The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:53:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sutton (h) Sat 2nd Oct.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sutton (h) Sat 2nd Oct.  (Read 15542 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2021, 21:28:20 pm »

Football is most definitely not the catalyst that equalises the gender anomaly. The game is ridden with bias and misogyny, just look at the average football fan on this forum with their 19th/20th century sexist attitudes. The wage inequality, the scorn and derision of fans, the media bias, the boardroom closed shop, the crass alpha male rejection of female skills. Football can in no way take any credit for the projection of women to a position that allows them entry into a scared and threatened male environment. To the average male's discredit, only women can claim that prize.

Fair enough response and I agree with what you say. But Ill ask you. What platform performs better? Id say football needs to kick on from the past, and thats abundantly clear. But football does bring the good folks across all sectors together? More so than anything else?

More blokes than women like football, and that will stay the same for decades to come, probably. Just the way we all operate. But that doesn't mean that it should be accepted as the norm. Hard to put into words. My wife has no interest in football week on week, but she does enjoy the euros and the world cup. And she lives with it. I think football can bridge the gap more so than most, and the more inclusion the better imo. I think you agree, its just hard to put into words on a forum. In summary, female refs, I see no reason why a good percentage of refs shouldn't be women in years to come, as they get more involved and work through the ranks. There is zero difference between a lady ref and a man ref, other than the attitude towards them by a minoritiy. And that will be sorted if it 'becomes the norm'.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2021, 21:32:27 pm »

Why Salford but not Sutton? Why Harrogate but not Sutton? Why should someone choose the games she can and can't officiate? Do you think perhaps that you have an outdated view of women?

Interesting comments I will ask my wife of 45yrs for her opinion. Any outdated view point for me is impractical with two modern daughters to boot. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2021, 21:55:35 pm »

Interesting comments I will ask my wife of 45yrs for her opinion. Any outdated view point for me is impractical with two modern daughters to boot. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Do you see what I mean? The pipe is on the very periphery of modern smoking habits. I don't think your family make-up can prove an argument, do you? At any rate, by the sound of it your two modern daughters could conceivably have daughters of their own by now. Wouldn't you like them to have the opportunity of refereeing a football match if they chose to without men deciding they aren't up to it?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2021, 22:01:55 pm »

'Modern daughters'  Grin

'What kind of fool do you think I am, to think I know nothing of the Modern World?'

The Modfather...Evers!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2021, 22:04:27 pm »

I have no idea how what the fuss is about the ref. Didn’t see any issues above and beyond any other ref.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2021, 22:25:31 pm »

Do you see what I mean? The pipe is on the very periphery of modern smoking habits. I don't think your family make-up can prove an argument, do you? At any rate, by the sound of it your two modern daughters could conceivably have daughters of their own by now. Wouldn't you like them to have the opportunity of refereeing a football match if they chose to without men deciding they aren't up to it?

Of course I do. Daughters have zero interest in Football.  Cannot comment any more. I would not stand in their way if they wish to referee a football game. Hope this suffices.

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2021, 23:03:52 pm »

Why not?

It’s an opinion - she is a young woman at the beginning of an exacting career. Ok - perhaps why not West Ham v Chelsea or the North London Derby. Like Manwork I did not appreciate the way which some of the Sutton players tried to intimidate her. We didn’t. By force of nature all is not perhaps equal or easy for a woman to referee a men’s League EFL game. By common consent on here she did ok. It is my perception that she had at least one uneasy moment in the match. I have no qualms about her refereeing here again but in my opinion she needs to be stronger with any player who deliberately flaunts her decisions. Perhaps a red card or two might focus the minds.

Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2021, 04:35:27 am »

I have no idea how what the fuss is about the ref. Didn’t see any issues above and beyond any other ref.

I noticed a couple..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2021, 04:53:22 am »

Don't be so hard on yourself. I consider myself reasonably well educated and have an extensive vocabulary but I still swear like a mother **** docker, partly because I like it but also because studies have shown swearing has a positive impact on stress levels.

But mainly because I'm a **** foul-mouthed **** ****.

Thanks for the support BoTN,

Its not easy as I suffer from dyslexia, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder and I'm also handicapped with intellectual disability, emotional disturbance and suffer from environmental, cultural and economic disadvantages.

This has all been diagnosed since the final whistle on Satdee.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2021, 07:02:04 am »

Thanks for the support BoTN,

Its not easy as I suffer from dyslexia, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder and I'm also handicapped with intellectual disability, emotional disturbance and suffer from environmental, cultural and economic disadvantages.

This has all been diagnosed since the final whistle on Satdee.  Grin

Fûck me with a list of ailments like that you’ll be presenting the BBC new at 10 before the weeks out.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2021, 07:42:38 am »

Still fishing  Roll Eyes,  have replied and answered your queries. Your comment ref ‘beating your wife’ is uncalled for and pretty nasty one at that. Under the circumstances please withdraw your unsavoury comment.

Not fishing at all but can I suggest you read posts a couple of times before you reply - the “have you stopped beating your wife” reference was obviously not a question to you, rather a well established example question where there is no good answer.

Again if you read properly my posts I said no big deal but your initial wording did not clarify in the respect of  it not being an ideal fixture for her as to whether you meant, as a woman or simply through experience - you now seem to be trying to clarify it’s down to lack of experience which is a reasonable opinion (one I don’t actually agree with because you can’t pick and choose fixtures for any ref at this level and it also pre-judges team’s behaviours).

I remain a little sceptical of your original comment (given in all your previous postings and our years of experiencing poor referees) I have never seen you comment on it being the wrong game for a referee with limited experience before - but you have tried retrospectively to clarify.

As for trying to score brownie points on PC issues I have no interest in that type of exercise but I do have strong views and quite a lot of experience on sexism in sport and in the same way as you now see many female physios in football (unheard of 20 years ago) I think it’s great to see female referees emerging.

On other comments here I understand but disagree with Manny’s comments on suitable games - where the issue is purely a matter of physical strength then of course there are differences but for me a good female referee officiating at a man’s game is no different from a good female teacher at a boy’s school.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2021, 07:55:23 am »

I think if there's female teachers at a school there should also be female students.
Not so sure you can appy the same with football refs and football players but that would certainly expose the dynamic.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2021, 07:59:06 am »

Sorry Everbrite but your comment "daughters have zero interest in football" is not true. As you sit near me you must be aware that our 3 season tickets consists of myself, my daughter and my eldest grand daughter. My daughter has always been interested in football and also occasionally used to go to Man Utd games with a friend when one of their season tickets was not being used.
I also used to play cricket, often twice a weekend, yet my son has never had any interest in football or cricket but did use to play basketball.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2021, 08:02:37 am »

Ref no better or worst that what I've seen previously. Hopefully we will have better but positive we will have much worse.
As always though the ref was let down by the assistants. The one in front of the West missed/ignored lots of shirt pulls, shoves etc. I really dont see the point of them most of the time as they wait to see what the ref says anyway

One thing I noticed again is the officials seemed to let all the holding, shirt pulling etc go, but as soon as the foul was from a tackle the cards came out. In line with what Brady has said previously I wonder if the 'grappling' is a direction from the ref's association?

Having said all this there are 11+ players in claret that don't deserve to hide behind any other factors in the game. They were all poor and the only player not in claret gets any sort of praise from me.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2021, 08:07:10 am »

Sorry Everbrite but your comment "daughters have zero interest in football" is not true. As you sit near me you must be aware that our 3 season tickets consists of myself, my daughter and my eldest grand daughter. My daughter has always been interested in football and also occasionally used to go to Man Utd games with a friend when one of their season tickets was not being used.
I also used to play cricket, often twice a weekend, yet my son has never had any interest in football or cricket but did use to play basketball.

To be fair to Evers (sometimes different!) I think he was referring to his daughters
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2021, 08:13:37 am »

Having seen Sutton play in hindsight it was IMO not a good game for her to ref? I am entitled to my opinion  and not bothered if it is a female, male or even trans ref. How you gauge people’s opinion on here is up to you. For my part you come across as a political animal seeking brownie points on PC issues?  Could do with Rebecca at a few difficult away games!
Don't agree with the comment (from manwork I think) about women only ref'ing womens games. Players surround male ref's too and I don't think she looked intimidated despite some of the players being twice her size. If anything I would say women that make it on to the pro ref list are going to be a lot more resilient than men.

Wanted to support evers a bit though. I don't necessarily agree this game was wrong for her but different factors are taken about how ref's are appointed all the time with male ref's so shouldn't be any different for female ref's.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2021, 08:19:16 am »

"I'm not sexist, some of my best friends are women"

Her performance was far, far better than some of the dross that we've witnessed but unfortunately as a female her performance will be under the spotlight every week. It's a minority attitude and could apply in any one of a number of scenarios.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2021, 08:37:32 am »

To be fair to Evers (sometimes different!) I think he was referring to his daughters

Of course I was - will have words Cool with the great man on Tuesday. Funny old game  one game we have a woman ref  then the next the dreaded Shakespeare who I quite like ....by the way without prejudice!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2021, 09:15:07 am »

Not fishing at all but can I suggest you read posts a couple of times before you reply - the “have you stopped beating your wife” reference was obviously not a question to you, rather a well established example question where there is no good answer.

Again if you read properly my posts I said no big deal but your initial wording did not clarify in the respect of  it not being an ideal fixture for her as to whether you meant, as a woman or simply through experience - you now seem to be trying to clarify it’s down to lack of experience which is a reasonable opinion (one I don’t actually agree with because you can’t pick and choose fixtures for any ref at this level and it also pre-judges team’s behaviours).

I remain a little sceptical of your original comment (given in all your previous postings and our years of experiencing poor referees) I have never seen you comment on it being the wrong game for a referee with limited experience before - but you have tried retrospectively to clarify.

As for trying to score brownie points on PC issues I have no interest in that type of exercise but I do have strong views and quite a lot of experience on sexism in sport and in the same way as you now see many female physios in football (unheard of 20 years ago) I think it’s great to see female referees emerging.

On other comments here I understand but disagree with Manny’s comments on suitable games - where the issue is purely a matter of physical strength then of course there are differences but for me a good female referee officiating at a man’s game is no different from a good female teacher at a boy’s school.

I find your analogy of wife beating is in poor taste and leave it at that. Unfortunately I find some of your comments a tad patronising. I say that without rancour!

Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:45 am »

Fûck me with a list of ailments like that you’ll be presenting the BBC new at 10 before the weeks out.

I'm not coloured in.

This also prevents me from representing a "stereotypical" UK family in TV adverts.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: