of what is wrong with the parachute payments system.
Can't compete in the Premier, and so given a hefty unfair financial wedge to out muscle any rivals in the Championship to have another go at attaining failure.
Meanwhile, Delia thinks the German is doing a great job!

Championship for me. Whilst it would be churlish of me to say I'd then hate promotion to the Prem, in truth it just attracts Jonny come lately knobs from places further afield like Nuneaton and Worcester (two examples going back to 87) who ride on the success, price out existing loyal fans - such as Jeema, who isn't a STH, then drop the club as soon as the success dries up!
Another by product of success is the emergance of 'London' supporters branches coming out of the woodwork!
Hull City and Blackpool are both good examples of attracting the shall we say 'plastics' until success dries up.
Fair play to the loyal 10,000 and 7000 respectively!
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 16:17:26 pm »

Correct Coolcat that's why I said Championship. Random you've given us 3 choices and you said regularly? So why would anybody chose lower than Championship football?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 16:32:44 pm »

When there have been 50 different clubs to feature in the Premier League since it’s inception why not dream big!

Truth be told I’d be happy with being a solid league 1 club with occasional dalliances with the Championship. If Burton, Wycombe etc can do it why can’t we. I would strongly suggest we are bigger than both these clubs with much greater potential albeit untapped in over a 100 years 😂
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest168

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 19:27:37 pm »

Random - I don't want to get in another spat but I genuinely have to ask why do you start threads that will simply lead to you expressing you well known view on the current overall situation - there is not a reader or contributor on this board that does not know your opinion so there is nothing new to be gained by this latest question or indeed the last one on thoughts of Sixfields Stadium.

.....however I'm going to indulge you on both

Sixfields is a bang average stadium for L2 - of course with a town and catchment area of our size we have it should be better in many ways but currently that doesn't seem to be happening - cue you telling us all once again why not.

Most fans realistically would like us to be consistently holding our own in L1 with outside chances of flirting occasionally in the championship - not currently happening - so cue you telling us why this is not the case.

Hi CW, I was just interested in what people wanted, as some had expressed very happy just for football in L2.

Also the Trust has had a lot of stick, including from you, in that it doesn't represent the fan base. The Trust want the club to being doing better and see the land deal / East stand as critical to our medium future and achieving the "holding our own L1, with a chance of promotion".

Again it is not the Trust that have put £6m in debt etc etc etc.

Again damned if we do, damned if we don't.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 19:36:05 pm »

Hi CW, I was just interested in what people wanted, as some had expressed very happy just for football in L2.  fair enough but it does seem to end up as the same conversation

Also the Trust has had a lot of stick, including from you, in that it doesn't represent the fan base. The Trust want the club to being doing better and see the land deal / East stand as critical to our medium future and achieving the "holding our own L1, with a chance of promotion". I disagree - the trust has not had a lot of stick from me & I’m certainly not anti trust - I have asked is the trust truly representing the fan base’s view - they answered the question believing they were and I accepted this view the only caveat being they should not dismiss all who disagree as antitrust or plants from the club

Again it is not the Trust that have put £6m in debt etc etc etc.

Again damned if we do, damned if we don't. The price of power I’m afraid but I am actually very sympathetic to the position
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 19:39:14 pm »

The fans that want more will never be happy as they will always want more.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 19:55:55 pm »

Thanks CW, I accept what you say re the Trust, I know you are always very measured in your posts

The Trust do want more input from supporters, the fact is that it is left to the same few (on both sides)

I know I get frustrated when the Trust are held to account on every little thing yet our owners get a free ride from the same posters.

Again it is important to understand the vast difference in resources.

The Trust is looking to vastly improve its PR and media output,(not difficult  Smiley) so if anyone can help with videoing, interviewing, social media, PR planning and statements etc, please get in touch.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 19:56:44 pm »

That statement is either extremely profound or moronic, I’m undecided which?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 19:59:25 pm »

Are you sure this is the case here at NTFC?

Owners have had a very easy ride on the back of 2 miserable relegations, £7m of debt, with no tangible assets, no progress with East stand, etc etc etc.

The Trust is asking for more, but keep getting told they don't represent the current fan base ! So which is ??
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 20:01:49 pm »

When there have been 50 different clubs to feature in the Premier League since it’s inception why not dream big!

Truth be told I’d be happy with being a solid league 1 club with occasional dalliances with the Championship. If Burton, Wycombe etc can do it why can’t we. I would strongly suggest we are bigger than both these clubs with much greater potential albeit untapped in over a 100 years 😂

Totally and utterly agree oh Zen Master.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: