The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:27:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Exeter (A) Tuesday 7th December

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exeter (A) Tuesday 7th December  (Read 10900 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2021, 21:04:35 pm »

At the end that was the best piece of game management I have seen from us in a while. How many times have we had that done to us. Physio on and off, Pinnock in the corner if I was one of the titter supporters I’d have been going bonkers, brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2021, 21:07:27 pm »

Brilliant win tonight.  Could only listen on the radio but sounded like a great first half and the conditions definitely affected us second half.  Tough to play in those conditions against a side who have clearly had a massive kick up the backside at half time.

Would have been happy to hang on for a draw but what a win.  In terms of results reminds me of the away win at Plymouth when Wilder was in charge.  Potentially massive result and all things considered the management team and players performing way above my expectations at the moment.

Great stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2021, 21:10:25 pm »

Well done lads.
Definitely worth the £10 iFollow.
Now onto the home end at Harrogate.
UTC

Let me know your row/seat number! Will say hello!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2021, 21:10:44 pm »

Didn’t realise they had the longest home unbeaten run in the country. Makes it a better achievement.
Sky “ Northampton ended Exeter's 20-match unbeaten home record in all competitions with a controversial 2-1 win at St James Park.”
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2021, 21:25:02 pm »

4 points ahead of 4th, 6 points ahead of 8th.
The villagers will blow up come New Year.
We've got this league in the bag.
I would concede the title to the Villagers already! They are destroying everyone with ease... don't see them imploding at any stage!

The Micky Mouse outfits from North Yorkshire and South London however... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2021, 22:01:36 pm »

At the end that was the best piece of game management I have seen from us in a while. How many times have we had that done to us. Physio on and off, Pinnock in the corner if I was one of the titter supporters I’d have been going bonkers, brilliant.

Loved it; it was done so professionally that I thought he was injured. Their right back was pulling Pinnocks shirt all game; little tugs and nips all game but the ref just let it go! However, overall we were the better team inspite of a dodgy first 15 mins of second half. Lucky for them Ete not available!
Report Spam   Logged

WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2021, 22:39:54 pm »

Great win. Not many will come away with much from there this season. Win easy, win ugly, win stylishly. Just win!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2021, 02:18:06 am »

What a great win !!
A real statement and once again without one of our better players .
A master stroke to play 3 at the back to accommodate Lewis , McWilliams and Sowerby but also accommodate Rose without him playing on his own up front .
Kion is out for longer than anticipated and so i think this is how we will be lining up moving forward .
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2021, 05:38:15 am »

Didn’t realise they had the longest home unbeaten run in the country. Makes it a better achievement.
Sky “ Northampton ended Exeter's 20-match unbeaten home record in all competitions with a controversial 2-1 win at St James Park.”

Controversial?? Where do they get that from?
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2021, 05:44:15 am »

That was a great win and a massive three points. The first half performance was really good and we really could have put the game to bed by half time.

Started the second half a bit flat footed, perhaps playing into the wind was part of that reason as well as losing McWilliams but we stood firm, had a bit of luck with the winner then managed the game really well. Overall I think we deserved to return with the victory.

If we can get something from the game at Harrogate on Saturday then that will cap a great week where we've had two difficult away games.

UTC
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2021, 06:38:53 am »

Two back to back great wins. Along with Forrest Green, Exeter and Orient are the form teams in the division right now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2021, 07:30:29 am »

The ‘tackle’ by Koiki before their glaring miss at the end could have been a red card on another day (fortunately he didn’t make full contact) but we’ve been on the receiving end of something worse recently.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2021, 07:56:37 am »

Controversial?? Where do they get that from?
Exeter didn't think it was a free kick so they have made a headline out of very little. I would have thought breaking the run and the  conditions would have been headline enough but you know what journalists are like!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2021, 07:59:35 am »

The ‘tackle’ by Koiki before their glaring miss at the end could have been a red card on another day (fortunately he didn’t make full contact) but we’ve been on the receiving end of something worse recently.

Meanwhile, check out the red card for Sutton. Awful decision.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2021, 08:00:32 am »

Great result and a great run, squad showing their ability and adaptability with losing players before games but also during it in the last couple.
The management team also showing intelligence with the changes. Felt sorry for Flores but I think he will understand the reasons why.
Still think January will be crucial as although gaps are starting to form its still pretty tight down to 10th.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2021, 08:17:37 am »

Got back home from Exeter about half 1 in the morning. Brilliant win. I personally think we should of been playing football on the deck more.  but on the other hand, we dug in well and defended brilliantly, still think we need at least 3- 4 players in the window to really kick on this season. UTC

To win at their ground by not playing brilliantly is promotion form 👌
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2021, 09:37:08 am »

An excellent 3 points, we really seem to be their bogey team. Conditions made a noticeable difference to how the game panned out as an Exeter fan commented at half time "don't know how we are only losing 1-0, Northampton should be out of sight". Completely different after the break and maybe slightly fortunate to seal the win after having to resort to some s***housery tactics.
20 of the 23 shots came from the team playing with the wind and it is rather concerning that Exeter managed 14 to our 6.
The majority of the other results were favourable and it has now spread the top teams a little more.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:24 am »

Huge, huge Grin win in a weird old game. We dominated the first half, missed a load of good chances and then go ahead from a massive deflection on a dreadful strike.

Second half we were spanked. All over the shop, could and should have been behind then go back in front with a flukey strike out of nowhere. Exeter seemed to panic after that but how they missed that one at the death is anyone's guess.

Still, that's a few games lately we've won when not being at our best over the 90 minutes. When you seem to win despite yourselves, it's usually a damn good sign of where the season is going to end up...

Very strange opinion of the game which is completely at odds with those there Roll Eyes Also completely at odds with comments on the Exeweb forum Shocked

True the first 15 mins of the second half looked grim but gradually the defence regained basic control. I find it extraordinary you feel it necessary to slate the overall performance. That win was based and due to our defence which unlike Exeters played a much stouter game. Finally have you tried running against a fierce and gusty bitterly cold wind?
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2021, 11:23:00 am »

Very strange opinion of the game which is completely at odds with those there Roll Eyes Also completely at odds with comments on the Exeweb forum Shocked

True the first 15 mins of the second half looked grim but gradually the defence regained basic control. I find it extraordinary you feel it necessary to slate the overall performance. That win was based and due to our defence which unlike Exeters played a much stouter game. Finally have you tried running against a fierce and gusty bitterly cold wind?

Why on earth do you always feel the need to start arguments with everyone?  It was, as I said, a huge win. I really enjoyed the game. We did  exceptionally well overall.

That doesn't mean we weren't poor in the second half, because for a lot of it we were. We weren't helped by the conditions, McWilliams going off, Flores coming on and Exeter stepping up a gear. We improved as the half wore on, but that was largely a result of us managing the game professionally rather than us actually playing good football. I'm not dismissing the importance of being able to shut games down, on the contrary it's vital, but we stopped Exeter playing rather than playing "well" ourselves. Let's just say that those last 25 minutes or so weren't for the purist. They were, however, highly effective and great to watch as a Cobblers fan.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest49

« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2021, 11:36:06 am »

Without the fact that those watching at home invariably have a better view of what is actually going on most of the time.
We should be revelling in 3 big away points  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: