The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:42:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trannies 8 clean sheets v Cobblers 7 clean sheets 23rd Oct.  (Read 8331 times)
Clarity

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2021, 06:32:12 am »

You're absolutely correct to point this out. There's a definite theme of homophobia emerging here from Mr. OAP, remember his previous comments prior to the Hartlepool game.

"Manny - do you see any relevance in the referee for this game, Ben Toner (Bent Owner)?."

Frankly I find this sort of language today wholly inappropriate. I'm quite shocked its actually allowed, can't you leave the poofs alone OAP?
Am I ok to  Grin?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2021, 07:16:11 am »

Am I ok to  Grin?
Careful you will have 606 Cobbler wishing you dead as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 07:16:53 am »

As a self proclaimed and proud woke that a lot of folks on here seem so afraid of, I can categorically say that Mannys and OAPs humour doesn’t cause offence.
A little bit sadden by it but thankful that it’s just banter and they wouldn’t really want to offend anybody deliberately in the real world away from a keyboard and the opportunity for a giggle amongst friends.
I continue to be amazed that my own love for my fellow Cobblers fans will allow me to forgive them any sort of extreme and outdated political views - shame on me!!
Love you Jim.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 07:43:33 am »

As another lefty luvvie, I don't have any issue with the title. I just wanted to point out that's its the righties getting angry about what the lefties might say again when the lefties havent said anything. It happens a lot. Might have gammon for dinner tonight. Sorry got side tracked.

This was a game I had circled at the start of the season as one I wanted to go to but apparently my wife's cousins wedding is more important. Not appeh
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2021, 08:20:39 am »

As another lefty luvvie, I don't have any issue with the title. I just wanted to point out that's its the righties getting angry about what the lefties might say again when the lefties havent said anything. It happens a lot. Might have gammon for dinner tonight. Sorry got side tracked.

This was a game I had circled at the start of the season as one I wanted to go to but apparently my wife's cousins wedding is more important. Not appeh
I blame the education system for churning out brain washed lefties.
Thank god your a tiny minority.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 08:21:59 am »

In terms of anti-racism, sexual equality and general acceptance towards diversity of any kind, the world has never been a better place. However, reading the (TBH) sh*t that gets forced upon society these days you'd think it had never been worse. People need to stop feeling the need to apologise for situations and events totally unconnected to them (and quite often the world we live in today in general) and work on the issues that matter. For instance, our impotent strike force.

0 v 0 written all over it.

Great joke by TFAMH by the way  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 08:23:35 am »

Look, I don't want to wade in here for too long as it's pointless, people are obviously very entrenched in their views and are not going to be open to changing them, Manwork is very obviously Manwork and ain't going to change, but using the word Tranny or Poof is not acceptable. Fortunately, most people in my age group have grown up knowing that, so it's a practice that will die out, so you can cling to it if you want, but don't think everybody here thinks that marking yourself as a dinosaur makes you brave.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 08:38:04 am »

You are an actual liberal but sadly a dying breed. So many do not see the benefits of freedom of speech, forgiveness or reform anymore. Many wear "Woke" as a badge to justify their socially acceptable hate. I don't trust these people as far as I can throw them.
Sadly, I think you are bang on the money Gen.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 11:07:12 am »

Hopefully 3 points this weekend. Last time I went we won on a cold Tuesday night. My forth time going to tranmere.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 11:10:16 am »

Choosing to be offended by something you read on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shít rather go around it.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2021, 12:23:59 pm »

Look, I don't want to wade in here for too long as it's pointless, people are obviously very entrenched in their views and are not going to be open to changing them, Manwork is very obviously Manwork and ain't going to change, but using the word Tranny or Poof is not acceptable. Fortunately, most people in my age group have grown up knowing that, so it's a practice that will die out, so you can cling to it if you want, but don't think everybody here thinks that marking yourself as a dinosaur makes you brave.
You lot love to put stereotypical labels on people..
This is the thing with the woke left, they think they are correct and everyone else is either stupid or simply wrong.
I find most of the liberal elite have a massive fûcking chip on their shoulders and are some of the most bitter and twisted people I have ever had the misfortune of meeting.
I take comfort in the 80+ majority……….
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2021, 13:16:56 pm »

I see my reference to referee Ben Toner has been brought up again. As pointed out at the time the perceived definition of this had not crossed my mind and my interpretation of the word "bent" was crooked.
It is almost impossible to post anything these days without somebody reading something into it to suit their own agenda. Now what was that famous old Yorkshire saying that seems even more relevant today "there's nowt as queer as folk". Before somebody jumps on this queer as meaning odd and not poofs although these days it is almost impossible to watch a tv programme without a same sex couple as all types have to be included.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2021, 16:21:12 pm »

I see my reference to referee Ben Toner has been brought up again. As pointed out at the time the perceived definition of this had not crossed my mind and my interpretation of the word "bent" was crooked.
It is almost impossible to post anything these days without somebody reading something into it to suit their own agenda. Now what was that famous old Yorkshire saying that seems even more relevant today "there's nowt as queer as folk". Before somebody jumps on this queer as meaning odd and not poofs although these days it is almost impossible to watch a tv programme without a same sex couple as all types have to be included.
I’m beginning to like you.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2021, 17:31:11 pm »

West Stand posted some stats and then the thread lost its way somewhat!!

Anyway, its 5th v 6th with Rovers on that 8 game unbeaten run in all competitions. Just three league defeats all season, at home to Newport and away at Scunny and Rochdale, all by a scoreline of 1-0. Tranmere have not scored more than 2 goals in any of their league games so far but they did put 4 past Leeds U21's in the Papa Johns Trophy.

The aforementioned Peter Clarke is their top league goalscorer with three, Kieron Morris has two with the rest of the goals spread equally amongst five other players.

Nicky Mellon is the man in charge of Rovers, this is his second spell. He left in 2020 after almost four years at the helm and a decent record of 91 wins from 198 games. He found it harder at Dundee United though, 15 wins in 46 games before leaving there and moving back to Tranmere in June. He also had two spells as a player with the club via a £350,000 move to Burnley in 1999.

The head to head record is delicately poised, 15 wins for each side, the other 12 games have ended as draws. We have picked up just 4 wins in our 21 visits to Prenton Park over the years (10 defeats) but we did win on our last visit as two Sam Hoskins goals gave us the points in February 2019. You have to go back to 1986 for our previous win to that on their soil, and only one of our four wins there has come on a Saturday.

Tom Nield is down to be the referee for this game, its his fifth season on the league list and so far this season he has dished out 53 yellow and one red card in just 10 games. We saw him twice last season, both away from home, firstly in the early season 0-4 EFL Cup defeat at Bristol City and then for the goalless draw at Doncaster when five Cobblers found their way into the book. He reffed Tranmere three times last season, in the League at Forest Green in May (2-1 defeat), in the FA Cup at Prenton Park against Brackley (1-0) and also at the same venue in the EFL Cup (1-1 draw with Harrogate)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2021, 18:36:56 pm »

Mitch Pinnock is among the leaders of efl div.2 goal assists. There are 4 players with 5 assists and Pinnock is 1 of 2 players with 4 assists. The new Nicky Adams?  Think he is likely to score more goals than Adams did.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2021, 18:56:59 pm »

Wake up and smell the prog!

Tranmere programmes are the benchmark for the great smelling prog (my previous two, Queen of the South and Hartlepool are shockers!) and many a lass in pubs on Dale Street have had said progs pushed to their face to sample the exquisite perfumery!

Roscoe's Head, Dispensary and others before heading across the Mersey to Hamilton Square and the excellent Gallagher's Ale House.

Tranmere Rovers 2 - 2 Northampton Town
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2021, 19:35:15 pm »

In terms of anti-racism, sexual equality and general acceptance towards diversity of any kind, the world has never been a better place. However, reading the (TBH) sh*t that gets forced upon society these days you'd think it had never been worse.

Absolutely right, the problem with endless promotion of inclusivity these days is that it becomes counter productive by highlighting differences.
At some football matches players are applauded for taking the knee, at Sixfields on Tuesday the players were applauded for not taking the knee. If the media would stop making an issue of it nobody would notice what the players did.
99% of people are accepting of any ones race, lifestyle etc, the others are just bad people and we have to accept that they exist too.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2021, 20:32:01 pm »

Got to get this off my hairy chest. I’ve lost my hair, which at 60 isn’t too big a deal. However I’m subjected to regular jibes about the lack of flowing locks.
Between you and me I’m quite upset. How many times has a folically challenged linesman been called a bald c when he makes an error?
We need a voice, we need a campaign to stamp this out!!
I’m so cross, we need a voice and a strong campaign against baldism.
I’m not a marketing type, but I say something catchy is needed
Bald Lives Matter!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2021, 21:09:34 pm »

Got to get this off my hairy chest. I’ve lost my hair, which at 60 isn’t too big a deal. However I’m subjected to regular jibes about the lack of flowing locks.
Between you and me I’m quite upset. How many times has a folically challenged linesman been called a bald c when he makes an error?
We need a voice, we need a campaign to stamp this out!!
I’m so cross, we need a voice and a strong campaign against baldism.
I’m not a marketing type, but I say something catchy is needed
Bald Lives Matter!
I think you may have a friend who frequents this forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2021, 21:48:23 pm »

What has happened to Jordan Flores? Is he injured?

He is highly thought of and many non cobblers fans saw him as a real coup for us and potentially the POTS.
doesn’t do enough .
neither strong nor influential
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: