The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:27:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sutton (h) Sat 2nd Oct.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sutton (h) Sat 2nd Oct.  (Read 15547 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2021, 16:16:13 pm »

i think the supporters expectations are way above those of the club .
Our budget is poor and we would do well to finish top 10 .
Even moderate teams pay more than we do .
We rely on picking up cheap deals that we turn around - and then the players leave for more money once given a lifeline .
Make no mistake , the best players in this team will also leave .
The owners do not invest in this club and it shows .
I'd genuinely by interested to know what evidence there is of this? Not neccesarily calling you a liar either, just want to know what your evidence is for making these claims.

It's the easiest thing in the world to suggest that a manger won't last at a club because almost none of them make it past two years... but I can't see any progression, and to be honest some of the results have masked poor performance. Only thing we offered was a good centre-back partnership, and set pieces, and nothing has moved on from them. What's the plan if we did sneak a way up to the next league playing this this, another years of being thumped? It doesn't take us anywhere, and as much as I like the bloke's passion personally, much like Austin and Sammo before him, I think I'm in the Brady out camp as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2021, 16:19:19 pm »

Even moderate teams pay more than we do .

I’m sure when Danny Rose joined league 1 he signed on  massively reduced wages from Mansfield.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2021, 16:37:29 pm »

The tactics today were some of the worst that I can remember from us. McGowan is one of our best attacking options and that was totally nullified bu playing him at CB. What also totally nullified him is that he isn’t remotely a CB.

McWilliams was beyond hopeless at right back and should have been sent off for two yellows. How he got away with it I’ll never know but he did. They were crucifying us down that half and a half time change was so clearly needed. With Harriman on the bench (laughably by the way given the need for someone who can play CB), he had to come on at half time for Shaun.

The fact we conceded that side 20 odd seconds into the half didn’t go down well for me.

We played pretty crap last week and got a point. Totally we were horrific and this is quickly a concerning drop in performance level.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2021, 16:42:16 pm »

Many more “performances” like that and John will be down the road.
Utterly clueless in every department.

We were crap today but Mitch Pinnock deserves special mention, I can cope with players being s*** But when they don’t try as well it boils my pîss.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2021, 16:44:51 pm »

No point dissecting todays game

All about a reaction next week.

Agree with the above, Pinnock was the poorest of the lot - surprising as his cameos thus far this season have been promising.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2021, 16:46:08 pm »

The Afghans have got on the plane back to the Taliban after that ….

Probably wondering what the fcuk Bovril is.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3338

« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2021, 16:47:47 pm »

Probably wondering what the fcuk Bovril is.

Grin
I thought the ref did OK considering she could barely see over the top of the grass.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2021, 16:53:15 pm »

They were comfortably the best side I've seen us play this season. Yes we were crap but that in large part was because they were better to a man. They played 5he right balance of long and short halls, they had sharpness and they were good at playing the game (the dark arts).They wanted it more, they played for each other.
After a slow start if they keep that  going they'll be top three, or close.
We'll be mid table at best l, something like I said after the Port Vale game.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2021, 16:56:12 pm »

It’s very difficult to sum up the game in any constructive way. Sutton, with the exception of a couple of players, didn’t impress me either. Which makes it all the more concerning, that they looks streets ahead of us. We still haven’t got one single player who I would consider a beacon of hope.

It was very grim today. Very fcuking grim indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2021, 16:56:52 pm »

And as I've said before, anyone who thinks McWilliams is anything like our best player is deluded. No way will he get the move to a better club that some have him down for.
Sorry Sean.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2021, 16:57:27 pm »

sooooooooooo fan backed / community focused clubs don't work ?

L1 - Plymouth 3rd, Wycombe 5th, MK 6th.  Burton 9th, Accrington 10th  

Yes I know not all exactly fan owned but certainly small clubs all far above us at the minute.
Plymouth to remind you have owners based in USA, have invested £7m into the club and has turned most of it into equity

L2 - FRG 1st, Harrogate 2nd, Exeter 6th, Barrow 7th, Sutton 11th (4th if win game in hand)

Us 10th and the joint lowest scorers in the whole fffffing league.  (and some will say we have had a bit of luck in some of those games too)

Please don't blame Brady, if he was to go, we would be on KT's 8th manager in 6 years.

Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2021, 16:59:30 pm »

Massive questions should be asked today after that.
Sutton were nothing special at all, yet we were worse in every department.
Tactically, that was worst performance I've seen since Pages pasting at Posh.

We have manged to find someone in Kabamba who is worse at playing football than Seal.
Why Harriman did not start at RB is baffling.
Zero creativity in middle of the pitch, and yet he still refuses to give Pollock ago when two down at home, is nothing short of infuriating.
No identity.
No game plan.
Complete waste of money.

I have no problem is saying evidently clear that we are going nowhere under Brady. Our position in the table flatters us, that's for sure.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2021, 17:00:05 pm »

It’s very difficult to sum up the game in any constructive way. Sutton, with the exception of a couple of players, didn’t impress me either. Which makes it all the more concerning, that they looks streets ahead of us. We still haven’t got one single player who I would consider a beacon of hope.

It was very grim today. Very fcuking grim indeed.

WHAT, how can that be?Huh? we have a data, committee based recruitment policy.(that was 5.5 years in the making)  And it was said on the radio on Thursday that this group is really really tight knit and will get us promoted. Someone is telling porkies

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Time for proof please not knee jerk reactions that we have had for the last 6 months
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2021, 17:01:26 pm »

sooooooooooo fan backed / community focused clubs don't work ?

L1 - Plymouth 3rd, Wycombe 5th, MK 6th.  Burton 9th, Accrington 10th  

Yes I know not all exactly fan owned but certainly small clubs all far above us at the minute.
Plymouth to remind you have owners based in USA, have invested £7m into the club and has turned most of it into equity

L2 - FRG 1st, Harrogate 2nd, Exeter 6th, Barrow 7th, Sutton 11th (4th if win game in hand)

Us 10th and the joint lowest scorers in the whole fffffing league.  (and some will say we have had a bit of luck in some of those games too)

Please don't blame Brady, if he was to go, we would be on KT's 8th manager in 6 years.

Thanks for some shining examples of clubs that are operating totally opposite to what you and the Trusty club want.  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2021, 17:03:47 pm »

WHAT, how can that be?Huh? we have a data, committee based recruitment policy.(that was 5.5 years in the making)  And it was said on the radio on Thursday that this group is really really tight knit and will get us promoted. Someone is telling porkies

We had a bad game. One which I doubt you even turned up to. Nothing stops you going to away games, if you disagree with the owners..
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2021, 17:06:33 pm »

Also, were we really looking at Matt Gray as a replacement after Curle? Another hoofball non-league dinosaur.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2021, 17:09:34 pm »

Serious? They outfooballed is regularly today. Had two fine wide players a ball playing centre kid who also was able to win the ball back. So everything that we haven’t been able to create.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest168

« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2021, 17:11:13 pm »

We had a bad game. One which I doubt you even turned up to. Nothing stops you going to away games, if you disagree with the owners..

Yeah we get a lot of those, lets blame the council shall we.

Sorry was working had to listen on the radio and even Tim was saying how surprised he is that the fans aren't angry. Sums up the apathy really doesn't it.

Do you say the same to Cobblerwatch, Melbourne Cobbler, Kelvin Thomas, David Bower, Mike Wailing etc - None of these live in the Country, so don't get to many games either, (sorry CW & Melly for dragging you into this)

Of course you don't. Still you are happy in L2 and below so please refrain from commenting on any games as you obviously doesn't matter to you
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2021, 17:15:36 pm »

Serious? They outfooballed is regularly today. Had two fine wide players a ball playing centre kid who also was able to win the ball back. So everything that we haven’t been able to create.
I don't think they really created anything other than the second. First was just another set piece, and plenty of long aimless hoofs. Just physical, good in the air, and very limited.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2021, 17:16:09 pm »

Thanks for some shining examples of clubs that are operating totally opposite to what you and the Trusty club want.  Grin Grin Grin

Wrong again Hammy.  How do you know what the Trust want?

They want owners, whoever they are, to invest in THE FOOTBALL CLUB, to involve as many fans and locals as possible. To be more than the sum of it's parts.  

If you want to invest, awesome, but don't treat it as your investment pension plan, because it shouldn't be. Unless you are looking at asset striping the club and running off to sunnier climes

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: